This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

LD, you have a very loving family. I reckon the smiles are going to be swirling round you today.

As for here, up a bit later than usual. It's going to be a stinker of a day here by the feel of it. Fortunately got everything done outside before the sun started to get too hot. Now just need to let the solar pump gradually top up the barrels and I'll be all right for tomorrow.

Got loads to do today. As per. So better get on with it. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Spent some time in the garden earlier feeding my cucs, courgettes and toms before it gets to hot out there. Only watering was some lettuce and radish seedlings.
      Then back indoors for bacon eggs mushrooms on a sourdough oatcake.

Enjoy your carboot LD I've not been to one for ages...Do love browsing around charity shops though.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good mornig all. No wall to wall sunshine but broken cloud and warm.
        All the greenhouse plants watered,
        Bacon, egg and mushrooms for breakfast as it's the weekend.
        Off to church shortly and then grandson is coming for lunch
        Plans for the rest of the day still not finalised.

Lottie gave a lovely day, its been years since I was at a car boot sale.

Happy Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Car boot sale lottie?…fantastic!…hands up here as another lover of rummaging through other people’s cast offs!

I fancied going to one today but there are no decent ones nearby. They are a big thing here on a Sunday in the summer.
          I manage to get my jam jars that way at about 10p each. New lids from the shops 50p - total 60p. Brand new ones are over £1 and every little helps as they say!

When we first came here there were loads of stalls selling old ‘stuff’ which are now viewed as antiques but are now hard to spot.
          It seems mostly childrens clothes and plastic toys are taking over the stalls. Better than being sent to the tip though.
          Ooo…plants!!!!! Bet you’ll find at least a couple of stalls selling plants!

Enjoy yourself lottie!

Domestics done for the day…it’s hotting up here . We’ve been forecast 44C next Sunday . I really hope they are wrong.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

After reading the last few posts I really fancy going to a car boot sale. I haven't been to one since well before covid started and after a bit of searching I've discovered that one of the ones that used to be a favourite is on next week. I've just announced to Mr GF that I intend to go next Sunday. As he says it will definitely rain next Sunday now! I love that little frisson of excitement of not knowing what unexpected "treasure" I might discover.

I am hiding from the sun at the moment.

Comment

• Hi all am back,i really enjoyed myself thank you ladies,it ended up with 4 generations again,is so nice,got some things i needed as well as a a long gentle walk,and i braved it and went out in one of my new playsuits,i felt lovely and cool,am having a rest now,then it's back in my sewing den,there was 1 stall with plants on,but never looked,as i got enough to do ,by ek it is realy hot now,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

I chivvied the smiles out most unceremoniously this morning. I'm in a right hurry to get things done and didn't want them tripping me up as I did a Formula-1 whizz round some of the veg patch. The rest will have to wait till this evening, perhaps even tomorrow morning. Anyway, the smiles are long gone, so should be with you very early this morning.

Absolutely masses and masses to do today. Got a lot done yesterday but still more today. Roll on Thursday, when life will almost be normal.

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Snoop, the smiles came by some time ago, I could hear them chattering away.

Nice sunny start to the day here.
                  No plans but it wont be anything too strenuous as it's too warm for that.
                  Have a good day whatever you're up to,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,the smiles were indeed chatty earlier on,so hot out there,back from choir practice,some lunch then school run,and sewing in between,keep safe out the sun
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• How's the choir going, LD? What kinds of things do you sing?

Comment

• Afternoon all,Snoop i enjoy it,is mostly songs from the shows,old hat stuff,peeps are nice and friendly,my voice is not yet back to how it was,i struggle with the high ones,plus the diaphram is stil slugish,it is slow but i am trying to be confident,i am a soprano,been a lotta years since i did it,
                        wow the heat this afto,the school run not nice,another 1 tommorow,so no sewing done yet today,

Comment

• I used to sing in a choir, had a decent voice at one stage. Not now. But I really did enjoy singing in a choir. Nice to do something together with other people.They have a choir in our village, but as I can't guarantee I can go to the practice sessions in winter due to the weather, or even the actual events for that matter, I've decided it's better not to join. Plenty of studies showing that singing promotes healthy minds and hearts, so keeps dementia at bay and helps you to live a longer and healthier life. Maybe I should start singing to my vegetables.

Comment

• i love singing,it brings iut the happis,a good idea singing to your veggies,do not forget the fruits as well,i dare not go out and sing in my garden,a bit to close for the neighbours,i have been known to give it a go late at night in bed,when my mind will not rest,dam what time it is,i am detatched ,you go forth and enjoy yourself lass

Comment

• Evening all.

Phew! it's been too hot to do anything much today. I even went without my usual walk because by 9am it was already 23C. The gauge hit 33C in the shade this afternoon. Is this really an English summer? I used to love early morning walks (I'm talking 4am walks) but can't any more as I have to be at home to help my mum get up in the morning and there's no telling what time she decides to rise. Sometimes it's 5am, then another day she may sleep till 9am if she had a bad night.

Made a jar of carrot and onion pickle to go with salads (basically grated carrot and thin sliced onion with a dash of orange zest and juice in spiced cider vinegar), nice and refreshing. It probably wouldn't keep, but then it doesn't get the chance to, never lasts the whole week.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Just arrived home from a stroll it’s been to hot before to enjoy being out and about, It’s perfect just now for sitting outside.

enjoy your evening.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X