Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rain stopped earlier, but is now threatening to start again. There is a really annoying magpie outdoors kicking up a right rumpus squawking, dive bombing and terrorising one of the local cats.

Despite only having a podiatry appointment a month ago (when he lost his hearing aid) Mr GF is hobbling again. He thinks it's a corn on his big toe joint. Wonder of wonders, they've got a cancellation for tomorrow so he is now booked in. I could do with putting his hearing aids on a piece of elastic like mothers used to do with mittens down coat sleeves.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Yup….I’m baaaack

Did ya miss me?

Still only part way through unpacking but the washing machine is earning its keep.
      Frustratingly I’m also needing to tumble things as it keeps on raining.

We had a wonderful time in Yorkshire and Cumbria and had loads of granny cuddles ( bliss)

Two weeks away from the gardens and potagers with rain and sun makes it look like we’re trying to grow triffids.
      We rescued a couple of enormous flat lettuce but the others are now almost 2feet high having bolted. We only planted them out as 6 leaved seedlings the day before we left

Everywhere is so lush. What a difference compared to two years ago!

Driving back through central and southern England was a joy ( apart from the traffic) so, so green. Utterly stunning.

Forgive me if I’ve missed anything asI’ve only had a chance to scan through posts.
      Have to say though…it’s good to get away, but oh joy, nice to be back in our own bed again- even though the others were very comfy, it’s not the same is it?

Oh…and yes, Hibou has forgiven us- she brought us two of her toys during the night in case we got hungry
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Special hello to Nicos. Lovely to see you back. Glad you had a great time. Granny cuddles must be very special.

All good here today. The smiles were gone in a flash, as it's blowing a gale out there today. They went out the door and were carried away before I could wave and tell them to make some special deliveries, though I did shout out at them to take you a hug, Rary.

Was hoping not to have to water today, as I gave everything a right good drink yesterday. But with this wind, I'd better go and water the new seedlings I've planted out recently. And tie up the toms I didn't do the other day as they didn't look quite ready.

Off to renew my driving licence today. This involves medical checks, a chat with a psychologist and a video-game-like test to see what my hand to eye coordination is like. You'd think with all this everyone in Spain would be a good driver, but you really do spot a lot of exceptions to this when you're out and about on the roads. Anyway, wish me luck. No idea what I'd do without a driving licence...

Have a great day, everyone.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 09-06-2022, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Welcome back Nicos and good luck with your licence checks Snoop, how often do you go through that?

Grory hop this morning then house stuff to do before I can get in the garden.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Nice to be with you all again

Lots more sploshy stuff going on here. My lawns need cutting even though they were cut at weekend
            Fingers crossed for your driving licence Snoop…yikes, that does seem extreme for a renewal.

Grory hop for me too Bren but later on. Need to get a lot of fresh stuff in until mine comes through.
            A bit more unpacking to be done here then I hope to get out into the garden. This year seems to be the year of the Oxeye Daisy for me!

I’m not sure, but the day before we left our bluetits fledged and it looks like the nest might be back in use again. Hope so! I somehow doubt I’ll be able to resist a quick peek

Hope you are finding yourself in better health rary- you really have been pushing out the boat for the last few months. Your time now eh?

Best shake a leg and put on my Domestic Goddess outfit….needs must.

Keep safe and happy peeps - I’m sure I saw those smiles whizzing northwards earlier on
            Last edited by Nicos; 09-06-2022, 07:34 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

It's good to hear you had an enjoyable trip, Nicos with lots of granny cuddles.

It's windy and mostly cloudy here today but quite warm. I'm going to go see an elderly in-law when I go out and book him his next covid jab at a time and place I can take him to. Then it's the hairdresser at midday and the podiatrist for Mr GF at 2 pm. Hopefully a couple of hours at the allotment then.

Comment

• Morning all,not to bad out there,whish we had a bit more sunshine,it does help the mood factor,i really must get myself in garden mode,the eeds are doing brilliant,as for the stuff i AM trying to cultivate,seems like they are on strike,or a go slow,son says his are the same,as well as other peole he knows,it dampen one's spirits a bit,even the poly tunnel is the same,must be sumat in the air,have a good afternoon and try to be good2yourselves
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morni g all from a wet and windy Dublin.

Glad to see you back after an enjoyable holiday.
                  Granny cuddles are the best, you couldntbput a price on thrm.

GF, you have a busy day ahead there with all your appointments.

Snoop, the smiles went by briefly but didnt hang about in the rain.

I am out to lunch with my friends today and taking care of my grandson this evening.
                  Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    and good luck with your licence checks Snoop, how often do you go through that?
                    Every ten years for younger people, but this licence (I passed) lasts just eight years till I hit 70 and thereafter it's every five years. It does seem a bit extreme, but having seen my mum do her self-declaration for her licence renewal honestly but being quite sure in my own mind that she shouldn't be driving, I don't mind. That said, it would be pretty disastrous if either of us didn't pass. The woman who did the hand to eye coordination test was very reassuring. She said "You have to be really bad to fail", but I might try some video games before the next one. It was a different test this time and really quite difficult to do well.
                    Last edited by Nicos; 09-06-2022, 10:05 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Every ten years for younger people, but this licence (I passed) lasts just eight years till I hit 70 and thereafter it's every five years
                      STILL!!! eight years to go, WOW!!!
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, its been a funny sort of day today, cloudy with a wee bit of rain then cleared up, only to get cloudy with a bit of rain again and has been like that all day, had to go for a quick bit of shopping this morning for daughter, as yesterday she had a fall down the stairs, so I had spent a bit of time outside the hospital waiting for her, she has a chipped bone and bruised tendons, well I think that's what she said haven't been over to see my sister this week as I still have a cough and a sore throat, and the last thing I want to do is pass anything on to her, got some baskets made up today so happy with that, I also discovered why women don't leave things at their backside, I was hunting for something earlier and asked OH if she had seen it or moved it, to which she replied you very likely left it at your backside, she then got off her chair to try and find it for me, when I then realised why women don't do that, they have a bigger area to cover​​​​​, I am going to tell her that when I build up the courage . Well off to make the supper, so keep safe, keep smiling, Goodnight
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning. I can see the sun shining brightly through a tiny crack in the curtains. The forecast is good for today and the allotment beckons. Yesterdays weather was nice until just before I'd taken Mr GF to the podiatrist. As if on cue the rain started just as I was free to go to the allotment.

I'm just deciding whether to try and get back to sleep for another hour or so....

Comment

• Morning all.

Very behind on work today, so no gardening this morning. Not much need either after one of the dogs damaged a load of my seedlings yesterday, so I have nothing to speak of to plant out. The grass is all going brown, so there are no 'wild greens' for him to eat, so he's chewing my plantlets. I haven't been to look at the asparagus yet. They both love asparagus, so I imagine he's had that too... Anyway, they've both been given a worming pill this morning, in case that's the problem. We haven't had much in the way of vegetable peelings that they like recently, so maybe that's not helping. Anyone else's dog like the veins from cabbage and cauli leaves and the stumps too? Anyway, this is the first time it's happened, so I'll be sure to move the replacement seedlings up higher, but once they're down in the fields... I warned Mr Snoop that the main patch (the one in the photo) might have to be fenced and he was not best pleased.

The smiles still haven't left. They shot out the door, ready for the off, and then shot straight back into their bag. It's decidedly chilly today in comparison with recent mornings. We had a high of nearly 40 ºC yesterday and a low last night of nearly 14 ºC. I've put a jumper on and seriously considered my tracksuit bottoms. The sun is getting higher in the sky already and the temperatures are rising, so I imagine the smiles will be venturing out soon.

Big shout-out to Snadger. I thought of your video plot tour the other day when I posted my photo and wondered what your allotment is looking like today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.
                              Kettle's on again, so there's plenty of tea to go round.

Been outside picking lavender to dry, then I must do some dead-heading later. Next door's young cat was in the garden yesterday evening, he's just beginning to explore further away from his own home. He looked as if he was stalking a small bird through the rhubarb, but it turned out to be a pigeon feather, which he proudly caught and carried home in triumph.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                                STILL!!! eight years to go, WOW!!!
                                Well, it's seven and a half till my birthday, near enough, but my new licence expires eight years from yesterday, so they've given me six months' grace effectively. A very long 'mañana'.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X