Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i lostinternet concection on the lappy,got it back now,i looked up on the phone and ,took it from there,just do not ask how,but i happed to hit the correct sot,it kept cutting out for a few weeks,and had the clic on the diognostic box,so see how long it lasts now,Snoop stay safe ,i see there are wild fires in spain,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Seeing as it’s Father’s Day I decided to make a Wet Nellie cake and a banana and peanut butter bread and butter pudding.
      Happy Fathers Day to all the daddies out there….and special thanks go to those fathers who are no longer with us.

Feeling very pleased with the indoor jobs I got done today - plus half an hour when the sun came out of deadheading the pots etc.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Seeing as it’s Father’s Day I decided to make a Wet Nellie cake and a banana and peanut butter bread and butter pudding.
        Happy Fathers Day to all the daddies out there….and special thanks go to those fathers who are no longer with us.

Feeling very pleased with the indoor jobs I got done today - plus half an hour when the sun came out of deadheading the pots etc.
        Second the sentiments, but I have to ask: what is a Wet Nellie cake?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Second the sentiments, but I have to ask: what is a Wet Nellie cake?
          Yes! Never heard of it .

Comment

• Here you are….

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/spe...ipes/wet-nelly

uses up stale bread in a rather addictive way

Comment

• We've always known it as bread pudding (different from bread and butter pudding)
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• bread pudding here,but bread and butter,made left over french stic is is nice,is more like an egg custard with lovely baked bread on the top,including the nut meg on the top,mmmmmm
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• It sounds a lot like "puddin". If ever Mr GF heard that word in a Spanish restaurant he was there at the front of the queue. He likes English bread and butter pudding but Spanish "puddin" is his go to dessert. I have actually made it for him on rare occasions. It is a cross between bread and butter pudding and creme brulée.

Comment

• Not my cup of tea, I suspect, Wet Nellie Cake. Mind you, it looks like the kind of thing Mr Snoop would like, especially with custard.

Managed to get up at a reasonable time this morning. Done a bit of gardening and tying up of toms (going to be a windy day today). Temperature is definitely cooler and apparently it will be a bit overcast later on and, gasp, possibly even some drizzle tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll believe it when I see it.

The smiles were especially chirpy this morning when they set off. I think they had a good night's sleep too, as it was a lovely temperature in the bedroom.

Absolutely tons of work to get through, so better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all. I've been awake since 4am with an upset stomach which I am hopeful is starting to settle now.

Presuming it settles down I'm going to the allotment. Maybe it's time to see if a coffee upsets it .....

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        The sun is shining so I am off for a walk in the park,
                        Laundry is out and tomatoes are watered.
                        Enjoy the day.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hope you are feeling a bit better now gf? Something you ate?

I couldn’t get onto the Vine this afternoon. I’m wondering it’s that’s just me seeing as no-one has mentioned it?

Ironing….yup - that’s how I spent half my day…guest bedding. Pah…what a waste!

Still got a bit more to do so I’ll have a quick brew and crack on with it….

Comment

• HI everyone,but where IS everyone,been warm one today ,am enjoying my singing group,peeps are so friendly,what adifference it makes to life,still need to find my way around hehehe,Nicos i wonder if thats why not many posts on here today,this is my first look in,so no idea,have a good evening all,and Bgood2yourselves

Comment

• No problem logging in here Nicos.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. No problems getting on the vine here.

Nicos half a day ironing... it sounds like the modern equivalent of medieval torture on a hot day.

Lottie, I'm glad you've found some nice, friendly people to meet up with.

Snoop, any sign of the drizzle?

I spoke too soon. It wouldn't let me post this earlier and then wouldn't let me back on the site for half an hour or so. Also it only saved half....

We had a productive afternoon at the allotment yesterday. Mr GF was thinning apples however and I caught him cutting back a "weed", my ox-eye daisy! Predictive text kept changing that to red-eye daisy.

I was weeding, watering and planting.

Mr GF has a physio class this afternoon in the city so hopefully a few hours at the allotment this morning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X