This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

I don't have a preference I just like seaside fish and chips especially if eaten outdoors.

It sounds like you had a good weekend Snoop

Its misty/foggy here today so I won't be hanging out the laundry like I'd planned.

Enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

This morning’s gift from Hibou was a nice big piece of onion skin…… much less of a trip factor eh?

Ah the quiet of the countryside - we had tractors and trucks driving back and forth whilst an enormous piece of machinery has been cutting silage. Looks like it’s going from field to field. No doubt it’s the warm (ish) wet weather extending the growing season of the grass. * Looks at lawns again

Sounds like a great weekend Snoop - that lad will always remember making his first loft of bread. No doubt he’ll be showing is grandchildren how to make it one day…..

Got to go and get more building material later - make a darned useful gofer don’t I?

Breakfast of porridge and pears first though.
      Anyone fancying a cuppa?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
        It's a beautiful sunny morning here and 10degs.
        Domestics first and then a long walk.

Snoop, sounds like you had a great weekend.l

Nicos, likes like anotherbusy day for you.

Fish and chips from the chip shop, is there anything more appetising.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. I did the grory hop earlier. Sort of chilly and murky here today. I decided to make some squash soup with the large squash I brought home the other day. When I hacked it open I was surprised to discover it only has a small seed cavity compared to lots I've grown in the past but lots of creamy flesh. Unfortunately I can't find the seed packet. I remember that the first lot I planted never grew and these seeds were free ones that I got with a magazine at some point in the last few years.....typical disorganised me. They sat doing nothing for weeks when I planted them out but one day decided to go mad. The point is I've just tried the soup and it is very moreish.

Comment

• ^If you've got another that's the same, might it be worth posting a photo, greenishfing? Someone here might recognise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              ^If you've got another that's the same, might it be worth posting a photo, greenishfing? Someone here might recognise it.
              Gave one to my sister yesterday but another half dozen left that I intend to keep.

Comment

• Here is the other half of the one I made into soup tonight. Looks wise nothing special at all.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20211115_191114.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	2536622

Comment

• Good evening all,hope your all well,where has time gone,i have been absent due to things got to me,emotions are doing what they like,ended up in a state,with a bad migrain,something am not used to,could not eat are stand light for a few days,still not clever but better than,keep having weird heads and lots of sleep,comes on without warning,i suppose it is part of the prossess,now got a lovely working kitchen,and a new spare room,the rest can wait until next year,i need to get myself together and organize my new life,i do not drive the car at the moment,on account of my head,still no regrets about our move,slaped some mincemeat together yesterday,now maturing a short time,still heard nothing of my 2 other sons,had my booster jab,picking up new hearing aids in a couple of days,my head is doing and thinking about all sorts,but the body is very slow to work,you hear about grief,but nothing can prepare you for it,i thought i was doing fine,but it got me,today would have been his 80th bless him,anyhow am still about,look after yourselves and Bgood
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hey lottie, great to see you and want to let you know I’m thinking about you. Happy Birthday to MR.
                    Sending love and hugs xox
                    sigpic

Comment

• Lots of hugs flying over to you lottie…we’re here for you lass xxxx

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

OK…so who has got the sun today? Looks like it rained in the night.

No pressies from Hibou during the night but yesterday evening she kept wanting to go out and come in again.
                        Eventually he heard a large thud on the front door and opened it it only to found she’d thrown a dead rat at it to catch our attentionYep, it’s the countryside , and yes there are rats….but there is one less now! Can you understand now why we don’t want a cat flap?

Time for a brew…then off to hospital later. Campervan MOT this afternoon - so double crossed fingers please!

porridge with blueberries for breakfast - ( dippy eggs for the porridge haters and both for those who are just plain greedy!)

Comment

• Oh Lottie look after yourself. Hugs from me too.

Nicos I can see why you wouldn't want a cat flap. Hibou is probably so proud of herself for providing all that food! Dippy egg for me please though.

It's very grey here and everything is wet. It's either rained recently or been frosty. Rain I think.

I am feeling old today and all because while doing the grory hop yesterday a young woman offered to lift something down off a shelf for me. Although I thanked her profusely I suddenly felt ancient.

Comment

• Thinking of you Lottle xx

Comment

• Morning all

I know where you are coming from Lottie and my heart goes out to you. Birthdays are bad and I spent all day at Helens grave on that day. Chin up lass and take care of yessell.

Its rather strange as I have never lived by myself. I lived at home with Mam and Dad then got married 47 years ago and now theres only me and the dog. He's not much use and usually stays in the other downstairs room. I had a German Shepherd who was very family orientated but Kato is a Siberian Husky and likes to keep himself to himself.

Anyway, dog walking this morning then off to see whether I can get my Daughter birthday card and present. I need a couple more presents for a couple of Grandaughters, but what do you buy an 8 year old and a 10 year old?
                              I'm sure I'll sort summat out!

TTFN
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Mornin n’alln’all

OK…so who has got the sun today? Looks like it rained in the night.
                                Not me Nicos, its misty here this morning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X