This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Flo, morning all.

Chilly here, but looks like it should be nice and bright later on. Pockets of heavy frost about the place, not venturing out too far to inspect elsewhere.

Busy day ahead. Lots of paid work to get through, more firewood being delivered and plenty of surviving dog fussing. They're starting to get a bit anxious as to where their mum might be. So long as we make them smile a bit, that will be plenty enough smiles for the day. The others are kind of milling about, I'd say swarming if they were bees, before heading off in your directions.

Have a great day, all.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 09-11-2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Phoned the medical centre yesterday as my mum had a second NHS letter inviting her to book a booster appointment. As she is housebound she has to wait for the GP to arrange one. I held off phoning before as on the surgery recorded message it firmly says not to phone the surgery about boosters as they will be in touch with all eligible patients.

I don't know how everybody else's surgery works, but here they call up patient records by date of birth. Gave the receptionist Mum's DOB - her records are not coming up, she says. That's 1918 I say. Oh, that's why, she says, and inputs the whole number instead of the last two digits. So careless. That's why I'm fairly sure she's been missed - it happened with the 1st jab too. Makes me wonder how many other centenarians they have missed. So anyone with a relative over 100 be aware!

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        another dry and semi sunny start to the day

No plans at all today so far - loads to choose from though

Its sad watching pets concerned when one of their family is missing.
        When our horse was put down earlier this year his companion cantered around the field whinnying on and off for a couple of days - hope your pets settle soon Snoop - it’s impossible to explain isn’t it x

Yesterday I got loads of logs split along with enough starter wood to keep us going for a while- I think I could do with a calm day today!
        Just fancying wheetabix, banana and yog for breakfast…good job I’ve got them in !

Time for a brew too….

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• A very rude first awakening at 6 am. My husband was dreaming and grabbed my hand and tried to bend it the wrong way. I woke up thinking I was being attacked and screamed. He is so lucky he hasn't now got two black eyes.
          I actually feel grotty this morning, so much so that I'm thinking of postponing the care home visit until later in the week. I'm hoping that I feel better this afternoon as I 've offered to take a different in-law for his covid booster. Maybe a nice hot shower will make me feel better.

Comment

• Mornin MH….not good is it re DOB…glad you chased it up.

Back in the ‘70’s my granny was admitted to hospital and she was asked how old she was - so she gave them the last 2 digits of her DOB ( easier for her to ‘work out’)…unfortunately it was the early ‘90’s (1890’s) and everyone thought she was 90 something instead of late 70’s . Even to this day I don’t believe her treatment was as rigorous as it could have been because of the misunderstanding.
            So yes…. Even back then when things weren’t computerised things got jumbled.

Comment

• Morning

Mothhawk hopefully now your Mum will get her booster.

No plans here today either Nicos apart from Briwaxing a chair its going to be fine today so i'll do that outdoors. Then maybe a walk.

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                The day is brightening up here and its 13 degs.
                We are off down the coast with my old friends for a few days.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, out for our shopping this morning, then visited our friend, haven't visited her for three or four weeks, so she and OH had a lot to cover, even though they are on the phone to one another three times a week and ofcourse the din a lot of bletherin, one of the major differences between the sexes, women blether whereas men discus, did get some work done in the garden now have my timber wall is now retained with a stainless steel pipe which should outlast the wall and a couple of mild steel tubes. Need to go tea's ready, keep safe and smile Goodnight
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

Had a change of plan while I'd got the Briwax was out I waxed the sideboard and one of the bookcases so didn't get around to going for a walk. The only gardening was harvesting and pulling up bolting chard and spinach.

Have a good evening.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark and cold. Last one at work today, my little office at home tomorrow. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all

Nice cuppa- thanks, perfect timing

I’m awake early , and yes, it’s pitch black isn’t it!

Off out this morning to see if we can have our boosters a tad early. Hoping to have higher immunity when we head off to the uk.

I’ll let you into a little secrecy rary ( cos I knew you are good at keeping secrets)
                        ‘Woman blethering’ is a highly skilled, advanced form of communication. It takes years of fine tuning to acquire, and requires constant refinement and exposure to retain this highly complicated skill.
                        It is in fact one of the forms of secret communication which dates back thousands, if not millions , of years and it is incredibly important that this historic form of communication should not become yet another language lost to mankind.
                        Your Mrs is clearly one of the gifted few to have achieved such a high attainment in this complicated form of communication.
                        Yes, it’s a coded language created by our female ancestors to deflect attention from our male counterparts.
                        Next time she starts blethering, sit back and admire her in awe

Te he….time for an early breakfast….

Comment

• Blimey Nicos, waxing lyrical at this time in the morning?
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. It's raining here. We're off for the rescheduled care home visit this morning, so I'll do our lateral flow tests shortly. I took a brother in law for his covid booster yesterday afternoon.
                            I still can't understand why men underestimate the power of "blethering". Young girls learn the art at a young age. One of the best apprenticeships ever was to work as a Saturday girl in a local hairdresser's. I find it hard to believe that a man can listen to two or more women blethering and not realise how much information has been shared. I must say that the use of texting among the younger generation may wipe the skill out to some degree.

Comment

• Morning all.
                              I've just put a large bag out for a charity collection and now it's started to drizzle with rain so I hope I tied the top of the bag tightly enough to make it waterproof.
                              Actually, I like soft fine drizzle when there's no wind, it's quite pleasant to be out in the garden in it.

While I was gathering items for the charity bag, I also sorted out some books to sell to online book dealers. On one book I had an offer of £2.80 last week, today they will give me £3.80 for the same book. Should I hold out a little longer?
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning we have rain but its supposed to clear this afternoon

Mothhawk just out of curiosity I'd hang on to the book a bit longer, a pounds a big jump on a £2.80 item wonder if they already have a buyer for your book.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X