This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Snoop I kept losing recipes i liked from 'cooking tonight' so you're right I do add them to my vine blog, I might as well use it for something.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Morning
      Snoop I kept losing recipes i liked from 'cooking tonight' so you're right I do add them to my vine blog, I might as well use it for something.
      Grand. I've posted the recipe on the cooking tonight thread with my alterations (less sugar, more coconut) and slight changes method, with additional comments. Not available online I'm afraid. Seeing as I've tweaked it and renamed it, I don't think it should be a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Grand. I've posted the recipe on the cooking tonight thread with my alterations (less sugar, more coconut) and slight changes method, with additional comments. Not available online I'm afraid. Seeing as I've tweaked it and renamed it, I don't think it should be a problem.
        Great, and knowing how I "lose" recipes I've now taken screenshots of it and it is in the recipe file in gallery on my phone.

Comment

• Afternoon peeps!
          After a quick grory hop and a visit to the recycling bins I’ve managed to do a fair bit of gardening. Lots of deadheading and I now stink of geraniums. I was going to say “pew…..I hate the smell”- then had to look up how to spell it!
          Take your pick!!!!! ““pue,” “peuh,” “peugh,” “pyoo,” “pu” and “pew.” I quite like the pyoo version. How would you spell it?

Now then, I’m hoping we all have some good luck as I’m more than willing to share…..

When we were packing everything away when camping , I thought I’d trodden on a hornet oh boy did my foot hurt. Hopping around I was looking for a squashed insect or a scorpion or something ( never seen one around here!) or something hanging off my instep…..ouchy ouch didn’t even come near the amount of searing pain
          Anyway after the pain started subsiding , I noticed a cm sized red mark on my foot….I stopped hopping around and really carefully
          checked in the grass. Snake bite? I had no idea what could hurt that much.
          Guess what I found?
          A one cent coin which had been super heated by the sun . Yup - It had actually burnt my foot.
          So….remembering the phrase “ See a penny , pick it up, and all the day you’ll have some luck “….so I put it in the camper as my lucky ‘penny’
          Well…fingers crossed we can all share in the good luck for the near future eh?

Thought that might either bore you to death or cause a chuckle

Right - best get on , lots to do. Enjoy the rest of the day peeps.

Last edited by Nicos; 31-07-2022, 04:24 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, I've sent time in the garden doing odd bits that have been neglected, not caught up yet but its a start.
            I liked your 'bite' story Nicos.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Ouch, ouch, ouch, Nicos. Hope you get the compensatory good luck.

Comment

• Nicos,,I am chuckling...Bet you were glad it was only a coin..😃

Nothing much to report here.
                Weathet was average but, because we had so much rin last night everything looked so much fresher.

Its 61 year today since me and hubby met so anice family eveningl
                Have a goodnight all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Congratulations, Mrs and Mr Bramble. Couldn't call you that if you'd never met. Definitely a day worth celebrating.

Comment

• Morning all.

I've just checked the weather. Another very hot week ahead with what they call 'tropical' nights here. Overnight lows of 23 and 24 ºC forecast for the next ten to twelve days. That's no fun, especially for such a long time. Anyway, only a couple of months and I'll be thinking about lighting our little range for an hour or so of an evening.

Supposedly we're back on the weekday diet today. Didn't last long. 'Shall we have a biscuit?' says Mr Snoop as I hand him his morning cup of tea. My concession was I had one with just three chocolate drops on... Talk about playing tricks and mind games on yourself.

Anyway, am about to go and water. I shall consult Mr Snoop on using the strimmer in these conditions, but there is a bit of dew about, so should be OK. Shame I didn't do it ten days ago before all the weeds set seeds. But no time even to sleep properly then. Ah well. At least the bees enjoyed the flowers.

Got some work to do this week, but not so much as to leave me feeling stressed out. The smiles were pleased for me and set off to check the scent of the melons before heading your way.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin Snoopn’all n’alln’all

such a dull and grey start to the day , but humid and warm. Quite a contrast to you snoop. I’ve not checked on our long range weather forecast yet but at least it looks like gardening is a possibility thus afternoon when all the paid jobs are out of the way.

We had a lovely start to the day - chatting with our little granddaughter who is already 17 months old . Boy where does time go?
                      Her vocabulary has suddenly expanded and we actually had more of a conversation than previously. She showed us all her toes so we could tickle them , then showed us her new back teeth, then asked to see Hibou “cat” so she could stroke her , then hugged herself and blew kisses and waved when we said goodbye. Aww. So sweet.
                      I’m sure the smiles must have been helping share those kisses and hugs . So uplifting.

Right - best get my Mrs Mop hat on….​​​​​​….enjoy your day peeps
                      See you later!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        We had sunshine earlier but it has gone dull now.
                        The forecast says rain this afternoon, we shall see.
                        We are going to the park and then to a car boot sale.

Nicos, your grandaughter sounds adorable.
                        Where does the time go.

Snoop, I dont know how you live in that heat, It must b difficult to sleep at night.
                        I don't blame you for eating your lovely biscuits. Homemade are so tempting.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• * just popping in to see if Snoop accidentally left a few of those biccies next to the kettle……

Comment

• Hi All,
                            Well that was a quick way to waste £23.80 just to look at the tooth then tell me it'll need a longer appointment than he had time for today ? ? ? What get's me I said it was the tooth he told me I need out or crowned when making the appointment ' Money for old rope ' comes to mind, back again next Wed tooth out....

Apart from that everything else tickety boo!! As for a cookie recipe I don't think you can go far wrong with the old Be-Ro book recipe my mother used to use it all the time for loads of recipe's and everything very tasty I must say.

Geoff.

Comment

• Hi All,
                              Nicos - Cookies/Biccies what ever you like to call them they really are the devils food as a famous youtuber likes to call sweetcorn.

I am diabetic and I had two Rich tea the other morning and my sugar shot up from 5 - 8.9. It just shows how much of that goes into even what are considered biscuits with a lower sugar content, my devils food are shortbread sugar goes through the roof if I have a couple of those boys but god they are my favourite.....

Geoff.
                              Last edited by 1batfastard; 03-08-2022, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Must be frustrating Geoff
                                I have weeks when I do very strict dieting of 800 calories a day ( the fast 800) when you are looking for recipes which are filling but low calorie it really gives you a bit of a shock when you see how much sugar ( amongst other high calorie ingredients )goes into some foods. Eating just one biccie becomes a total luxury sometimes!
                                And yes….all butter shortbread…mmmmmm….. Best of all lightly dunked into a mug of tea….mmmm….

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X