X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Sounds a delightful start to the day Snoop!
    We have heavy frost. Bang on time as usual as my mirabelle is almost in full blossom

We saw a couple of deer in the field behind our house yesterday. Hunting season is over for now so they seem to be being a bit more brave. Always a delight to see.

Off in the camper today , mostly to do a grory hop and then park up for a few hours for a walk and a read after wandering around a garden centre. My last chance locally of finding a max/ min non digital thermometer by my birthday.

One thing I’ve noticed here is that French hospitals insist that before surgery you have to shower in an antiseptic liquid the evening before, and then the morning of, the actual surgery. It’s free on prescription and it includes washing your hair with it. And they send you a reminder to do it a couple of days before! Sounds really sensible.

Have a great day everyone. Not spotted the smiles yet, maybe they are following the blue skies?

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.
    Grey and drizzly today and no wind to blow it all away. My bro brought me a dustbin bag of straw yesterday that had been used as packing around something he bought. I'm undecided whether to put it into the compost bin, or just spread it over the veg patch around the broad beans and cabbage. Won't be doing either till the rain stops though

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Bright blue skies. Mr Snoop is smiling, as it looks like he should have a very productive week with his young helper (YH). The weather for the week ahead is definitely on his side. First job for this afternoon, though, he says, is get me a load of hay from a friend's barns.

I've got a great ton of stuff to get through this week as well. But feeling very positive about it all. It'll all get done eventually.

The birds were singing like mad again this morning. Probably enjoying the sunshine. We've never had as many birds as this in our valley. And it sounds like we have a blackbird very close to the house. Lovely. The smiles were looping the loop before they set off. Clearly they like sunshine and birdsong as well.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning Jay
    I'd have had a cuppa with you had I realised you were up too.

Very greyyyyyyyy again but dry. Looks like quite a bit of heavy rain in the forecast from tomorrow and the wind direction is changing, must say I've had enough of that easterly one.
    Think I will be in the gh/outside as much as possible.

Tea anyone? I don't drink coffee anymore but I will make you that if preferred

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning, awake yet again at silly o’clock!

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Any left in the pot, Nicos? I'm ready for another cuppa. I do drink herbal teas, but not bought ones, which seem to taste very artificial. My favourite is mint tea, but I'll also drink honey and lemon, rosemary, and sage and honey. Not too keen on ginger tea.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Just come in from gardening….

( in a vest top and shorts)

It was very chill out of the sun but worth the effort as the soil was sopping wet under the gravel and I easily cleared a large area.

I’ve made the chocolate mousse for tonight and OH has made a couple of curries.
    Think I’ll have a brew now- anyone fancy joining me?

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Happy mothers day to all the mothers on here and to those good mothers who have gone before us.
    Sunny and breezy here so we are out walking.
    Tea, and plenty of it in my house.
    I dont drink coffee as it doesnt seem to agree with me.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Best wishes to all the mums here. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Cold enough last night for a decent layer of ice to form in the assorted trugs and buckets in our corral. Must have been very cold down in the fields. That said, the weather is on the change. Daytime temperatures are due to rise and it looks like there won't be another frost for a week or so. Mr Snoop very pleased, as he has a young building helper arriving on Monday.

My crockpot delivery has gone awry. I've told Amazon no weekend deliveries (the delivery point is a company), but the delivery people tried to deliver it yesterday and supposedly they're trying again today. Originally, it was due to arrive on Tuesday next week, which would have been perfect. Hope it doesn't go back to the supplier, as I'll have missed out on the special offer (more than half price off).

Just had my first cup of tea of the day. As for coffee, an espresso amount of good coffee topped up with three times the amount of hot frothy milk. The whole thing ideally made by Mr Snoop. Who of course makes it so much better than me. I was thinking just the other day it'll soon be time to start collecting thyme for thyme tea. I collected a lot last year, and we hardly had any need for it. I can vouch for the fact that it helps for sore throats and colds. I was sceptical at first, but it does seem to have an effect. Plus it tastes nice. I believe it has antiseptic properties, which is why thyme is so popular with bees.

Right, I spent so long fiddle-faddling about yesterday in the end that I've got too much to do today. Better get to it or I'll fall increasingly behind.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All. Happy Mothering Sunday

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning complete cloud cover with no break, so could be in for wet day today, we have Poppy with us just now and when out earlier I was bitter cold with a slever in the wind, so can't see much gardening being done today, unless of course OH wants housework done, I might start sowing some seeds later as we will be away for a week this coming Friday so that would give them a chance to be up through by the time we come back. All this chatter about tea reminds me that my friend when we used to go hill walking, still hasn't paid me for the tea I gave him when he was suffering from dehydration I will need to remind him about that again, it was always hot tea on the hills, never coffee which dried you up, even on a warm day it was nice to sit with a refreshing hot cup of tea, a feeling that I never get with a cup of coffee, I drink both coffee and tea nowadays but having a cup of coffee just isn't as relaxing as a hot cup of tea.
    Well need to go and get ready for church, have a good day and to all mothers whither to children or husbands ,,,,Thanks​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

We've got rain for the day at least we know the replacement guttering on the shed doesn't have any leaks and is topping up the water butts.

I'm with GF I have just enough milk in my tea to cover the bottom of the mug then drink half way down before topping up from the teapot. I don't drink coffee but I do like Rooibos and herbal teas. Other than that its water during the day and sometimes Horlicks at bedtime.

Enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good morning all.

I had a much better night's sleep. I was awake at 4am for a while but managed to drop off again eventually.

Weather wise it's an awful morning. 7°C and pouring rain. It's due to continue all day.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    I drink green tea, the flavoured ones but I will grab a large tea
    Mum's boiler has gone off again (last night)
    I will be there anyway today, kinda spoils the day though.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Just having my second mug of tea but there’s plenty of hot water left in the kettle. Feel free to help yourselves.
    Mothering Sunday - hope everyone has a lovely day , mummy or not.

Do you drink herbal teas MH? I’ve started drinking Turmeric tea, ginger tea (and having cinnamon on my porridge) as they are supposed to help reduce cholesterol. The ginger is my favourite tbh

As it’s not raining so far, I’m intending to crack on later with the never ending job of weeding the gravel drive.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X