X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

It's just started raining here with a vengeance! I was sitting by an open window and felt the sudden temperature drop as the wind picked up, then the heavens opened, and I closed the window sharpish! Definitely an indoors day today. I gave the garden a sprinkling of sulphate of potash yesterday, so the rain will be settling that in well at least.

Right, time for a cuppa and breakfast - porridge weather methinks.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Woke up to heavy rain so it looks like another indoor day today apart from a quick, local, grory hop.
    I still have a bit of campervan sorting to do. I like to leave it near enough ready to head off at a moments notice! Not that we have any plans for the next few weeks!
    I started knitting a bobble hat whilst away with wool I bought in a charity shop so I might get on with that too.
    I also think I’ll pick some of our daffs and pop them in a vase.

Anyone got plans for the weekend? I think we’ll just enjoy being at home!

Enjoy your day peeps - did I just spot the smiles whizzing overhead?…I’m sure I saw a flash of red…brollies or a nice bit of lippy?

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning GF, morning all.

Looking like November here today. We're due to have a very cold spell starting tomorrow but perhaps the chill has arrived today. Anyway, I'll be stuck indoors today, trying to get a load of stuff done in readiness for venturing to Cumbria tomorrow to see family. Got rather a lot to do... Had hoped to get through more, but never mind.

Catch you all later. Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    I have never heard of blister pack openers Bren.
    Welcome back Nicos.
    We have more rain due today, even sleety showers were mentioned.
    Too busy for gardening anyway.

Kettle is on.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Wow!…..that’s amazing!….I think you may well have sorted your stocking fillers for next Xmas!
    That really is amazingly neat!
    Did you follow a pattern?
    Nicos I followed a pattern in a book there’s also videos on YouTube that I found useful.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    I don't have a problem with tins and jars, it's packets of tablets I struggle with, both the seals on the boxes and pressing them out of the foil!
    Flo you buy a gadget that pops pull out of those foil cards.

Edited to say they’re called ‘Blister pack openers’
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 21-02-2024, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Me again!….Can you tell I’ve missed you all?

Just wanted to mention that driving through Cambridgeshire and Oxfordshire yesterday there were loads of flooded road closures. Really sad to see so many farmers’ fields under water . Not sure how long crops can cope like that before rotting?
    Didn't see any houses under water , but I guess the risk was very high

The upside of driving through there was that we’ve never seen so many kites (birds) …some looked like they were either being territorial or flirting . I guess it’s nest making time soon!
    Last edited by Nicos; 21-02-2024, 04:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Great fun here reading back all your old posts whilst I’ve been away!

Tins…hmm - there are quite a few devices though for opening ring pulls and jar lids these days, but corned beef tins still scare me too. …even following the advice of using a normal tin opener to remove the top and bottom before pushing the contents out.
    I ended up in A&E when I was in my 20’s opening a corned beef tin using that screw thingy. I almost chopped off the end of my thumb and had loads of stitches. Couldn’t use my hand for almost 2 weeks which basically interfered with absolutely everything. The end of my thumb is still numb in parts

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Afternoon, only a few spots of rain earlier but by then the towels and bedding were dry.
    Ive finished the net shopping bag, it’s not much but I’m proud of my first crochet item.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e5426d75-a05c-46cc-bfa6-3f2093da7dce.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	754.0 KB
ID:	2575364
    Wow!…..that’s amazing!….I think you may well have sorted your stocking fillers for next Xmas!
    That really is amazingly neat!
    Did you follow a pattern?

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by rary View Post

I still am, though must admit it's the late thirties
    Sorry..bit confused here Rary…are you actually admitting that you were born in the late 30’s

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon n’alln’all

And yes, I’m finally back home!

We’ve had a wonderful two weeks away but it’s lovely being back in my own home.

I’ve not had a chance yet to read back as we’re still unpacking but just wanted to say hi for now.

Waking up this morning to drizzle has mean tumbling the washing but looking out at the garden I was really chuffed to see so many daffs in flower! So glad I went bonkers a few years ago and planted out so many bulbs

Enjoy your day peeps - I did spot the smiles a few times whilst away flying over the camper heading ‘oop norf’. Always a delight to spot

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    I don't have a problem with tins and jars, it's packets of tablets I struggle with, both the seals on the boxes and pressing them out of the foil!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good morning.

Awful, depressing weather here. Heavy rain....again.

I need to go out shortly and pick up some prescriptions from the chemist. I'll also call round to see my brother in law and take him the shopping I bought him yesterday.

It makes me feel a bit better to know I'm not the only one who struggles with tins. I blame some of it on the fact I'm a leftie.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning g all.
    No rain here but it's a little on the dull side,
    Hoping to get out to the garden to do some more tidying,
    I decided to let my garden go wild from last autumn for nature purposes.
    * wouldnt do it again, nettles, docks, a few briars and a mishmash of other weeds.
    I have almost got it back into shape,
    Starting to sort through my seed packets now and get out the propogator.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Heavy rain here. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X