This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Another chuckle to start the day there from gf!…your OH sounds like good fun
    He is. The thing that always made me laugh was the first time I turned up to visit on any ward as he had always made it clear to everyone there that I would sort them out and get him home in record time. Heaven knows what kind of battle axe they were expecting, but he usually did get home in record time.

Comment

• Good morning all from a sunny Dublin.
      It's a special day in our family.
      My husband is 80 today.
      I cant believe he has reached that age.
      We are together since he was 19 and I just 17.
      Needless to say, another day out celebrating with family

Snoop somebody must have whispered in their ears, the smiles were dancing on the window ledge and singing happy birthday when we opened the curtains.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Things have slowed down here. Turns out the weeding consists of couch grass and horsetail... Not ideal. Still better slow than not at all.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-05-2022, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Congratulations to your husband on his birthday and on your long marriage, Bramble. Best wishes for a lovely day.

Comment

• Many congrats to Mr B from me too!
            Hope you have a great day xx
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Congrats to Mr B from me too. I hope you both have a great day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                Things have slowed down here. Turns out the weeding consists of couch grass and horsetail... Not idea. Still better slow than not at all.
                I find something strangely satisfying about weeding couch grass and bindweed when I manage to remove a really long length all in one piece. It reminds me of something from childhood but I'm not sure what.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 15-05-2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Gf....did you ever help your granny unravel wooden jumpers so she could reuse the wool? Could that be what it reminds you of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Gf....did you ever help your granny unravel wooden jumpers so she could reuse the wool? Could that be what it reminds you of?
                    Oh, I did. Unravel it and wrap it tightly around something and then wash it before reusing to get the kinks out. But I don't think that is what I'm thinking of.......

Today's plans have gone out of the window due to an unexpected visitor just as I'd started cleaning pots and trays. It was lovely seeing him but I am miles behind now and the cloud is rebuilding. More rain on the way I reckon.

Comment

• Good evening all,god bless you all Rary,Jay pleased things improving for you both,and GF you make always bring a smile to our faces,i could just imagine a scene from carry on in the hospital,have managed to get a few more things done in the garden,wish i had either some company or energy,i seem to sleep a lot,a few days ago i sitting really chilled out on the puter,looked at the clock,it was 1.15 am,went bed,next thing was i was woken by the phone ringing,it was my son,time was 2pm,he thought had better wake me up,he was out the back doing some work for me,i seem to just drop out most days,was looking in here earlier on,and must have droped of again ,i do feel better for it,i think it's from them antibiotics form the other week,as it also striped me of my medication ,the pheonix rises again,is coming up towards 1 year since,my love passed,where on earth has that time gone ,time is deffinately a healer,can have memories without the upset ,my wish is,i can get on top of the comfort eating,all that talk about jaffa and ginger biscuits,i love the later dunked,have a good evening everyone.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Nothing wrong with a good eyelid inspection, LD. Got to make sure they're there and in working order.

Up very early this morning to catch the eclipse. But not early enough. A friend in Spain posted the times, but I didn't spot they were not Spanish time... Fortunately, just caught the last bit of the moon being covered and then the full eclipse for a while till it dropped into a big bank of clouds. A shame as for the first time in a very long time, Mr Snoop was interested in seeing it. He's not much of a one for astronomical events since he saw the full solar eclipse years back. Nothing has come up to scratch since that. Still, the smiles were intrigued and set off as soon as the bank of cloud appeared. They were heading up for a better view, so no idea how long they'll take to reach you.

Anyway, as per, I didn't get as much done yesterday as I'd hoped. I shall stop using the word 'planned'. Back to the paid work routine now, so not as much time for gardening, but we've broken the back of it. Time to get some more sowing done. Especially sweetcorn. The plants I've put out are dwindling in number. Mice?

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning..... and what a grey and miserable one it is weatherwise. I think it has rained all night. It feels decidedly chilly, but at least not windy. Possible thunderstorms and hailstones later.

I eventually got the sweetcorn planted yesterday, all 48 of them. Not 50, they were 2 short. I am now waiting for them to peep out at me.

We are going care home visiting later this morning. This afternoon depends on the weather. The allotment if it is better, or maybe a grory hop if not.

Catch you all later.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I too missed the eclipse Snoop. The moon was nowhere near the horizon when I last looked and then when I woke up again it was already getting light
                            I’d drunk a pint of water on purpose as I went to bed as that usually gets me up at intervals during the night..but my timing was out. Oh well.

We had a ridiculously massive storm yesterday afternoon - very heavy rainfall but fortunately no hail stones . I’ve yet to go and check for damage but I need to nip out to get some plumbing parts as we are having a radiator fitted this morning…yippee.

So , best crack on - the sooner I leave the sooner I’ll be back for my breakfast of watermelon. Yummy yum

Lottie - that’s a brilliant but of shuteye you had there!…..good for you!
                            You wouldn't be sleeping if you didn’t need it - don’t feel guilty!

Must dash - see you all later….

Comment

• Morning

Lots of overnight rain sounded like someone throwing peas at the windows water butts have been topped up and the gardens looking fresh.

Enjoy your day.
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 16-05-2022, 09:35 AM.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                We have hazy sunshine and the breeze has gone.
                                Planning to pot on my tomatoes into their final pots today.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...