X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all;D

Just popping in to say hi!
    Having a pretty relaxing time here but still keeping busy. Off to stay with granddaughter tomorrow for a few days - she was about to take her first unaided steps when we last saw her…now she’s running around everywhere I guess I’ll be on ‘running around ‘ and ‘playing duty’ this weekend! Bliss.

Tis sopping wet here in Yorkshire this morning which is perfect timing having planted out all the bedding plants yesterday.

Keep healthy everyone.

Speak soon

x
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I thought that was a flash of sunshine just now - but it was clearly the smiles flashing past. They did look a tad bedraggled. I didn’t have a chance to offer then a warming brew.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning,the is flashing here as well Nicos,enjoy time with the little one,we have to grab every bit of time we can,as they grow up to quickly,the smiles are about snoop,they found shelter when needed,we had a good down pour of hail yesterday,the thermometer has dipped,am trying not to use the heating,am lucky i can get away with it,have a good day all
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Glad the smiles have been making their presence felt. I was brought an iced coffee in bed at about 7 am this morning, which they thought was a great lark and set off in huge whoosh. Sounds like you two are having a whale of a time, Nicos and LD.

Been busy down in the fields this morning, joined by Mr Snoop who took pity on me and helped with a load of weeding. Slowly getting there, though. Lots of leeks to plant out this evening, then off to water for a friend who's in hospital.

In between times, the computer and paid work call. The dogs and cats have got their lives sorted. The dogs are snoring away in their baskets in the kitchen with me, and the cats are on the bed in the bedroom. All busy at night and asleep in the heat. If I could swap some sun for rain, I would. Bit nervous as to how hot this summer's going to be. We hit 38 ºC in the shade yesterday, currently just over 30 ºC and it's not even the end of May. Night-time low last night was 11.8 ºC. Once the weeding is under control (how likely is that?), I must put my lettuce awning idea into practice.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Me again. Morning all.

About to go down the fields to plant out the leeks at long last. Didn't get to do it yesterday, as the watering at the friend's place took a bit longer than expected. Need to do a big round of watering here too after the leeks. But all good.

More paid work after this morning's outdoor efforts.

But first, a milky coffee courtesy of Mr Snoop.

The smiles are quite gleeful this morning. They haven't headed off yet but look like they're getting ready to do so. I think they're planning an extended route today for some reason. There's a lot of bee-style waggling going on

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Sat here watching the Robins deciding if to come back to the nest they started building last month in our kitchen lean-too they've been in and out all morning. They got as far as bringing in moss last time then decided to build in next doors shed.

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. The joy of a good night's sleep! I heard Mr GF creeping quietly out of the bedroom with his clothes early on, asked him what time it was.....he'd no idea. Two minutes later he was back.....before 6am. We both managed another 2 hours.

The physiotherapy phone call for Mr GF yesterday was as expected pretty much a waste of time. After some pushing and prodding from me hopefully the physiotherapist is going to organise some actual face to face physio....maybe a class where Mr GF's natural competitive streak can come to the fore and he might actually do the excersizes.

Earlier there was bright sunshine for a short while, but the clouds are gathering again. If it stays dry weeding is my main job today. All the rain should mean that they pull out easily. If it rains a visit to the care home. Visiting restrictions have loosened and we no longer need to pre-book....but still need to do a lateral flow test.

Hopefully by tomorrow the temperature should be back up to a pleasant 20°C and stay at a reasonable level through the weekend.

See you later.

Comment

• Morning all,what silly we having,i have the GGB this morning,they are doing me a power of good,Snoop we could do with a little swap,rain for some genuine sunshine,GF sounds never a dull moment in your home,if only we had time to write a book eh,have a good day and Bgood2yourselves
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning

Looks like being a good day no rain to dampen those Jubilee celebrations, grory hop first then having a look at whats happening locally.

Enjoy your day.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
                      Grory hop for me too, then I shall watch the Trooping of the Colour with my Mum, she loves to watch it every year.

My bluetit family left home on Sunday and yesterday I took down and cleaned out the box. I was quite surprised that the nest was completely empty, I had been half expecting one or two chicks to have perished as the hen bird lost her partner a week after the chicks hatched. But she was a hard-working mother and raised them all. No idea how many she actually had, but bluetits usually have a big brood, don't they?

Hope everyone has a lovely Bank Holiday
                      Last edited by mothhawk; 02-06-2022, 07:09 AM.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• A beautiful morning. We got the rain yesterday so we did the care home visit which upset us both. The local traffic was horrendous and I've no idea why or where everybody was in such a hurry to get to.

Today, once Mr GF is up and organised, I am hoping to have a good day at the allotment.

Comment

• Morning all.

Been out already, planting out brassicas, weeding, raking and spreading muck in the no-dig style. Got a bit hot but still have more to do, so have come in to cool down a bit before finishing off. Not much more for this morning, fortunately. Then it's paid work till this evening. When it's watering for the neighbours and water up from the well for the veg patches and the fruit trees.

Good news about the blue tit family, mothhawk. I love them. The smiles were pleased and said they'd make a special delivery to you to celebrate. Doubtless they'll do the usual rounds too.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Hi all,nice to see the birds,i got some that come on the wall to feed of the feeder,little tiny things,Snoop thanks for the smiles,be carefull in that heat,my potato slips have arrived,have been looking up how to em,so might try some in bags in the poly,and some in the ground,and get em to climb,got some for son too,this is my first time,been looking up about saving some of my own,looks interesting,enjoy what ever your doing,the group i go to are having a jubilee party this afternoon,so lookingforwards to it,

Comment

• Mr Snoop took some photos today. Not sure I've ever posted a photo my plot before. Probably just as well it's from a distance. 'Field' with beds (on the left) is my summer and autumn veg patch, the other field is a battleground. The war involves fruit trees and thistles. Just about managing to stop the thistles from flowering at least.

Click image for larger version  Name:	huerto cropped.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	2546716
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 02-06-2022, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Wow Snoop, what a lovely big plot! I don't envy you weeding that in the heat. It looks wonderfully sheltred by the surrounding trees.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X