This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Bright and breezy here with a strong wind.
    Need to get a gift and birthday card for my adult grandson today.
    A call to the post office is also on the list.

I dont bake anymore as there are just the two of us and I try to keep the calorie intake under control.

Our car passed its MOT test so we ar all et for another year.
    Two new tyres were needed so that's now done.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Bet you were itching to try out that club, Bramble. Hope it proves a good one.

Situations like that, GF, are horrible. My mum had delirium after a UTI and that was difficult enough. Big hug from me.

This morning started off bright but loads of clouds are coming scudding in thanks to the wind. Feels a bit chilly.

The digger man is due again this afternoon. Should be his last digging session. The land is transformed. But something I hadn't reckoned on and should have: no weed seeds for the birds to chomp on. Our stretch of the valley is a lot quieter. The smiles were sad about that so have gone off in search of flittery company. I'm sure they'll find their way to you later.

Have a great day, everyone.

Oh, and Rary, don't overdo it.

Comment

• Good news there re your car Bramble - it’s always a baited breath moment isn’t it?
        New tyres just before winter sets in can only be a good thing
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Good news there re your car Bramble - it’s always a baited breath moment isn’t it?
          New tyres just before winter sets in can only be a good thing
          I know the feeling our 18 year old Berlingo passed last week
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Brill news Bren
            We hope to get our campervan French MOTd once the new tyres are fitted…but - we have a crack in the windscreen which was there when we bought it nearly a year ago but hasn’t got any worse.
            So we went to the MOT centre and asked if it was a fail with that and he said nope- it’s not large enough !…phew !
            Yes, it will need replacing at some stage, especially if it starts to spread, but at least we don’t have to fork out for a new van windscreen right now!
            She’s 14 years old so it’s it does make you more aware …..

Comment

• Thanks Snoop and ofcourse that comment proves what I said about wives​​​​​​. OH was saying she was fed-up not doing anything, so we went to the Clyde valley for a day out, which she enjoyed, had to take the long way round to avoid Glasgow plenty for her to look at but very little garden related stuff in the GCs and every one with a cafe or restaurant, but did have a good plate of homemade soup, I think we could do with a holiday but OH thinks it's too risky, need to go, the tablet is about out of power
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Got a text this afternoon from the NHS telling me to book my flu jab. I rang the doctor's, booked for Saturday morning. Sometimes the efficiency of modern technology scares me, like when the new car changed fo GMT without any input from me. I have always (or not bothered) had to change it manually before.
                Modern technology is now passing me by I am ashamed to say. In many ways it makes life much easier but at the same time I can no longer be in control of it. I remember building my first computer (only because my husband, who has far too much faith in me), said we should. Technology is taking over but simplifying things as well so that a 5 year can use it. I was pondering this earlier and remembering my first flip-phone. I remembered that I desperately wanted to tell Scotty to "beam me up" ( early Star trek fan). How the world has changed since the "innocent" sixties. Just a shame we haven't got a transporter yet and can't beam things around the world. I have a feeling that if we did it would probably end up more like " The Fly".
                Maybe I am just an old pessimist.

Comment

• Evening all
                  It's been a while, have I missed anything
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Hi there …and welcome back! Really lovely to see you again.
                    Grab a brew and slice of cake and delve back to catch up
                    What have you been up to?

Comment

• Helloooo
                      oh best not eat more cake. Had 2 slices already today(mum baked on Sunday and I've been eating it since)
                      Just in a world of my own i think, busy, had some hols away, decorating as you do, got in the garden today. Rather soggy after the rain we've had, was nice to be out though.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Welcome back Containergardener it’s surprising how quick time flies when you’re busy.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good to see you CG!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I was woken by rain bouncing off the window. Have to say though that I think it’s a lovely sound!
                            Looks like it’s domestics again for me today.
                            I might do some more baking to use up more eggs. My stash has dropped to 3 dozen, but the hens have virtually stopped laying.
                            Egg on toast for breakfast - anyone care to join me?
                            First things first of course - Hibou out and kettle on!

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all. Eggs on toast and a fresh brew, nothing better! Ta, Nicos.

It's a lovely feeling to be warm and dry inside when it's chucking it down against the windows.

At the bottom of our road is an old landfill site that was turned into playing fields with a leisure centre built on it about 30 years ago. Back then there were problems with methane from the rotting landfill under the layers of earth it was covered with, so a pump was installed in the middle of the field and venting pipes around the leisure centre.

Last night a nice lady from the district council came round with a leaflet handout to say the problem has recurred during new pipe installation around the LC, and to keep windows and doors shut until contractors have finished the job in a fortnight. Oh, and not to walk around the playing fields. That will be a blow to a great many dog walkers and others who take a daily stroll around it, or down the footpath that crosses it.

I'm surprised that after 30 years or more the landfill is still producing gas. A salutary reminder that you never know what might be happening near to you.
                              Last edited by mothhawk; 04-11-2021, 07:57 AM.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all
                                I don't know where this year went Bren.
                                Morning Jay. How are you doing?
                                Oooh tea with dippy eggs and soldiers please
                                Blimey MH , hope that sorts asap.

We had a light frost, birds are at the topped up feeders even the greedy starlings have reappeared
                                Need to nip to collect replacement glass ceiling shade, when we opened it, it was cracked so had to order another.
                                May aswell do the food shop *groan* collect my prescription.
                                I want to be in the garden this afternoon though so OH needn't drag his feet.
                                Dogs to walk first.

Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X