Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see you Snadge - I imagine you being sylthlike and super fit these days?

How’s the camper van coming on?….been out in it recently?
    Last edited by Nicos; 14-06-2022, 10:25 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Special good morning to Snadger. Nice to see you. You must be fit as a fiddle these days. Are you still OMADing? Not sure I could manage that long-term.

All good here. Up with the larks (sort of) this morning in a bid to make the most of the cool. It's going to be a stinker today, by the look of it. We had really hot high winds yesterday evening that look to have done a bit of damage in the veg patches. Weirdly, not the sweetcorn. But three of my toms have been bent over at the top despite them being tied up (thanks Bramble, for the reminder, would have been a lot worse otherwise).

Mr Snoop came home from the shops with a whole lot of water pipe fittings and a new length of hose for which he has plans but I have to admit I couldn't really understand them. Always better with a drawing or real life, me, when it comes to what goes where and what happens where. Anyway, all will be revealed this morning.

The smiles came home really late last night. Kept away by the wind, I imagine. They're a bit sluggish this morning, but there are sounds coming from their bag, so I imagine they'll be on their way soon. Wouldn't mind training them to make me a morning cuppa in bed. That would have me smiling.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all, nice to hear from you Snadger.

I took Mr GF to his hour's physio class yesterday. He came out absolutely shattered, but at least he's not stiff this morning....in fact he is in charge of making coffee right now.

We're taking his brother for his covid booster this morning and then afterwards I've told him we'll take him to the supermarket if he wants....I never got there yesterday. Hopefully then a few hours at the allotment.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Expecting a 26C today but in reality it’s a tad hotter than what is forecast…..low/mid 30’s by weekend
          I say but it pales into significance with what Snoop gets!
          Still, it’s a to me

Off in a sec for a quick grory hop then brave the waters in the outdoor swimming pool. Can’t stand swimming repetitively up and down
          (I’m boring company on my own!) so there I get the chance of swimming in a flume which is much more fun.

I say I’m going swimming…but I best go and check if a) my cossi still fits and b) if the elastic hasn’t gone in it. It’s 2 1/2 years since it was last used!…yikes…I’ve only just thought about that!

Best dash if I’m to be there in 90 minutes!

Have a great day peeps! Don’t burn!

Comment

• Morning all, sun is shining! All good here for a change. Going for my Covid Spring booster on Sunday…this will be my 5th Covid vaccination!!
            Not much on the cards today, family coming to stay for a couple of days so we will be baby proofing our house!! Must get down to a one year olds level to see what she can get in to that we’ve not spotted.
            Have a great day everyone. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Its sunny right now and the forecast is good.

Jay, A visit from your grandchild is something to look forward to.
              I wish you luck child proofing, they get into everything at that age.
              I didnt know they were giving out a 5th booster shot.

Snoop, how tall are your tomato plants now. I stake them up from the time they are small plants.

I have to visit doctors surgery this morning, I have a rash on my face.
              Gardening later in the afternoon.

Have a good day and dont forget the sunscreen.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Fifth booster, Jay... They're looking after you well. We're waiting for our fourth, I'm guessing it'll come in the autumn with our flu jab. Unless the whole thing kicks off again.

My tomato plants are a couple of feet tall, Bramble. The stakes went in before the plants, but I didn't start tying them in until they were eight or so inches tall. I've done it a couple of times now, but the wind really must have tugged at them. Things were flying round everywhere. I'd hate to be in a hurricane. Anyway, toms being toms, there will be loads of side shoots that I can tie in too. Fortunately the structure is really sturdy, so that withstood the wind. Really glad the sweetcorn wasn't affected (possible sheltered by a nearby olive tree), as the male tassels are looking good and there are the first signs of the cobs sprouting from the sides.

Good luck with the cossie, Nicos. I haven't worn mine for donkey's years.

Post-water update: harvested the first missile of the season (at least it's not intercontinental size) plus four raspberries, which I nobly shared with Mr Snoop. The squash and courgette plants have been going mad in all the heat. The melons didn't much enjoy the wind, but even so, I'm already hand pollinating the flowers, which is quite a bit earlier than last year. And the aubergines are white. Not my favourites - a bit too perfumed for me - but Mr Snoop likes them. Bit tempted to see if I can get a couple of purple plants, but that would be eight plants in total and there are only the two of us.

Comment

• god morning all,hi snadger nice to see you,please you got MR to the physio,lets hope he keeps it up at home,have a lovely time with the family Jay,time goes so quick,had to laugh at that Nicos,i bet it,s fine,as long as the moths have'nt reviewd it,Snoop i do not envy your heat,it was bad enough here yesterday,son came and did a lot of catchup with my weeds,looks so much better,i am tolled that the heat on friday is set to soar,i said i will be found in the freezer relaxing,i really must go and get myself organized before son come in a bit,have a good day all,and stay safe in the heat
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I've taken brother in law for his booster and then helped him go around the supermarket while I did my shopping. Mr GF took advantage of the fact I was a bit preoccupied and sneaked some goodies into our trolley😋🤫. It can be worse shopping with some old people than with toddlers.🙄

Now having a mug of coffee and a biscuit at home. Plenty biscuits to choose from amazingly.😀😋

It's 22°C at the moment and I actually had the aircon on in the car for the first time. It felt delicious. I think I'll just live in there on Friday.🌞🥶🌞🥶

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      It's 22°C at the moment and I actually had the aircon on in the car for the first time. It felt delicious. I think I'll just live in there on Friday.🌞🥶🌞🥶
                      I'm so jealous. 39.9 ºC at the moment in the shade, overnight low last night of 19.6 ºC, so could have been worse. We don't have a car with aircon, but probably just as well as I'd live in it from now to September. Doubtless the dogs would join me.

Enjoy the biscuits.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-06-2022, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Well…I’m back from swimming.
                        It was closed for another 3 hrs. The lady we spoke to the other day assured us it was open at midday. * sigh

Too long to hang about so I went and bought two more costumes which were reduced. The second one is a size too small - so there’s an incentive for the end of summer eh?

I managed a really good grory hop and drove home in OH’s air conditioned car. So glad I took his instead of mine!

36C here on my way home snoop - that wasn’t forecast!

My impulse purchase of the day?….2 pairs of gardening gloves. One happy bunny.

Comment

• Evening,my word the heat today,there was no air,I'm shattered doing nothing,I thank the power's that be,I am retired ,feel for those in work,must do some watering in a bit,meter will be jumping,I hope they got Fridays weather wrong,Nicos you did well there,no what you mean GF shopping with older people,that's the problem I often get,when I take myself ,I thinking about my cold bottle of bedtime,plus just sheet,dam what the flies see from the walls,have a good evening
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Well…I’m back from swimming.
                            It was closed for another 3 hrs. The lady we spoke to the other day assured us it was open at midday. * sigh

Too long to hang about so I went and bought two more costumes which were reduced. The second one is a size too small .
                            when I read reduced, I thought price, but evedently purchased with wishful thinking

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening just back in from taking grandson to drum lessons, and on the way home passed through some rain, we are not having the high temperatures that folks are having down south, though it was a nice day today but temperature is dropping and rain forecasted for later, I need to go and shut the greenhouse doors as all the auto vents are closed, might spend a bit of time sawing up some wood, I have quite a number of branches to cut up, then again I might not bother GF it's not just the younger or older people who add things to the shopping trolley, I must admit to doing this myself, but then if I have to take OH shopping I am surely entitled to some perks ​​​​​​
                              Well take care, keep safe, keep cool but most important keep smiling. Goodnight
                              Last edited by rary; 15-06-2022, 06:11 PM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Guess who has just gone back from a 40 minute cycle ride? Yup…that was instead of the swim.

Wespotted a couple of young badgers crossing the road then what turned out to be a very young fox cub wandering down the road alone.
                                It had a really scabby face and poor thing had no mother obviously in site. Couldn’t have been more than 10” long and looked more like a fluff ball, so shouldn’t have been on its own. We stopped a car speeding towards it and they got out and the lady said to leave it with her as she works with animals- so we left them to it as requested.I just hope they managed to reunite it with its mom or something.

Going to be hotter tomorrow so I need to either garden or go to market early.

Sleep well peeps - hope it’s not too hot for you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X