Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually pre covid it worked well as you could ring and probably get an appointment but if you turned up at 8am you got to stay and get the first appointments of the day. Also to be fair there is a seperate telephone line for requesting a home visit. But since covid and telephone triage etc the system has derailed. I bet this time I don't get a text requesting feedback!

I've just finished shortening 2 pairs of work trousers for a friend so I'll call and drop them off later.....I might even have a meander around Sainsbury's ( soft blue cheese is calling!)
    Last edited by greenishfing; 03-08-2022, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all,my oh my the talk of cooking,i done some choc cake yesterday,i have the boys for part the week for these holidays,i love having them,then love my time when they gone,they like coming to me as they they have different things to do,and is so good for me,Nicos the real fun and joy of is just starting for you ,and Jay,savoure every moment as time goes quicker than you think,Snoop you are welcome to your heat but please stay safe,i still squeaking out,but is better than the constant pain,and still have to not do to much activity,as it seems to agrivate it,,have a good and see yur laters,help yourself to choc cake
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all.
        Had my friends around for lunch today and it was great to catch up.
        Just saw them off when my grandaughter arrived.
        Just saw her off when my daughter arrived.
        Just saw her off when my son rang to ask if I could collect grandon from creche,
        He has just called and picked up grandson and now they are all gone home.

I gave up baking cakes and fancies when I started to put on weight.
        I gave all my cake tins to my grandaughter who makes good use of them,

Lotty, glad to hear your pain us easing.

Nicos and Snoop, be careful in that heat,

Hvea good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

Day started of with rain so my water butts were topped up a good start to the day.

GF what a frustrating time just to get a phone appointment, it should make it better in the future with those in person appointments so long as not to many find out about them.

Enjoy your evening.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hi All,
            Nicos & Snoop Puss - I have one meal a day, limit myself to two biscuits with a tea usually, my sugars are quite good now compared to what they used to be. For all I know I could have had it for longer as I used to have very active jobs up until a work accident 20-Yr's ago.

While quite possibly my work kept my rather larger frame stable it never affected me health wise as I have always been a physical worker. I fear I more than likely missed the signs just like so many others who do and will likewise and I always tell people to get a test. You don't have to be a biffer like me to have diabetes it's the controlling it that is the Bain for many sufferers.

Still it is what it is, apart from that everything is good at the moment...

Geoff.
            Last edited by 1batfastard; 03-08-2022, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              A definite reduction in the temperature as it is just 14 degs this morning.
              No plans for the day other than a walk and a trip to th library,
              looking after my grandson this evening.
              Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop for me earlier it was my time out in 14 days

Really glad we’d got a stock in the freezer and a milkman. The freezers are looking a bit low so we’ll have to batch cook and get baking.

​​​​​​​enjoy your afternoon

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Not my most productive day so far. Tied up half the tomatoes (cut off loads of rather extended side shoots and one that had over a dozen well formed toms on it but I just couldn't find anywhere to tie it to) and that's about it. The smiles were keeping me company, but we all spotted another European hornet so shot off in a hurry. We seem to have lots of these hornets this year. Fortunately, this one wasn't in the least bit bothered by me so I just carried on. The smiles would have been with you hours ago at the rate they were going.

While I was tying the toms up, a man came down from the village to see Mr Snoop. He asked how my toms were doing. Not bad, actually. I've had to throw out more than most years due to Tuta absoluta caterpillars. That's due to the hornets, which are taking the spiders, which are thus not catching the moths in their webs. But the caterpillars are trivial compared to the problems faced by folk in the village, who have lost all their toms and more due to the heat. This is a disaster for them, as people get by largely by not needing to spend much money. This year, the cold early on put paid to any olive or almond harvest. So no income for the farmers to speak of, and a lot more outgoings. It's going to be a very hard year. My brassicas are useless due to the heat, but this is as nothing compared to their difficulties.

Got some bread on the go again. Trying a different approach with the machine and it is the most elastic dough I've ever made for this recipe. Fingers crossed the loaves are OK.

Glad you've got a regime that suits you, Geoff. It's a difficult disease to manage.

Better get some work done before the day has gone. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• I had to take Mr GF to the local hospital this morning for a 24 hour ambulatory heart monitor fitting. Parking there, apart from during the worst of covid, is always a nightmare but they have now surpassed themselves by digging up two of the car parks nearest to the main entrance and A & E entrance. I don't suppose they are going to ever consider the logistics for their patients, many of whom are ill or disabled, either temporarily or permanently, and now have to struggle a much greater distance to actually get inside. I don't suppose that they will build an underground or surface multi storey on either of these sites either or have mini buses travelling around the far reaches of the car parks helping the strugglers...... but you never know, maybe they will surprise me......

Tomorrow I have to take the monitor back between 7.30am and 9am. Hopefully at that hour it will be easier to park.

I called to pick up a prescription for Mr GF on the way home.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Did a grory hop then popped into wilk0s for some garden lime to add to the compost dalek plus some bicarb of soda for cleaning purposes. My bro came to visit around midday, so a pleasant hour's chat with him and gave him a packet of cyclamen seeds I'd gathered for him to scatter in his garden.

I know what you mean about hospital car parks, GF. The one in Leicester has an entrance barrier. so when it was full it was one out, one in, and the queue from about 9.30am always stretched right back along the road and sometimes round the corner into the adjoining road. You had to plan to be in the queue at least 45 minutes and often it was longer.

They finally closed the car park a few years ago for a whole year while they built a multi-storey in its place and the difference was instant - no more queuing at all. My other local hospital has a sprawling spread out car park and you have to drive round and round to find a space.
                      Last edited by mothhawk; 04-08-2022, 12:32 PM.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Just a quick pop into say hi and a scan of posts.
                        Much cooler here today… 27C , yesterday was 33C but we are parked in the corner of a field surrounded by hedges and overhanging trees and there is a lovely breeze.

Poor internet but enough to catch wattsApps and emails from time to time.

My lucky ‘penny’ worked a treat- I got an email this morning saying Ernie has a gift for me!…yippee! Doesn't happen very often.

Right….best crack on….loads of absolutely nothing to do interspersed with reading and a nice brew.
                        Anyone fancy a brew?…..no biccies or cake I’m afraid though.

See you all later- enjoy the rest of your day.
                        Last edited by Nicos; 04-08-2022, 01:36 PM.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, it looks like we all suffer from lack of hospital parking not sure if it will ever be addressed.
                          Shopping went of fine I got the Cider vinegar for my pickles and sugar for jams so I'm all set.

enjoy your afternoon.

Comment

• Good evening all,
                            Got my second booster shotcthis afternoon.
                            Picked up my grandson from creche and spent a bit of time in the park.
                            Decided tomintr9duce him to Dr Seuss and read him The Cat in the Hat.
                            I think I enjoyed it more than he did.
                            Didnt get much time to do anything more.

Nicos, your camping trip sounds very relaxing.

Our nearest hospital has a multi storey car park and a bus that goes right up to the door,, so we are lucky

Have a good evening all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope Ernie is feeling generous, Nicos. I didn't know he sent out emails. I've had a premium bond, supposedly, ever since I was born. Supposedly because my mum put it in a drawer, later joined by my brothers' premium bonds, and they've never been seen since. Don't think I'd want to know if I'd been given a big pay-out but couldn't claim as it was too late...

Anyway, all good here. The solar pump is filling a barrel very slowly. Mustn't forget about it though, as it'll speed up now the sun's properly up.

The smiles left a while back, though a bit later than usual. It's a bit cooler at the moment than yesterday, so they've been going round playing with all the bees in the weeds that are now flowering (). Good for the bees and smiles but I'll be sorry next year.

Busy day ahead. Mr Snoop is in town setting up the decorations for a fiesta lady-in-waiting that he painted for her. The fiestas aren't till the middle of the month but apparently the queen and her retinue's decorations have to go up now. They'll all be ruined if there's a downpour between now and then. Mr Snoop is a bit miffed, as there's a strong likelihood of that happening. He went to some effort, so fingers crossed it's all OK.

Right, on with the show. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Mornin Snoopn’alln’all;D

Back home - lovely bed

I’ve not yet checked my winnings but did check Snoop that there is no time limit fir claiming prizes!
                                https://www.nsandi.com/help/lost-tou...claimed-prizes

I know that my OH wrote to them many years ago giving details of the addresses where he grew up and they managed to find a bond he didn’t know about. Only £1 mind …but it could have been a mega prize winner!
                                Deffo worth your while checking it out. Oooooo….just think….you could be a multimillionaire and not aware if it!

Infact everyone should check it out- you never know!

Cooler and cloudier here too. Yesterday we noticed on the 90 minute drive back ooop norf how the grass verges and hedgerows were a tad more green than where we’d been staying.
                                Water restrictions have been upgraded - I need to check them out.
                                We can’t do much more than we already are to restrict our water usage.
                                Thank goodness you have your well snoop! I should drop a stone down ours, although I’d be surprised if we heard a splash.

Weeding today, and deadheading- most therapeutic
                                Anyone got fun plans for the weekend? My son has said he’s off to a large steam rally . Don’t seem to have those here - if do, they’re not well advertised.
                                I’m fancying going to a Vide Grenier but sadly there aren’t any nearby on Sunday. Oh well…can’t ‘waste’ any money then eh?
                                Jam jars aren’t a waste of money though are they…can’t have too many jam jars!!!!!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X