This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Thanks for the tray, Nicos. Glad mine only had an iced coffee on it - just the ticket.

Had quite a productive morning so far, making the most of the cool. A load of watering and weeding, planting out lettuce and earthing up potatoes. Bit more weeding to do and then off to do a bit of strimming. And that will be it, as it's starting to get hot. Sadly, I injured a big fat toad in one of my muck piles. It crawled away very determinedly, so with any luck it will survive.

Off to visit the neighbours this afternoon to inspect their veg patch, as I'm on watering duty for them for a bit as the husband is off to hospital for an operation and they'll be staying near the hospital rather than coming back here.

Fortunately the smiles set off before they spotted the toad, so they were very jolly on departure. Hope they dropped in on you, Jay22, and that your OH is back at home.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning. Cloudy here with 82% chance of rain.....we shall see.

I've just checked the sweetcorn and 26 out of 48 are showing their selves now, 5 days since planting. I'm cautiously optimistic.🙂

Hopefully I'll get a couple of hours at the allotment before the rain begins.

Mr GF went into the supermarket with me yesterday for the first time in over two years. A lot more biscuits and goodies than usual went into the trolley....... and as for the middle aisle! He is definitely a bad influence on me but it is nice to have a fridge full of lots of choices again.

See you all later.

Comment

• Very funny you lot I was thinking 44 as for the brandy instead vof whisky Snoop, I am very versatile if its alcoholic and free I can drink it​​​​​​
        Its a lovely morning here today, jus going to head over to see my sister for a short time, I have a busy day ahead of me taxi service for my son and DiL, then pick up grandsons and take one of them to ice skating once they are fed, then pick up son again, think I will need to increase my charges for taxi service, I wish you all a good day, enjoy your gardening even if its just sitting in the garden and smile
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sending you belated birthday wishes Rary xx
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just a heads up…I’d read that there is going to be a shortage of mustard globally due to very low mustard crops - so I popped into 3 different shops and they all had empty shelves. The French are great mustard eaters- mostly with dressings - so it doesn’t surprise me the shelves were empty.
            I’ve enough to last me quite a while anyway but it’s unusual to see empty shelves here!
            Just wanted to forewarn anyone interested that they might like to stock up as opposed to panic buy
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Just a heads up…I’d read that there is going to be a shortage of mustard globally due to very low mustard crops - so I popped into 3 different shops and they all had empty shelves. The French are great mustard eaters- mostly with dressings - so it doesn’t surprise me the shelves were empty.
              I’ve enough to last me quite a while anyway but it’s unusual to see empty shelves here!
              Just wanted to forewarn anyone interested that they might like to stock up as opposed to panic buy
              Or ....... try growing and making your own

https://www.growveg.co.uk/guides/hom...-the-easy-way/

No...... I haven't tried it, but I might give it a go.

Comment

• Morning all, it’s sunny but the dark clouds are building! Smiles arrived Snoop but unfortunately hubby hasn’t. They are still trying to get him into an outpatient place. Basically he is bed blocking a desperately needed bed for antibiotics, half an hour twice a day because they have to be given intravenously! He was very grumpy yesterday so he’s well on the way to recovery!!
                Hope you all have a great day!! Oh and belated happy birthday Rary!!
                sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. Bright but very breezy here.
                  I was due to go shopping with my daughter this afternoon but that fell through so extra time in the garden.

Nicos, I am a mustard lover so I will check our supermarket just in case.

Belated birthday wishes to you Rary.
                  All dads and grandads seem to be taxi drivers these days.
                  I must visit the post office before it goes into another week.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I had a delivery yesterday from a shop in Barcelona that sells Indian food. I also ordered some English mustard (thinking it would be the powder), but a jar arrived. Evidently they don't sell much of it: best before date was February. Not sure if it's safe or not. I presume so...

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Or ....... try growing and making your own

https://www.growveg.co.uk/guides/hom...-the-easy-way/

No...... I haven't tried it, but I might give it a go.

good call and nice link.
                      I have an unopened jar of mustard seeds for cooking and having just read up, it looks like they might be viable.

Snoop - according to this your mustard should be fine…
                      https://www.canitgobad.net/can-dijon-mustard-go-bad/

Comment

• Frustrating news there Jay - doesn’t sound like it’ll be long though.

Comment

• Sorry about the link. 😔The 82% chance of rain here was right and it came early so I've been browsing the internet instead of gardenning.

Jay, it must be so frustrating for your husband, to know that he could go home if the ongoing care could be organised. At least it should be soon.

I have now got some mustard seed in a box on kitchen paper on the kitchen windowsill to see if it viable.

Comment

• I’d join you Gf with seeing if the seeds germinate - but it’ll have to be when we get back from the uk. Let’s hope they work!

I’ve asked my daughter to buy some mustard for me anyway as a few supermarkets still have it in stock….for now at least!

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
                              Just wondering have any peeps seen a Handkerchief Tree.
                              While I was walking in the park today I came across one.
                              It looked quite stunning with a background of green and the white bits flapping like wings.
                              lots of peeps stopped to take pics.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon.

Not seen a Handkerchief tree before Bramble they do look pretty so no wonder people were taking photos.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X