X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

light innit?

*Passes Flo a cup of tea and a croissant.
    Help yourselves peeps

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

I'd volunteer to do the laundry, Flo, but it's a bit far to come. Plus it wouldn't dry well. We had rain again last night, more due Wednesday and then a bit more later on.

I'm sorry to gloat, but things are going my way. The digger man will be coming back tomorrow afternoon. He's arranged muck deliveries on demand for me, which is miles better than the last guy, who took months before he'd deliver. Plus, he's made arrangements to come and plough and then go over the soil with a tractor-mounted rotovator. Not very no-dig at all. But never mind. I'll just pile a load of muck on top of where I want to grow veg and leave it till spring. And trees elsewhere before that.

I realise all this smugness is unbecoming, so I've shooed the smiles on their way. Only fair to share. With any luck, they'll be hanging round the croissants by now.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all

Tried mint tea this morning and foolishly added cream! Yuk!!!!! I won't be doing that again.

Back on OMAD (One Meal A Day) after a couple of weeks trying an 18 hour fast each day instead of the full 24 hours. Weight went on, so back to OMAD.
        Get my new pooter today with a bigger screen so looking for ward to that. Having to get used to using a mouse again as the keypad has packed up on my present chromebook.With the bigger screen I will hopefully be able to use my new chromebook in the campervan and get riid of the television which is fitted now.
        My potted Chrysanths are flowering now but with frost forecast I may need to bring them indoors tonight!

TTFN
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Fantastic news Snoop! Really good news

Hopefully Flo will quickly be sorted too, although I very much feel for the heartbreak and frustration and inconvenience she’s going through.

Snadge - I tried the 24 hr fasting and it actually upset my stomach and I couldn’t get rid of the lightheadedness so went back to the 15/16 hr fast which seems to suit me better.
          So far I’ve lost 4lbs in 2 weeks. I know I’ll put on weight when we go to the uk later this month, so , although I’ll be ‘aware’ I’m not going to avoid things like pork pies , fish n’chips, takeaways , sticky toffee pudding, Bakewell pudding, Bacon and sausage butties…
          I can’t bring any of them back so I will no doubt ‘treat’ myself to those comfort foods
          Missing out lunch will be a good start at least
          Enjoy fiddling with your new computer!

Well, it’s nice and sunny here so the garden calls ….
          Enjoy your day peeps , I’d forgotten is a Bank Holiday here - All Souls Day where we reflect on people who have died.
          It does feel good to go through happy memories of people we were close to. It’s a year tomorrow since my mom died and 43 years last Friday since my father died.
          It’s nice - although sad- to reflect on them and other family members now no longer with us.

On a lighter note….Hopefully we’ll have the VVS results out sooner than later
          Last edited by Nicos; 01-11-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Late up today. I did wake up early (before 6), but went back to sleep and had really weird dreams, including growing grapes the size of small hens eggs.
            It's just stopped raining here but everything looks wet and grey. I'm taking one of the in-laws to the eye clinic this afternoon. I can't see any gardenning getting done today but I do need to go get more onions. I don't know what we do with them all.
            I've just cancelled our hair appointment for this week as I think it will be better to let my husbands scrapes and bruises heal a bit more and they go up into his hairline.

Comment

• Morning

More rain today but not as bad as yesterdays downpour so no gardening again to day just harvesting.

Snadger make mint tea I like mine cold straight from the fridge, i've tried it warm but wasn't to keen i can't imagine how its tasted with cream.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• the rain finally died down today but we had quite bad wind ( I blamed Mrs G ) and now the sun is popping in and out

I love mint tea. I ued to have some in my locker at work and used to have a couple of mugs a day - Twinnings Morrocan mint tea. its one of the few fruit teas that actually tasted of something. never had it with anything in it.

Sadly being diabetic I can't miss meals and have to have something regularly ... thats my excuse anyway but I try and eat sensibly, I've quite taken to cheese and biscuits at lunch as its not too heavy. and then I have a cooked meal with mrs G in the evening when she comes home from work.
                Last edited by nick the grief; 01-11-2021, 11:24 AM.
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• Late morning checking in.
                  Beginning yo feel half way human after a horrible few days.
                  Nothing planned for the day so just going with the flow.

Snoop, great to hear things are going so well for you.

Flo, I hope you can get back to some kind of normality soon.

All souls day heroes a holy day of obligation.

I could never fast further long Snadgar, I would get week and lightheaded.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• on the plus side, I've just had my seeds and 50 3" pots turn up so I might see about planting my shallots up and a few crimson flowered broad beans ... this coming year I think I'll be growing in big plant pots (35litre)

the seeds aren't anything special

Marigold Lemon Gem
                    Verbena pendula mix
                    Limnanthes Poached egg plant
                    Night scented stock ( the first plant I ever grew so I may give some to my grandsons to start them off)
                    Calendula Orange king
                    Lobelia cascade mixed
                    and sweet pepper Robertina

ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

• Afternoon all

Another mistake to learn from! I added mozzarella cheese to a three egg omelette. Thinking it would just sit there in the omelette. How wrong can you be? it all amalgamated and went like a disgusting souffle. I had to stick it under the grill to finish. Won't be doing that again. Had it with fried Halloumi and stir fry as its my 'Meatless Monday' today.

Got the woodburner on but I still can't keep warm. I've even taken to wearing gloves whilst dog walking which I have never needed to do in the past. This getting auld lark is a bit of a pain at times.

Thanks for the tip about cold mint tea Bren, I'll give that a try! (No cream of course!)
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mint tea! Yuk!! I've only ever had it once many years ago in Morrocco. It was so sweet and awful the mere thought of it turns my stomach and I had to keep sipping it to be polite. That was also the first time I had couscous which I never tried again for many years.
                        Oddly enough I really like mint jelly or mint sauce or a few sprigs in the pan with new potatoes.
                        I'm sitting here bored at the eye clinic at the hospital with my brother in law at the moment. Weirdly enough parking was easy. The eye clinic has it's own car park.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          Afternoon all
                          Got the woodburner on but I still can't keep warm. I've even taken to wearing gloves whilst dog walking which I have never needed to do in the past. This getting auld lark is a bit of a pain at times
                          Thanks Snadger, I suppose that is something else to add to the list of things I have to look forward to, getting cold hands when I get old
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I actually got out to the garden today, though I had to stop a couple of times due to showers, as I was moving some wet wood I had on a pair of gardening gloves thinking that they would keep my hands a bit warmer, but unfortunately though the kept my hands cleaner they also kept them colder, so they were removed, I think if I want to wear gloves in the garden it will have to be mitts, if I can find any gardening ones, it was always mitts that I wore when hill walking as they keep your hands warmer than gloves, come to think on it I might have a pair of waterproof mitts from my hill walking days, right off to search. Enjoy your evening keep safe and keep smiling
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              Anyone ready for a brew?
                              I’m just about to have porridge with blueberries for breakfast.

Speaking of oats - I made Parkin yesterday - it looked an interesting recipe. (I did of course tweak the ingredients- extra ginger plus cinnamon and even some cocoa powder.)
                              I did read somewhere ages ago that it’s best left in a tin for a long while - any suggestions? Will a week be long enough to bring it to maximum stickiness?

Rary - I’ve never thought about gardening mitts. I’ve actually seen ski mittens which have the index finger separate so that would give more manual dexterity. But I don’t know how waterproof and rugged they would be.
                              Maybe you should patent the idea!
                              Failing your walking mittens idea, there are thermal waterproof workmen’s gloves available.
                              One Xmas my OH’s very elderly aunt bought him a pair of battery heated gloves . We had a laugh at that at the time….but it wasn’t such a daft idea!

Snadge - try buying merino thermal leggings and/or long sleeved vest. They make a heck of a difference. Not cheap but they are lightweight,comfy, breath and wear well. I have a couple of each and can definitely vouch for them.

I’m going to do a grory hop later on - just need to drop off the chainsaw blades to get sharpened and pick up more insulation first.
                              I wonder what my impulse purchase will be this time?

Comment

• Morning

Nicos I've not made Parkin for years but I do remember leaving it for around week to get the best texture, it was difficult to do when you have kids in the house though.

Greenishfing have you making your own mint tea I use a cafetiere and either fresh or frozen mint leaves both seem to work fine.

No rain today so i'll be out and about,

enjoy your day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X