This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening

Its been raining here for nearly 3 hours garden looks well watered it doesn't look like its going to be stopping for a while. So hopefully my butts and trugs will be full.
    Reorganized a freezer this afternoon I didn't realise how many take out containers of roasted Tom's I'd got in there, anyway they're all bagged up now. So that's made more space.

enjoy your evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Oh joy!

RAIN!

A couple of hours ago we got a few isolated spots but then it stopped. The good thing was that the air felt fresher and cooler with a slight breeze.

Now we are actually getting a proper shower. I don't know how long it will last but it is very welcome.

Comment

• Enjoy!…and when you are done could you please send some this way?…please?..
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Thank you gf….we have drizzle! Waaaay better than nothing eh?

Today is another Mrs Mop day for me…but I do need to get more of those windfall apples cooked down and frozen when I’m done. Tis good seeing the freezers slowly filling up again

have a great day peeps …

Comment

• Good morning. I'm glad some of the rain has reached you, Nicos. It is drizzling here too now.....and I am not moaning about it.

I think I'll try and convince Mr GF that we ought to visit his relative in the care home later today.

Comment

• Morning, haven’t been on in quite a while so hope you are all well. Life gets in the way sometimes. We’ve been in England for almost 3 weeks now and can’t believe how hot and dry it’s been. The grass in the parks is like sand, even the trees are dropping their leaves! If it wasn’t for the heat you’d think it was autumn. Thankfully it rained yesterday but I suspect not enough.
              Anyhoo off for a catch up, see you later. x
              sigpic

Comment

• P.S. is there a problem with the site? Can’t seem to like posts or edit my own.
                sigpic

Comment

• Good mornig all.
                  No rain here but it's a real grey day.
                  I need to pop into town this morning for a few bits.

Jay, good to see you back.
                  No problem as far as I can see.
                  Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                    P.S. is there a problem with the site? Can’t seem to like posts or edit my own.
                    It’s probably just a glitch Jay ( we’re becoming famous for our glitches!) let us know if it continues and we’ll get Admin onto it for you.
                    Good to see you !
                    …I actually swept my front lawn today just to try and remove fallen desicated black cherries- had to stop from time to time to let the dust cloud settle
                    I feel that a couple of my lawns look like they are taking part in an experiment….’how dry can grass dry out until it doesn’t recover’ sort of experiment. It’s too painful to walk on with bare feet as it’s just too spikey.
                    This morning however we had light showers and one of the lawns turned a beautiful orange shade. It’s all evaporated now though. Pah.
                    I know what you mean about leaves falling. I really must try and collect more this year. I say that every year tbh

Comment

• Afternoon all,I had the same thing Jay,I couldn’t like posts & I couldn’t write in the box thing,I logged off cleared cookies,waited about an hour & it was normal again.
                      I went out & bought a 3.7v window vacuum the other day,I’ll try it out soon (thanks for talking about this GF,I never thought about it before,sounds great this was from screwfix 24.99) looking forward to trying it out have a lovely day!!

Comment

• ^^^^ I hope you find the window vac as good as I do Jane and I am not really a gadget person. I have such things as a mincer, juicer, pasta maker, etc, etc in the cupboard which Mr GF, a.k.a. Mr gadget man, has bought and which never see the light of day. Some things take longer to clean than it would take to do a job by hand or are just plain useless.
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 17-08-2022, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• It was a glitch Nicos thanks!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Glad it was only a glitch Jay

The smiles came back last night looking rather bedraggled . Looks like someone has had far too much than their fair share of rain.

Only a light drizzle here in the end yesterday. Our new guests had to pull off the road 20 minutes away from us yesterday because the rain was so heavy ​​​​​​. We heard the thunder from that storm.

I’m hoping to do more seed collecting today. I got a decent sized bowl of chive seeds last time for my new herb border and the same with oxeye daisies and aquilegia too. The leek heads look about ready
                            Anyone else collecting seeds?

Enjoy your day peeps - nearly weekend!

Last edited by Nicos; 18-08-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all. I have slept like a log....a practically unheard of 9 hours....just waking up once. Maybe it was the wonderfully cool temperature. I should feel tired as I was so busy in my dreams..... Shopping for gin for a birthday present, walking miles to get to a cinema that wasn't there and cooking a paella. I eventually awoke to the aroma of fresh bread 5 minutes before the timer on the breadmaker went off. Ooooh! It's better than any air freshener.

We had a dry afternoon yesterday but hopefully more rain this afternoon with the temp in the mid 20s.

Comment

• Good morning all.A rather grey start to the day but its improving.

Nicos, those bedraggled smiles spent some time here, hopefully they will dry out.
                                I am collecting tomato seeds and dahlia seeds.
                                I will collect,the sweetpea seeds nearer the end of the season.
                                They went over very quick with the hot sunny spell

Domestics today and playtime with my grandson this evening.
                                Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...