This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

A lot brighter and bushier tailed () than I was yesterday. Mr Snoop reckons the solar pump will be working today. Will do a round with the watering can first, though, as I didn't water yesterday and it was rather hot and windy. Loads of paid work on the cards too.

The smiles seem especially jolly this morning too. I've just waved them off, so should be with you soon.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all,i agree with the reward for a designated driver,thats right up my street,but for those on a diet,a free meal would be better,dream on LD,good luck with the watering system snoop,feeling a bit sorry for myself just now,got a nice bruise on a finger after getting it trapped,and a tooth having a go,thanks for them smiles again,more work in the poly tunnel for me,just getting rid of whats not performing,and call time on some things for this year,dissapointing but always next year eh,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Dull and overcast but its dry,
        I plan on rearranging the greenhouse today as the tomatoes have really taken over.
        I may have to put two of them outdoors.

Sympathy to you Lottie, very painful getting a finger trapped.
        You just reminded me I need to get a tooth filled.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. The clouds are very thick and dark despite the fact that the forecast is giving only a 1% chance of rain here today.......hmmm!

I've already emailed T and M this morning about the sad and sorry state of my tomato plants and included a photo of poor Lazarus as he has continued to go downhill

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sun, heat and light breeze today. Can’t complain

The smiles passed over here very noisily in the excitement that I’ve lost all but 1/2 lb of the weight I put on in the uk. Most pleased is an understatement

Lots more gardening today - I really got into it until I was heat frazzled yesterday. I desperately want to do some shredding. We have quite a few low branches getting in the way of mowing so those to need to go…let’s see if I can persuade OH that today is a good day to play with his chainsaw.

Toothache is the pits…hope you get sorted out soon gf and bramble.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• The solar pump is working. Brilliant. No need to haul the generator down to the well (or worse, push it back up) to fill the barrels. Plus the output is good enough to water off a hosepipe, which I think I'll be doing, as well as using my watering can dipped in the barrels, as an interim measure till Mr Snoop has time to help me set up the final system.

Some extensions to the hosepipes to be fitted this evening to reach all the barrels, and we're going to go for a trial run on some of the seep hose. Mr Snoop thinks it won't work as well as I do. We've had soaker hose from Lidl that was absolutely rubbish. But someone in the village uses the same stuff that I've got and says it's brilliant. So fingers crossed.

P.S. Frankie is back to his biting ways. The dogs are very wary around him, though they never retaliate. Mr Snoop and I both have ankle injuries. And this morning I had to rescue him (Frankie, that is) from a scolopendra he'd spotted. Normally I won't put my hands anywhere near them, but this one I squashed with a very large stone. Frankie was disgusted with me for stealing his toy, but it was a fair-sized one (about 12 cm) and was being very aggressive, unsurprisingly, seeing as he was batting it about. A bite would not have done him any good at all.

P.P.S. I'm not listening to any talk about toothache. I'm ignoring mine, though for how much longer I don't know.

Comment

• Evening

Good news about the solar pump Snoop its going to make watering much easier for you both, not much gardening here just tying in plants and moving move land cress from my parsnip bed.

Fingers crossed GH that you hear good news from T and M.

enjoy your evening.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's cloudy! Not likely to rain, but even the cloud is a bit of a relief, to be honest. Due to get very hot again later, despite the cloudiness, so doubtless I'll be complaining about how muggy it feels. But for now, I'm smiling. As were the smiles when they set off earlier. They're coming back later and later at the moment. Don't think they much like the heat either.

Been on a once around the veg patch with my watering can. No seep hose down yet, but the barrels are full and this makes dipping into them a whole lot easier. So big drinks all round. Looks like it might be a good year for squash (fingers crossed), despite other things not doing so well.

Absolute ton of work to get through today, so watering is about all the gardening that's going to happen till the weekend, I reckon. Though I should tie in the tomatoes at some point. Thanks for reminding me I need to tackle them, Bramble.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

I've been around with the watering can as well Snoop we've had rain but not enough to give the veg patch a good soaking I don't want my seedling to shrivel up and fall over.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sort of half cloudy here and forecast to go up to 18°C later. Hopefully a pleasant workable temperature. Friday is forecast to be 29°C, too hot for me.

I'm taking Mr GF into the city for his first physiotherapy/excersize class this lunchtime. Hopefully the allotment this afternoon. If I can squeeze a grory hop in this morning so much the better.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Nice and sunny here with a breeze - but need to be careful as we have UV 9

The garden calls today. I was going to go outdoor swimming at lunchtime as they opened the pool yesterday….but they only started heating the water up then…I’ll give them until tomorrow to get it up to a more reasonable temperature.
                        I don’t have time to swim in reality but it’s part of my fitness programme- gardening, swimming and cycling. Going to fit in at least one or two of those each day. The pool is a two minute drive away from my two larger grory hop shops - so I can combine the journey ( thinking of petrol and time economy). Win win.

Hope Mr GF enjoys his class today - that’s part of the enthusiasm to continue with doing them at home.

Right…my brew is done…best get out into that garden!

Enjoy your day peeps - the smiles shared a massive toothy grin as they flew overhead - most impressed with my 6ft high unmown sections of the field covered with flying insects and butterflies.

Comment

• Good morning all,scattered cloudd but no sign of any rain.
                          The smiles foes by earlier, they were so excited to be out and about.
                          A trip to the post office, pick up some groceries and pop into the library.
                          Some gardening this afternoon if the weather holds up,
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                            The smiles flew by earlier, they were so excited to be out and about.
                            A trip to the post office, pick up some groceries and pop into the library.
                            Wow….you’ve trained them well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Wow….you’ve trained them well!
                              I'm glad somebody has. I've had no luck here.

Comment

• Evening all. It's been a while since I popped in so I thought I had better show my face! Just back from my Box n Core session followed by Rockfit so decided to go to the allotment to cool down a bit and add a bit of water where required. Quite a pleasant evening here for a change.
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X