Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all,the weather has turned,have moved into the new kitchen,just little bits to do,so pleased to get the other one gone,done a vegie hot pot with baked dumplings for son and i last night,left overs in the freezer,never froze dumpling before so see how it turns out,have to keep pinching myself it's mine,also could not resist a PK of onions to plant,waiting for fittings to arrive,to make some matching roller blinds,a new one for me,plus a mixer cover to match,(got a pair of smaller matching curtains to cut up),still have to get more stuff unpacked for the kitchen,when i can get to them,next job for me is sort out grow bags from conservatory,son put a rad in it,and going to insulate roof,for the winter,then i can hang curtains up the whole 22 foot length,thats the plan for now,have a good day all and Bgood2yourselves
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Good morning all.
      What a busy lot you all sound.
      I feel like a fraud running off to play pitch and putt.
      Snoop, the smiles arrived early this morning.
      Snadgar, that Rockfit looks interesting.
      My sister goes to a boxercise class and loves it.
      Have fun whatever you decide.
      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Afternoon
        I didn’t get out to the charity shop washed more curtains and stripped wallpaper instead. It looks like MrPots will be doing some plastering that’s the problem with old houses you do one job and it’s turns into something larger.
        Anyway it’s tea and carrot cake time

Enjoy your afternoon.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Well the weather might have been a bit grotty but Mr GF got his flu jab done. Later we were just leaving the house to go to the "nice" garden centre when I spotted the postie in the distance. Hurrah! I ordered a new handset for the HDD box on Monday and it has eventually arrived. The old one has been driving me mad this week, progressively getting worse. Joy! Swapped the batteries over, all the buttons work first time, no problem zapping through the adverts now.
          The garden centre already has a large selection of Christmas trees and baubles but they still had a good selection of onions and garlic.

Comment

I had excitment today ... at my age and condition ! ... My Hative de Niort shallots turned up first time I've grown these for about 15 years.theyre not great keepers as theyre a soft shallot but I'm already looking forward to some homemade pickled shallots next(2022) christmas ... not had them since I left home 36 years ago

And another 2 packets of cauliflower seeds (to go with the 3 I laready have!) Dok Elgon - one my dad used to grow and Igloo that is good for closer planting and in big pots ... hmmmmmm Cauliflower Cheese
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Morning all
              A bit drizzly and 12 degs at the mo. Still quite dark too.
              Barrow Road test went reasonably well yesterday, better basic geometry than its predecessors and so far I'm pleased with it. Didn't take long before the old knee did a clunk click though so will have to work a bit more on that one.

Kettle's on so help yourselves to a Sunday brew
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Morning

Its wet and windy here so not much will get done outside apart from picking fruit and veg I need for today. I do hate going in the brassica cage in the rain though.

Make the most of your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Slept really badly last night. Had a nightmare where somebody was after me with a gun and I was trying to put bullets in a little revolver myself in the dark, (something I've no idea how to do) to save myself. I woke up in a complete panic. At 2.30 am I ended up getting up and having a glass of milk while I calmed down but I couldn't get back to sleep. I did think about waking Mr GF up so I'd somebody to talk to but common sense prevailed.
                  The weather here is atrocious at the moment, rain and thick cloud. If it stays bad I might have a baking day.

Comment

as with all the others its a bit dreich here on the mountains of Warwickshire. I don't plan on moving much today apart from reading a bit of my book and maybe a view of the Victorian Kitchen Garden DVD's. after that I might tidy the mancave up a tad more.
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

Good morning all.
                      Its dry and bright here and 16 degs.
                      We had all that heavy rain last night,
                      OH has taken the car for its MOT test this morning.
                      My grandson is coming for lunch.
                      I might get to do some bits in the garden later.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Mornin n’alln’all

nice morning here- sorry if I’m hogging it

Lovely cuppa - ta muchly Bones - perfect timing as we had crumpets for breakfast.
                        Diet starts tomorrow so they did need eating up as they had previously been frozen.

We’re putting up wool insulation today which I’m actually looking forward to. Hopefully there will be some energy/ time left to pull up an area of self seeded valerian from I front of one of our front doors. ( we have 4 doors at the front of the house!)
                        I wonder if I plant it elsewhere it’ll overwinter?

fingers crossed with the MOT bramble - there’s always a risk something shows up

Sounds like a horrible experience gf….​​​​​….hopefully it’s just a one-off .
                        (I was loading wood into a trailer last night then looking for accommodation to stay in overnight whilst it was snowing…dreams are very strange aren’t they?)

I managed to give away 2 dozen eggs yesterday so the ‘Great Normandy Egg Mountain’ is back under control

Best finish off this second brew and crack on with the insulation.
                        Enjoy your Sunday peeps ( I think I got away with NTG not seeing that welly link I posted on the other thread….shhhhh….)

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning all.

We're all of a kerfuffle here after Rary's return. Great to have you back, Rary, but the smiles are dithering about where to go. My view is that at least half of them should head back to you, so you can share them in the northern climes, and some should stay here and visit the southern realms. I'm sure I'll prevail. They're only hanging around because they're after the biscuits Mr Snoop has just given me with my latest cup of tea. Anyway, it'll mean you'll all get your smiles earlier if you're in Rary's vicinity.

All good here, apart from the cloudy weather. No rain. Just waiting for the hunters to clear off so I can carry on where I left off yesterday, tidying beds for the winter. I don't think the hunters will shoot me, but I'm not very keen on their dogs. Apart from gardening, not much on the cards except some cooking and an afternoon nap. Bliss.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

The hunters are firing away here not too Snoop.
                            Yesterday we had to keep Hibou inside all day and she wasn’t too pleased

One of the local farmers bred black pheasant a few years ago and we still see their offspring from time to time in the garden and the chestnut wood next to us.
                            Thing is., Hibou is black too and at dawn or after a few drinkies or just because of being trigger happy she could be easily mistaken for one hiding in the long grass
                            We too keep indoors when they are firing
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

^I know how you feel. We've got our two cats locked in in the bedroom and the dogs in the kitchen with me.

Comment

A late good morning all. I've been up hours, really I have, just not been online. I've made an 18th century tart for dessert today

http://bakinginfranglais.blogspot.co...tury-tart.html

but using lemon zest instead of orange, and no candied peel. I also blind baked the crust first, it's crisper that way. Made macaroons with the egg whites.

Was going to pick kale for lunch, but the rain has discouraged me so other veg from the freezer will have to do.

Have a good Sunday all.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X