X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Really sunny here, but very chilly. We too have law prints in the concrete around a fence post to make us smile. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning, cloudy but dry this morning, I actually got a couple of photos loaded using an old tablet, and when I see them I don't know why I bothered anyway as I also posted I will cover the area with wood chip which should help cover a multitude of sins.
    Will be going out today as OH wants to try a short walk outside, so have suggested an area, sheltered, flat and where we can have a coffee once finished, this will be the first she has been out for a walk for almost a year, other than doing some shopping where she has a shopping trolly t,o hold onto for support, have a good day and smile

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Well, either the clouds didn't read the weather forecast or the weather folk didn't read the clouds. They (the clouds) are here and they're not supposed to be. Today it's supposed to be jolly and bright to cheer me up because I'm off to the dentist today. In theory just for a look-see for future appointments. On the other hand, I have to go back to the UK in ten days or so, so she might decide things need doing before I go.

Yes, we have cat and dog paw prints in concrete too. They make me smile whenever I notice them because both the animals that made them have since died. Nice reminders.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Thanks for the info. Bren after reading some of it I have decided it's easier just to forget about uploading photos computers are difficult enough for me to understand, and that's before diverging into all the other programs and systems, life was so much easier when the only phone available was in a big red box out on the street

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Frost here as well but the suns burning it away as it touches, no rain today that's unless that changes.

Dogs and concrete floors our Fox terrier we had at the time walked across our new laid floor, at least he didn't roll in it like he did everything else.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Frost here and a frozen bird bath, birds have been treated and water has been broken. Showers possible with more rain tomorrow.
    Nicos I use a spray when I go to bed called sterimar and antihistamine in a morning. It has helped in the night, I use it all the time. I use it to keep my sinuses clear, that or neilmed is common and ent happt for me to use either.

I have not heard of HEIC either, just looked it up and apple have changed from using jpeg to that. A case of converting them or I read about installing a plug in. I'm not sure what you are using though.

Out today , another eye appointment for mum required drops checking the back of her eye. The road has been closed near her so trail around detour required.
    Enjoy whatever you do today.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Up early today. Hayfever I’m beginning to wonder if maybe taking my antihistamines last thing at night instead of first thing in the morning might actually help prevent having to stuff toilet paper up my nose at stupido’clock.fr. Having said that, I’ll probably end up sneezing all evening. I can see an experiment looming….

We had a light frost in the back field overnight. Fortunately nothing nearer the house - and more importantly, not near where the newly laid concrete is.
    Hibou had already walked through it yesterday which led to a very unhappy pussy cat having to have her feet washed Tis quite sweet thinking her paw marks will be there for years to come. Hidden underneath the new patio slabs, but nice to know.
    Funny thing concrete….many years ago when we had an extension built on our UK house, the builders laid a concrete pad ready for laying the stone slab for the back door step. The day they poured the concrete, a neighbour’s dog…which had never , ever even come into our driveway actually walked around the side of our house and stood on the wet concrete to peer into our kitchen yep -
    loads of mushed up footprints

So, no work for us on the patio today - just a bit of relocating of plants and then hopefully planting out the chitted spuds. All weather dependant of course.

Enjoy your day peeps - whatever you get up to.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Gosh - I’ve never heard of it before either!
    Sorry.
    Let us know how you get on please Rary
    Last edited by Nicos; Yesterday, 05:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Sorry Rary I’ve not heard of HEIC, I’ve had a search and found this site.

https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how...les-on-windows

hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Rary, with any luck Bren In Pots ​​​​​​ or Nicos will be able to help you. I know nothing about Apple devices and it looks to be a new Apple photo format. I'm guessing you'll need to convert it to another format like JPG, but how you do that I couldn't say.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon a lovely sunny day today, had to take youngest grandson to the orthodontist this morning, then drop him off at school, once we were out from the orthodontist he told me just to relax and not get stressed as he wasn't in too big a rush, so just take my time and chill, which sounded very considerate of him, till he realised he had missed his first break, which went by the name of playtime when I was at school anyway got in to school so that, as I told him he didnt miss too much schooling, I just got the feeling that his thanks wasn't too sincere once back home I prepared some cardboard boxes for putting down on the back plot, I have taken some photos but whence tried loading them I get a message that I can't upload from HEIC why do they make things so awkward every time the produce new systems, I thought computers were supposed to make life easier, or are they just trying to get more money from customers, I will spend a bit of time on this to try to understand what's required. Anyway I wish you all a pleasant afternoon and be happy

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Morning all.
    Another bright and breezy day here.
    Off to my line dancing in the next few minutes.

The long finger in our house is where a lot of things go. 😃😃

Have a good morning catch up later.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Bright and breezy here today. Busy doing nothing at the moment. I've got some tomato seedlings to prick out, decided to grow some Bush cherries at the last minute! Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Not a bad morning rain due from lunchtime onwards though, I'll be spending time in the garden till it rains.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Dull and grey here, but yippee- no rain nor wind! Nor the forecast frost.

More work on the patio today. Hopefully cutting and setting vertical pieces of old railway sleepers for part of the border.

Apart from that, I guess I need to get some paperwork sorted before it builds up again

Have a great day peeps!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X