Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right!…the rain has finally stopped - on with my newly bought gardening gloves - same here snoop - need to garden before it gets too hot/ humid. Nothing like your temperatures though Snoop

Out of interest…do you use ice in your iced coffee? I was reading somewhere that if you make ice cubes out of coffee and use those instead, the brew doesn’t taste watery when you get to the last mouthfuls. Then when they finally melt , you’ve got one more slurp of proper coffee.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Instead of holding on to that warm weather you two, would you like to send some this way?
      sigpic

Comment

• Should have said good morning!! It’s cloudy/sunny but cool and we’ve still got a wee breeze. We had fab weather for the two weeks my son was up from England in April but the minute he left the good weather went with him!!
        Have a great day everyone x
        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Beautiful sunny morning here and hopefully it will stay that way.
          It lashed rain and windy with it last night so we have had enough rain.

Nicos, your grandaughter will love the finger paints.
          Finger puppets (purchased in Ikea) are a real winner as well.

Snoop, it's very hard to work outdoors in that heat so take it easy.

Hoping tinpot on the last of my tomatoes and peppers today if it's not too hot in the greenhouse.
          Looking after my grandson this evening so I must conserve some energy.
          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I'd be very glad to send you some of the hot weather. In fact, I think it might be on its way of its own accord because there's an almighty wind blowing. Who'd be a plant in this weather? Or bird, animal or insect for that matter.

As for the iced coffee, Nicos, my first cup of coffee of the day is usually very milky. So having a black coffee with ordinary ice blocks is perfect for me. Midday we've taken to having a Turkish coffee after lunch recently. But we always drink decaff, including the Turkish coffee, on doctor's orders for Mr Snoop.

Comment

• Nicos, my family have a tradition where aunts and grandmothers buy drums, mouth organs and toy trumpets for presents for toddlers instead of paints. We usually hand them over as we are leaving..... I think we all have a sadistic streak. This has gone on now for generations. In fact it can't be long now to my great nephews 1st birthday🤪😀😜....the end of June. How evil shall I be?

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

gf….my in-laws bought a violin and 10 lessons for our daughter’s 4 th birthday she carried on playing until she was 16 , but by ‘eck those first few years were enough to drive anyone loopy
                Forget the drums…get a violin

Darn bramble….te he….I’m going to have to go back to,ikea again aren’t I?( either that or make my own)

Jay, please help yourself to the sunshine….really…I’ve had enough for now. It was 27C at 4pm today….and utterly humid.

Grory hop done, no need to go out for anything now - hopefully!

First a brew then some more weeding….. I bought some white chocolate snicker bars on impulse but my diet buddy’s telepathy has told me to hide them….so help yourselves - the more you have, the less I’ll eat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Afternoon n’alln’all

gf….my in-laws bought a violin and 10 lessons for our daughter’s 4 th birthday she carried on playing until she was 16 , but by ‘eck those first few years were enough to drive anyone loopy
                  Forget the drums…get a violin
                  I think age one might be a bit young for a violin. I'll file that idea away for future use though. I truly know how bad a violin can sound in the hands of a teenage beginner who has no interest in learning. My younger sister took lessons until my mother gave in ...and let her stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    I bought some white chocolate snicker bars on impulse but my diet buddy’s telepathy has told me to hide them….so help yourselves - the more you have, the less I’ll eat.
                    I bet your diet buddy would say cut one in half and have half on Saturday and half on Sunday and put the rest in the fridge for the following weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      Nicos, my family have a tradition where aunts and grandmothers buy drums, mouth organs and toy trumpets for presents for toddlers instead of paints. We usually hand them over as we are leaving..... I think we all have a sadistic streak. This has gone on now for generations. In fact it can't be long now to my great nephews 1st birthday🤪😀😜....the end of June. How evil shall I be?
                      Someone bought our youngest a drum that had a xylophone on the reverse side eventually we passed it onto our grandkids.

Been a good day here after a cool start, did the grory hop, baked bread, planted toms and french climbing beans.

Enjoy your evening.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening dull and blustery here this morning but dry, wasn't over at sisters today, as I needed to catch up on some work, I got some plants into the garden then at dinner time was preparing to make some sandwiches when daughter phoned to see if we fancied going for something to eat, but we went in my car and I paid somehow I think I missed something there once back home I started making another hot box, this time using triple walled polycarbonate it's 2.5 ft square by 4ft high, the expiramentwl one made from a water but just isn't creating enough heat, so this new one will be big enough to to take the contents of the butt as well as two wheel bins so quite keen to get it finished, though need to think on where to site it, possibly where it will get some sunlight to help heat it up, the polyc2 is dark but still might get some heat, should have added that the day finished up warm and sunny, but going with the forecast that won't last as its a high chance of rain tomorrow afternoon, we'll time to sit down and relax a bit, possibly have a wee brandy from the bottle I received for my birthday yesterday, sadly it's one of those numbers which stays the same if turned around have a good day tomorrow and remember to pass on some smiles. Goodnight
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Belated birthday greetings, rary. That was a brave person, giving you brandy rather than whisky.

Comment

• Happy birthday for yesterday, Rary. A number which stays the same if turned around? ........... You really ought to be taking it easier at 96.🤪

Comment

• And belated birthday greetings from me too Rary!

You’ve achieved loads in your 11 years….here’s to the next 11…

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D

Bit of sploshy stuff going on. Happy about that

Gotta dash - stuff to do!
                                I’ve left breakfast trays for everyone - see ya later!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X