This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Quick whizz in and out this morning, but thought I'd drop in, say hello.

Enjoy the smiles, everyone, and have a great day.

Comment

• Good morning all,was so hot last night,i got out of bed and got a cold bottle,so much better,bet you forgot about that one again Nicos,washing in,and watering done plus breakfasted,had a call about my cateract,a letter on its way,about a pre asesement for the middle of sept,so something to look forwards to ,the smiles arrived early on Snoop,they in great form,anyhow Bgood2yourselves and stay safe
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I’m struggling with internet at the moment but I’ll post when I can - promise!

How I envy those of you who can sing. I used to love singing but just can’t hit a note..
        always flat. I think/ know I’d kill off plants if I tried to sing to them. Now talking…..that’s a different matter altogether OH says I could talk the hind legs off a donkey when I get going. Maybe that’s why we have so few donkeys around here?

I did a major grory hop yesterday evening. I usually go at lunchtime but OH was working for a couple of hours near the main shops so , to save petrol and hoping for cooler temperatures, I dropped him off. It was 30C here driving home at 8pm goodness knows what temperature it was earlier!

Quiet day for me I think - that’ll make a nice change!

Enjoy your day peeps - I’m thinking it might be nice to get the fire pit lit this evening and star gaze…you’re welcome to join us.

Slap that suncream on folks!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hot and sticky again here. I'm on the phone in a bloody queue at the moment. I just wonder if the companies who use these annoying queueing systems realise how much ill will they cause among their clients. I have been queuing for more than a quarter of an hour so far and I want to scream.

It's supposed to be a bit cooler here today but it certainly doesn't seem it. I think a good thunderstorm would clear the air.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 12-07-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.

Woke up to rain this morning but it's gone now.
            It's extremely humid though.
            Home from my line dancing and now out to the garden,
            My husband decided to paint all the garden ornaments the grandkids have bought him over the years,
            It has given him something to do as all his hobbies are computer based and too hot to be indoors.lHave a good afternoon all.

Snoop, do you still do the wordle and the waffle puzzle?

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon it’s cooler here today not much but it’s appreciated we even had a few spots of rain mid morning.

No gardening yet today been doing house things instead.

enjoy your afternoon
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                Snoop, do you still do the wordle and the waffle puzzle?
                Yes, and Quordle. They're a bit addictive. How are you getting on with them? I went through a frustrating phase with the Waffle game but am getting on with it OK now. How about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Yes, and Quordle. They're a bit addictive. How are you getting on with them? I went through a frustrating phase with the Waffle game but am getting on with it OK now. How about you?
                  Yes, I love doing them. A bit hit and miss by times but getting better at them.
                  My sister does them every day as well and posts the results on Facebook.
                  I think there is a little bit of competitiveness going on though neither of us says so.
                  I do love puzzles though and will give the Quardle a try.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I do them too. A while ago after I'd done the Waffle, it gave me a 7 letter one to try. Needless to say, I ran out of moves before I completed it. I love when I manage to do waffle with 5 moves left as the rainbow colours keep going and don't stop.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post

Yes, I love doing them. A bit hit and miss by times but getting better at them.
                      My sister does them every day as well and posts the results on Facebook.
                      I think there is a little bit of competitiveness going on though neither of us says so.
                      I do love puzzles though and will give the Quardle a try.
                      Yes, definitely a bit of competition among my FB friends that share their Wordle results. I don't. Mind you, I might if I got it consistently right in only a few goes. Mr Snoop says getting it in two is just a matter of luck. And of course he's right, except when I manage it (not very often at all), when it's clearly a matter of skill and a large vocabulary!

I hadn't noticed the rainbow colours going on, mothhawk. Mind you, I do like the little messages at the end. Set me up for the rest of the day!

Comment

• Morning all.

Well, I'm going to be sorry in about ten minutes that I've dithered around the house rather than getting up and going straight out and doing the watering. It's hot, hot, hot already out there.The smiles were far more sensible and left very promptly.

Another mad day today, but feeling a bit more under control. Might even get to do some proper gardening this weekend. The toms plants I didn't tie up the other day look like they could be waving to others in the next village.

Right, better get on with it. Have a great day everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop Tom plants are sneaky I check mine every day pinching out armpits then suddenly I find one 5 to 6 inch long how could I have missed that. I've rooted a couple then potted them up, not sure why its not like I need more tom plants.

Enjoy your day.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

OH good grief …it’s already 33C and absolutely no breeze/air.
                            Deffo indoor stuff today.
                            Shutters closed and north facing windows slightly ajar for a through draught . Every little helps. We have fans but I’m determined not to need to use them during the day.

Keep cool peeps - and hydrated xx
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.lA beautiful sunny day here.
                              Unfortunately I will be stuck in the hairdressers for a few hours.
                              My hair is the colour of straw so need to get some lis lights to tone it down,
                              Afternoon in the garden hopefully..
                              Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• afternoon all,it is cooler inside thank goodness,am baking cakes,bit of sewing,watered earlier on,one day,i am going to have to vacume,the good ting is,just me in the place,is not bad,mainly family are out in the concervatory/family space,they can come in the back way,and no need to remove shoes,much easier,if some want the lounge or bathroom,they remove shoes automatic,even the little ones,i got em trained ,stay safe out this heat ,i personally do not use sun cream,it only makes me hoter,easier to keep out the sun for me
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X