This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

We had an early start to the day - a delivery of oil for the central heating. It was a heart stopping moment when the guy told us how much the top up was costing us
    At the moment it’s just heating the water so we’re hardly using any.
    I think it will be prudent to buy some more thermals before everyone else decides to do so.

More gardening for me today.
    I did have the option of going with my OH to take my car to the main dealers as it’s had a recall to have the driver’s airbag replaced. Apparently some have been inflating at random
    I’d rather not just hang around for an hour whilst they work on it, although I guess my OH will enjoy looking at the new cars in the showroom.

Best crack on then - loads of ‘stuff’ to get on with
    Last edited by Nicos; 28-06-2022, 08:45 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• That reminds me: I must call our usual man about firewood for the winter. Apparently he's got some just the right size for us this year and that's not easy to find. Price has gone up, mind. But I guess it's costing him more to process it, so only fair.

Comment

• Yeh- we too should get more ordered - I’m planning on using the wood stove more this winter.

We keep most of our wood on a small bit of land we own a few hundred metres away from the house.
        It’s a good place to leave it to season but I’m concerned now that with prices going up so much that it’s up for grabs by anyone dishonest.
        The gate is padlocked and fitted so it can’t be removed so we do have some security there.
        Sad to have to consider this isn’t it?

Comment

• Afternoon

I'm back using my PC again it took a bit longer to get the room back to normal. I have to be really careful posting with my kindle fire it seems to have a mind of its own with regards to spelling and what words I end up with, its much easier touch-typing with the PC at a desk.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
            It rained for the first half of the day.
            Very breezy this afternoon but managed some time in the garden.
            I have a really good crop of tomatoes this year but they are all still green.
            I am wondering if I should take some of the foliage off.
            Any advice welcome.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I hope that life here will return to normal now!

I know that there has been some deep subconscious dread that something bad health wise was going to happen with Mr GF, and it did, and after nearly 13 hours in A & E all is (hopefully) resolved happily.

I am so, so shattered. I drove him to A & E before 4am today. We were warned about the horrific waiting times but sometimes needs must.

Despite the horrific wait and ultra uncomfortable seating the staff were first rate. Mr GF would have happily signed himself out and gone home as soon as he started to feel a little better but I refused to take him home. End result: after numerous tests and a couple of ECGs his fears have been allayed and life can return to "our normal".

Comment

• Glad to hear all is well GF…what a worrying time for you both. Big hugs. x
                sigpic

Comment

• These situations are always really worrying. Glad A&E put his mind at ease. Mr Snoop only has to make a funny face and I'm on his case, whether he's alright, etc.

Bet you'll be glad of a good night's sleep tonight.

I like the idea of 'our normal'. We have one of those too.

Comment

• Gosh gf…you must be exhausted! What a long stressful day for you both

Glad though that things are sorted/reassured. You can never be too careful when it comes to the health of a loved one.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Cloud and drizzle - quite refreshing tbh

Not got any specific plans for today but I would at least like to do a bit more work on that border I was clearing the other day.
                      Jam making is also calling so now it’s a bit cooler that’s quite a possibility.
                      Hmmm…blackcurrant, red currant and cherry picking is also needed in the next few days.

I think today is going to be one of those pin ball days where I bounce from one job to another depending on the weather, OH’s plans and what I’m in the mood to do. I like these ‘pottering’ days.

First things first though…deffo time for a brew!

Comment

• Morning

GF that was a stressful day for you both good to hear MR GF is ok. xx

Talking of fruit I've found a tub of blackberries from last year in the freezer will have to think of ideas to use them, the new crop will be here soon.

Enjoy your day
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all,been up since crazy o clock,had the colick,ok now,i am about asleep again,at least i got some odd jobs done,plus the vacume keeps giving me the evil eye,it needs a run out,GF what a time you had,so pleased life has returned to your norm again,have a lovely day everyone,is time for this birds nap
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all. I must have been shattered. I have just slept for ten hours. Practically unheard of. One of the weird things about over 12 hours in A & E surrounded for much of the time by the same group of people dressed in a peculiar array of part clothes and dressing gowns and night wear was was that for a lot of the time we all actually talked. It was only afterwards that I realised that the reason was the diabolical mobile signal in there. Nobody had their phone at the end of their arm permanently. Instead of patients sneaking out for a cigarette like in the "old days" they were popping outside to send their texts and make calls to family. I could have had a horrific parking fine, but I didn't due to the nicest parking attendant in the world. He restored my faith in human nature.

It has rained overnight, but I don't know how much. Hopefully we'll get a bit more later today.

Mr GF has got a face to face appointment this afternoon with his hearing aids to hopefully stop one of then whistling and driving me insane.

Thank you all for your kind words.
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 29-06-2022, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Glad you're doing OK, GF.

I could do with going back for a nap too, LD. Up and at it early - done a bit of weeding and watered most of the patch (seep hose doing the rest), spread a bit of feed about for the plants, admired the lady flowers appearing on the squash plants, counted the melons for the umpteenth time, fed, walked and watered the dogs so far - and now I'm ready for a good lie-down. Not likely though, as I've got a ton of work to get through.

Better make a caff (as opposed to decaff) coffee, then. I'll put a big pot on and you can help yourselves.

No idea when the smiles left. I think the dogs woke them up very early. The dogs definitely know the best part of the day is early on. A bit irritating, but they're only being sensible. The black one especially doesn't like being out in the sun. Anyway, I hope the smiles find you all on good form.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Snoop you have just reminded me I need to go buy some decaffeinated teabags for Mr GF (on Dr's recommendation). Anyone got any recommendations for a tasty one?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X