X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all;D

Had to look up Octonauts bramble !…..glad the party was a success

My Pizza lunch was a success too!…and even the sun came out to join us.

Back onto the diet again… but upping the calories a tad as 800 was very emotionally demanding tbh.

Domestics followed by gardening today and, as it looks like we’re in for a few nice sunny days, we might pop up the gazebo type shelter at the bottom of the field. Fingers crossed the mice haven’t been munching it!

must be time for another brew?…I’ll pop that kettle on…
    Last edited by Nicos; 04-07-2022, 07:23 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Congrats on your weight loss Nicos

No little ones in our family Bramble so I also had t look up Octonauts glad the party was a success and belated birthday wishes to your grandson xx

Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Finished the usual morning routine - feed and walk the dogs and a quick round of the veg patch with my watering can. But with one difference. I got up a wee bit earlier today and so got to the squash patch earlier than yesterday. Yesterday, there wasn't a single grain of pollen in the male flowers to hand pollinate the females. And this morning I discovered why. Bees. The flowers were absolutely heaving with bees, all covered in yellow. They must have cleaned them out yesterday before I arrived. With any luck, they did a bit of natural pollinating. But oddly, as far as I could see today, they much prefer the male flowers. It's the same with the melons: the bees take one look in the female flowers and turn tail. So I'm afraid I deprived the bees of some of the male squash flowers and pollinated the ladies myself.

That's really good going, Nicos, a stone in three weeks. Congratulations. Taken me near enough three months! Glad you had a lovely time, Bramble.

Right, on with the show. The smiles didn't come round the veg patch this morning, as they weren't expecting a bee display. So they should be with you very soon.

Have a great day, everyone.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 04-07-2022, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Another dull morning here, we have been having a really bad run of dull weather.
          No plans for the day so taking it as it comes.
          Greenhouse plants fed and watered so off out to the park.

Nicos, that's a great weight loss, you have a strong will.
          Have a good day all and enjoy the sunshine those who have it.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,another here had to look up astro whatsit,Snoop needs must with the pollen,i hardly seen any so far,this year is so weird
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening,

Hope we are all well. I know I've not posted on here in a few years but I am still lurking in the background. Still not got my own house yet with a garden. I am missing growing!!! Found out today that I am 2nd on a waiting list for a plot, fingers crossed I get one soon.

Have a lovely everning
              Carrie

Comment

• Good to see you Carrie

2nd on the waiting list?…ooo…exciting!
                Fingers crossed for you.
                let us know how you get on. You know what a nosy lot we are!

Comment

• Good to see you again Carrie, has it really been a few years? Hopefully have your plot soon, fingers crossed for you!

Evening everyone, Hope you are all well. How’s your weather? Ours is dreadful, more like autumn than summer, lots of rain too. Went for a run to a nearby town on Saturday. Left here in sunshine and quite warm so wore a blazer…ended up having to buy a rain jacket as the weather was awful!

Anyhoo that’s my rant for the night. Off for a quick catch up. See you all later. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Not seen Snadge for a while - hope he’s ok too.
                    Snadge is on the dark side and all seems well with him!

Often think of Flo and rary, hope you are both back soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

• evening all,hi Carrie good to see you back on,hope you not have to wait to long for the new plot,lets hope is in time for a good start next year at the latest,hi Jay ,night night all sleep tight
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Night lottie, see you tomorrow! x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Up early to get a bit of paid work out the way. But the sun is now well and truly up, so it's dog and veg patch time. See if I can beat the bees again.

Good to know Snadger's doing well. Thanks Jay22. I visited a long time ago now, but felt a bit daft posting similar stuff twice, so stopped.

Right, absolutely masses to do today so really must get a move on. The smiles will have to sort themselves out today, but they've got a routine so I'm sure they'll be off and away shortly.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

Good to see you, Carrie, fingers crossed the plot comes this summer!

Still fairly cool here, must go and water all the pots - after a brew, of course
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Day started out sunny but now its dull, never mind at least its not raining.

Good to see you Carrie and fingers crossed you soon get a plot.

I'm getting ready for new trainers so thats my mission for today.

enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another lovely day ahead with a refreshing breeze,

Think I’ll get the jam making out of the way before it gets too hot.
                                Might even nip out in the camper later on…it could do with a trip out for a few hours!

Speaking of campers - Glad to hear Snadge is OK.

Right….surely it must be time for another brew?
                                Last edited by Nicos; 05-07-2022, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X