Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening it’s the best part of the day, been out for a stroll now sat in the garden.
    Nicos that steps hot enough to cook on

enjoy what’s left of the evening.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Oh wow Snoop 46C in the shade… wow !

We had 38C in the shade eventually this afternoon - and it’s supposed to be hotter tomorrow, but nothing like yours.

Really fantastic there bramble. Bet you feel very chuffed with that- I certainly would!

For those of us with heat - hope you manage to sleep.
      For those of you with cool and rain…please swap!

See you in the morn peeps.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well it was hot today, my phone said 29°C but the car told me it was 33°C when I was out. I only prised Mr GF out of his recliner with the promise of aircon in the car. We went a couple of miles. By the time we got where we were going my fingers, on the steering wheel, were like blocks of ice.

Our heatwave is over now, tomorrow is only showing a high of 17°C. Hard to believe. It's hotter than that now.

I don't know how you cope Nicos and Snoop with your temperatures.

Goodnight.

Comment

• A much, much cooler morning. The aircon in the car will not be useful as a bribe today.

Snoop your new watering system sounds great, as long as you've got plenty water in your well. I bet Mr Snoop is looking decidedly smug.

Nicos, at the risk of sounding daft, what do you use the pizza oven thermometer gun for. I'd never heard of one....but then again I haven't got a pizza oven.

Today I hope to get a few hours at the allotment and Mr GF will probably end up moaning that he's a bit cold.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Overcast and just 14 degs.
            Laundry is out and I am just calling in to the butchers.
            Some time in the garden later.
            Happy Saturday,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Thank goodness this is the last really hot day!
              I personally just stay indoors gf.
              But….Our house is built from granite with walls (about 80 cm deep)in four sections dating from 1630 to 1790
              It’s an amazing heat insulator especially as it has small , shuttered , windows on the south facing side.
              During our renovations we’ve insulated the roof with a combination of sheep’s wool, rock wool and modern multi layered reflective silver insulation sheets.
              Originally the house would have been thatched…another great insulator.
              So basically it was originally built to withstand heat in the summer
              ‘ Every little helps’ as they say

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Nicos, at the risk of sounding daft, what do you use the pizza oven thermometer gun for. I'd never heard of one....but then again I haven't got a pizza oven.

We have a wood/ charcoal burning pizza oven so we use the gun to check it’s up to 350/400C inside so it’s ready to go.

More indoor stuff for me again then. Much needed going through boxes etc.

Keep cool/ warm/ hydrated/ happy * delete as applicable

Enjoy your day!
              Anyone up to something more interesting than sorting boxes?
              Last edited by Nicos; 18-06-2022, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• evening all,Snoop that is great you got the water system going,i do not know how you you and Nicos handle such hot weather,so pleased that heat has gone from here,think it was the having no air about made it worse,i few months time we will be shivering wanting the heat back,if only the heat could be harvested for winter,we did have a bit of rain earlier on,tomorrow supposed to be a lot cooler thank goodness,will feel like doing something then,have a good evening all
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening!

Looks like the heatwave is leaving us We’ve just had very strong winds and clouds are appearing in the sky. Phew.

Maybe I can finally get some gardening done tomorrow yip yip.

Hope the front passes your way soon Snoop.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 18-06-2022, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Good morning (or more accurately maybe middle of the night). What am I doing awake at this silly hour?

I hope everyone has got more comfortable weather now.

I think I'll try and go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

See you later.

Comment

• Mornin gf n’alln’all

Wow…what a lively night !…..strong winds, heavy rain, thunder and lightning… And best of all a 10C and more drop in temperature.
                      ​​​​​​…. And it’s still thunder rumbling in the distance.

Many thanks for sharing peeps - it’s much more manageable
                      Even the birds are chattering away more - and the chooks are wandering around the field again.

You were up early gf….did you manage to get back to sleep?

Seeing as it’s too wet to garden I’m going to crack on with sorting out of boxes etc. I think the charity shops will be grinning like mad when I turn up
                      Those flying smiles most certainly have a very positive knock on effect! I do hope they are wearing their sou’westers today Snoop?

Best get brekkie sorted - banana and oat pancakes with warm apricots and Greek yogurt anyone? I might just sprinkle a pinch of grated coconut on top too

Best get that kettle earning its keep too

Comment

• Morning

Lots of rain yesterday evening so the gardens had a good soaking and water butts have been topped up.

Be back later. best make most of the morning.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning,have a good sleep in GF,will have to get out in the garden and plant the sweet potatoes,and a few other bits,also need to put pots and trays back in there home,they sort of got dumped in the poly,and i need the space,must get myself sorted out for the day first,have a good day and enjoy the cooler time,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I did get back to sleep eventually and had another couple of hours sleep. It's cool, cloudy and breezy this morning. We still haven't had any rain and there is none in the forecast until next weekend. I'm off to the allotment later.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Cool, overcast and breezy here and not a drop of rain.
                              Family coming in for lunch today.
                              Happy fathers day to ako the dads on here.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Nice night out last night, but I overslept this morning due to going to bed very late. So not done much out in the garden. Temperatures have dropped quite a bit today. It was a very warm night, but currently 32 ºC outside (1 pm), so much better, but it's blowing a gale out there, so very hard for the plants.

I didn't see the smiles set off this morning, Nicos, so I've no idea what they're wearing. They might enjoy a cool shower after the recent heat here and the wind blowing up lots of dust.

Mr Snoop is clearing the basement, so I can set up my summer office down there and I'm about to do a bit of washing-up. After that, the bread I didn't make yesterday and some fruit juice lollies now that I've found all the bits for making them. Then, it's settling down to some paid work.

Have a great day everyone, especially the dads.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X