Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Need to defrost the freezer today and have a proper sort out of what's in there, use up all the little bits and bobs. So dessert tonight will probably be a very mixed fruit salad.

Kettle's on so I'll be round with the tea trays in a bit.

Have a good day all.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning GF. My washer's just finished. No pink glow here, just grey, grey heavy clouds.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
        Rubbish night's sleep again...

I've been listening to a woodpecker for the last half hour. What a wonderful way to start the day!
        Absolutely no idea what I'll do today - no doubt I'll find out

Ta muchly for the tea MH - perfect timing

Almost weekend again - gas anyone got any exciting plans?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Another sunny dry day here and the garden looks like its been snowing leaves I'll be collecting them later for my cage.

Hair cut this morning not to sure after that.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Nicos i've not seen a woodpecker around here for a few years, there used to be one down at the local pond.
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 19-11-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

That's a point, I haven't heard any woodpeckers for a long time and we used to have loads. I shall keep an ear out. Maybe I've just missed them, not that they've disappeared. I hope not.

Got the busy-busies going on again today. But no-one to blame but myself.

We had the hardest frost of the season so far last night. The smiles weren't keen to set off, it was so cold, but I persuaded them by mentioning the tea trays. Doubtless you'll get lots your way this morning, mothhawk.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                A bright breezy day and the sub is out.
                Leaf rakingforme as they are everywhere.
                I am bringing my window boxes into the greenhouse to overwinter the geraniums.

The smiles flowing on the breeze ages ago Snoop.

Thanks for the breakfast try Mothawk.
                Have a good all, cantbrlieve its the weekend already.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Camper van update…if anyone is interested?

It didn’t fail it’s MOT but had a sort of recall. The tyres weren’t ok…we guessed as much as the mot here is every 2 years and they were clearly close to their limit.
                  They passed the uk MOT and have done less than 200 miles since we bought it.
                  The tyres we ordered are van specific and the snow, ice, mud safety specific which is coming in fairly soon….but they didn’t arrive in time for the MOT
                  They did however arrive this morning and are now fitted …yippeee! Follow through MOT is on Monday and it will fly through.

Such a relief!…so if anyone needs an excuse to celebrate , please feel free to piggyback on our celebration.
                  Only 2 more Admin hurdles after this then it will be a fully fledged Camper.
                  We celebrated last Xmas at the potential…this Xmas should be a celebration of the realisation of that

Oh, and yes, I accidentally bought some Beaujolais nouveau … One moment I was filling up with petrol and the next minute I was stood there holding 2 bottles of wine. Isn’t life strange?

Comment

• Congratulations on your achievements with your camper van Nicos, all the hard work paid off.
                    Enjoy your wine, you well deserve it.

It was a beautiful sunny afternoon and as I raked up the leaves noticed the first daffodil shoots are up.
                    Hoping for a bit of colour early next year.
                    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

That's good news about your camper Nicos hopefully it will sail through those Admin hurdles.

I'll have to check my daffodils tomorrow Bramble.

Enjoy your evening

Comment

• Daffs already Bramble?...oh wow!

Comment

• Morning all. I can't seem to go back to sleep this morning. Wide awake. Shall I get up and make coffee? That is the question. Still ages off daylight. I'm hoping to get a few hours at the allotment today before the freezing air arrives tomorrow. It's already 11°C here now. I must have a look and see if my daffs are thinking about it.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

What did you decide gf? Sometimes having a hot cuppa helps me get to sleep again. But that’s tea, not coffee.

I’d not checked the weather forecast for a while as it’s been pleasantly warm for Autumn. Apparently our cold snap is on its way too. Snow flurries towards the end of the week. ….but we’ll be in England where it’s forecast -2C at night at the same time.
                            Glad I checked - cos now I’m packing warmer clothing

Our wood is arriving today ,so it’ll be good to get that cut and stacked whilst it’s fine. Perfect timing!
                            Anyone fancy a cuppa?

Comment

• Morning

Nipped out to check and no sign of daffs yet unless they're hiding under the leaves.

Looks like being a dry day here with a bit of sunshine.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning Nicos

I've got my own tea thanks along with a bacon and mushroom cob

We've got a forecast of 1 to 2c here this week.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X