Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone,what a warm one again,did the school run with daughter inlaw,i will be doing it to help out 2 days a week for a short time,i was taken to Merryhill shopping centre late teatime,we had our tea out ,what a nice change,got some lovely dresses and swimware for my holidays,got home just after 8,,30 this evening i am shattered with this heat,Snoop moles apparently are a big menace,we know a body that has them,no baking today,no time and to darn hot,but i did see the smiles fluttering around earlier on,i need to get myself a nice cool drink now,bed time is almost here night night,don't forget your cold bottle and a sheet phewis hot
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Well, that was a chilly night. 12.5 ºC in our stone-walled corral. Haven't been out to look at the more exposed plants yet. Fingers crossed. The melons and squash were looking great yesterday. Going to be even colder the next few nights... The dogs are really enjoying the change in conditions. I've put on a jumper and am thinking of going and changing out of my shorts into some long trousers.

The smiles left in a proper hurry, fluttering energetically in a bid to stay warm. They're probably with you already, or at least at Nicos's, they were going so fast.

Massively busy day today. Barely time to water, but I must. Better go and inspect the mole damage. I can see from the house they've buried my seep hose in one of the beds.

Where you off to on holiday, LD?

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

More cloud in the sky this morning, so hopefully it will be a bit cooler, 30C is too much for me! Some of your cooler air must be coming our way Snoop. Grory hop this morning, and I'll pop into the GC to pick up a bag of compost for potting on sweet william seedlings. I'd plant them out, except I shall forget what they are and yank them out as weeds I already did that with a couple of cosmos that were among the nigella I was clearing.

Saw a marbled white butterfly yesterday for the very first time, when I was out round the local nature walk. Lots of other butterflies about too, and what I think may be a cabbage white chrysalis is stuck to my back door. I saw the caterpillar there and moved it to a nearby plant, but next day the caterpillar was back, and the day after, had turned to a chrysalis. I shall have to move it or the window cleaner will wash it away.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Another hot and sunny day here laundry is out on the lines and I'm of to do a Grory hop next.

Luckily no squirrels only seen 2 come into our garden in the nearly 40 years we've been here do get the odd rat though.

best get on enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Last night our internet dropped …and then the storms arrived. Had a great lightning display and the thunder shook the house. Then the rains came….near enough all night.
            Everywhere is sopping wet . Smells lovely!
            Not sure if the smiles passed overhead this morning….I suspect, if they have any sense , they will have made a detour away from our storms.

So today will be more indoor ‘stuff’ until the lawns dry out a bit.
            The heavy rain is definitely going to make weeding out the nettles much easier !
            My grory hop yesterday ended up with some accidental purchasing of lavender and snap dragons from L!dl ….there was hardly any room left in the trolley for the food! But at least that shows where my priorities lie!
            Very good value.

Not seen any squirrels in our garden even though there is a chestnut wood on one of our borders.
            Here they are all red squirrels , deep chestnut coloured with almost black tails. Stunningly pretty.

Enjoy your day peeps - see you later a for a brew no doubt!
            Last edited by Nicos; 23-06-2022, 09:21 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
              After a few very dull days we have sunshine.
              What a difference, it's like somebody turned the lights back on.
              Trip to the post office and the library this morning.
              Our squirrels are grey and are a scourge.

Snoop, the smiles landed here this morning in a very happy mood.

Looking after my grandson this afternoon so that's my day taken care of.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• good morning all,snoop Pontins,Breen ,all new to me,but the granddaughter has been a few times,and love it,am so looking forwards to it,as we did camping and caravan when the boys were at home,in the spring /summer seasons,we used to go to several steam shows,with the little digger and dumper he made,then in later years untill he took ill,it was with the old sedon wagon,it was really nice,the son has inhereted it now,and i get to see it anytime i wish,loved it,squirrels are a pain,they used to love the new buds on the roses at the other place,easier to deal with than moles,it is nice Mothhawk seeing nature in the real world,have a lovely day all,and mind that hot sun
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hope you have a great time away, LD. We used to go quite often to Brean Down for walks (born and bred in Bristol, me). Sounds like you had some lovely holidays with Mr. Sending you extra smiles and hugs for the memories.

Comment

• Than you Snoop,good memories i deffiniatly do have bless him,we used to go all over the place me navigating,him driving,1 night here,3 another,i blessed as some peeps do not,i am hoping to make a new memory book ,fingers crossed

Comment

• evening been really warm again,i could not get get into here earlier on,thought it was my signals again,but no,had no bother getting into other places on the net but this one would not play ball,no bother now,i clic and i was in,Nicos them squirrels sound handsome creatures,Bramble hope you had a good day with the little one,getting towards bed time once again,by for now

Comment

• Interesting you couldn’t get on either lottie - I couldn’t either. We’re we the only ones?
                        Have a fantastic holiday lottie - fingers crossed the weather is kind to you.

Had a great day in the garden.
                        Strung up more solar lights in the gardens, potted on some of the bedding plants - still more to do though.

Comment

• I’ve just seen the other thread about problems logging in and I’ve sent a pm to Admin.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Is that Snoop I can hear pottering around outside with a watering can?

Comment

• Time for a brew anyone?
                              Looks like we’re in for mixed weather over the next few days so it’s going to be ideal for playing around in the potagers and flower borders .
                              Cant believe it’s almost weekend again. The weeks are flying by
                              Having said that, the weeks might be flying by but as I’m only having 800 very healthy calories a day on this diet the days are dragging between meals But it’s working so I’ll keep it up for a few more weeks.

Lottie - you have brought back many happy memories for me too. We used to go to Steam Fairs with the children when they were younger. I can still smell the events in my mind ( if you know what I mean!)
                              We also regularly visited the Science and Industry Museum in Manchester which is fascinating if you are into steam power.

Right…I best shake a leg!
                              Lots of stuff to do today. With any luck I might give myself the day off tomorrow ( Yeh…some chance unless we go out in the camper - hmmmm….now that’s an idea!)

Enjoy your day peeps.

Comment

• Morning

A change in the weather its much cooler I'm wearing a jumper still in shorts though.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X