This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Poor nights sleep but woken to another lovely sunrise - looks like we’re in for another warm sunny day!

Grory hop this morning as I need to buy skirting boards from a shop near the grory hop shop. Might as well save petrol and time eh?
    Later on we’ll be wandering around the local saw mill/ wood yard looking for a nice piece of oak for a 3metre shelf. I love the smell of freshly cut/ split wood.
    OH has already gone to the tip to empty the trailer in preparation.

Hopefully I can get more gardening done! It’s all go here I tell ya!

Oh and if anyone needs an excuse to raise a glass this evening, then it’s my daughter’s burpday. I hope she manages to have a good day as her baby daughter has tonsillitis ​​​​​​ poor lass.

I best go shake a leg…have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by Nicos; 11-05-2022, 07:07 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Happy Birthday to Miss Nicos! Does Little Miss Nicos go to nursery? Our granddaughter has had everything going and she’s only 13 months old! Clearly whatever one has in the nursery they all have it…you know how nice it is to share. By the time she goes to school she’ll have an amazing immune system!!
      Not much on the cards today. Waiting to hear if OH is moving to another hospital today. I’m sure I’ll be able to keep myself busy.
      Have a great day everyone. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning

We have rain lots of it just what my garden and water butts needed.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, and happy birthday to your daughter, Nicos.

It's started raining here, a gentle rain that will soak into the ground if it keeps going. My little apple trees will appreciate it, yesterday their leaves looked quite droopy. Found an enormous snail blocking the spout of my watering can, no doubt it was a nice damp spot to overnight in, as I leave the can full of water so it won't blow about if the wind gets up.

Took my mum for a hearing review yesterday, her first for three years, since she was due to go just as the pandemic started and the appointment got cancelled. She has been complaining about her hearing aids not working properly, and it turned out her left ear was totally blocked with wax, which the audiologist removed. Then her hearing aids were re-programmed for the slight change in her hearing and the result on my mum was impressive. What a difference such a small thing can make. In fact, she says that yesterday was a lovely day out (and we only went to Boots and home again).
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Jay - this is the first illness Little Miss Nicos has caught and her first visit to the gp (apart from standard jabs)

Nope , she doesn’t go to nursery - spends almost 100% of her time on the farm ‘helping’ her mommy and daddy so I think she’ll catch a heck of a lot of things when she finally does start school.

MH - my mom used to love a ‘trip out’ in the car - sometimes just to the tip! Things we take for granted when we are independent eh?
            I think it’s just a change of scenery and a bit of people watching.
            You’ve reminded me of preCovid days when we went over to uk when she was in rehab following a fall. She’d not been out of hospital for nearly 3 months so I persuaded the staff to let me take her out in the wheelchair for a home visit ( I have a medical background)
            It was really heavily snowing ( very exciting!)and we stopped off at M&S so she could buy her favourite sandwiches and cream buns and we headed off to her flat to eat them. She sat in her own chair and burst into tears saying it was the best thing that’d ever happened to her. I’m sure it wasn’t but it’s all relative isn’t it?
            Glad you managed to give your mom some happy memories

Bren - please keep your rain a bit longer, the last bit of rain brought out so many new weeds in my gravel driveway

Right….brew time over…..
            Last edited by Nicos; 11-05-2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Good morning. According to the forecast it should be raining here too but, surprise, surprise, it's wrong again. We should have had a couple of hours worth by now ..... not a drop yet. I know when it will start....the minute I'm ready to go to the allotment. Quite windy, and not too warm yet either.

Happy Birthday to Miss Nicos, I'll raise a glass of red wine later. "Helping" on a farm sounds like the ideal start in life for baby Nicos. As a child I used to love spending time at the farm up the road. It's a good job my mother never saw the some of the things we got up to though!

I'll catch up later, keep your wellies handy.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                A little on the dull side but no rain.

Happy birthday to your daughter Nicos, hope she has a lovely day,
                tonsilitis, both my daughters had to have theirs removed.
                My eldest grandson had his removed as well.
                I dont thing they encourage that operation any more but if the infection keeps returning the chances are she will end up having a lot of antibiotic medicine.

Mothhawk, lovely to hear yourmm enjoyedher afternoon outlook it's the little things that count.

Ja, ourgrandson has been in nursery two years now, he picked up a few colds but otherwise beloved it.
                GF, I hope the rain stays off and you can get to your allotment.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What a waste of a day, so far. The promised rain eventually arrived and refused to depart in a hurry. It's still thick black cloud, windy and a chilly 11°C outside.

As the rain had set in earlier I decided to try and get my Lark sweetcorn seeds locally. Nobody had them. One of my local garden centres is now a complete nightmare where they make you walk around their never ending one way system (like Ikea , but without the shortcuts).Obviously they must think it encourages customers to buy more but when you want to run in and grab one thing quickly a half mile hike behind the "block the aisle by standing three abreast and dawdle brigade" is enough to make me want to blow a fuse. I hope I don't have to go there again in a hurry.....preferably never.

I eventually got home seedless and had to resort to the internet..... and waiting for delivery. In the end I have ordered them from a large supplier that I fell out with several years ago. Maybe they will surprise me!🤞If they do I will be extolling their virtues.

Off to prepare some food now!

Comment

• Evening our rain stayed until 2pm so the garden had a good soaking plus all my butts are full ​​​​​​

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all

change of plan this afternoon - we are going to get the wood tomorrow instead, so I spent 3 hrs cutting out dead stuff from various shrubs - and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
                      Got loads of twigs now to shred !

It looked like we were in for a storm earlier…everything went very dark and the wind got up enough to have to put the parasol down, but it didn’t happen, so it looks like I can get the front lawns cut tomorrow after all. Thanks for hanging onto the rain today Bren…can you manage one more day pretty please?

The farmer brought a dozen of his cows and their calves into the field behind ours the other day.
                      The little’uns are such fun to watch playing and chasing up and down the field en mass.
                      Frustratingly they bring the flies too so I’m going to have to hunt out the the magnetic fly screen for the back door. Given the choice I’d rather have the cows and flies than just an empty field behind.

Time for bed me thinks….see you in the morn - sleep tight
                      Last edited by Nicos; 11-05-2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Planted out Morning Glory and Nasturtiums to climb up an old fence.
                        Planted outCosmos, Corn Flowers and some more Sweet Peas.
                        Wedding on a daily basis as they seem to be growing overnight.
                        Had mygrandson this evening8nstead of tomorrow.
                        Good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning. I had an early (for me) night last night, 10.30pm. Consequently I awoke the first time at just gone 4am and gave in completely an hour ago. It's not sunny, but at least it's not raining either, 8°C and cloudy.

Mr GF has a podiatrist appointment at 9.15 this morning, and then hopefully the weather will let me go and do some more weeding and planting.

I really ought to book another visit to see the relative in the care home too. I'll try and talk Mr GF into going, (last time upset him.)

Time for coffee now!

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright but cold again this morning. Good. Mr Snoop is about to make me a coffee and then I'm off out to do a bit more of everything I didn't finish yesterday: chucking muck about and planting out. Also want to get more seeds sown. Plus, some paid work. Oh, and another mustang muck delivery. Having seen all the thistles that are growing faster than I can get rid of them, Mr Snoop has decided the mustang muck is a good buy even though it is expensive.

The smiles set off in a right jolly mood. I think they're going to be making a special visit to you, Bramble, as they're keen to see the daily wedding.

Thinking of you, @Rary.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first, then house stuff after that I'll be in the garden weeding and planting. Dandelions have shot up with yesterdays rain.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Yet another change of plan!…it’s turning into ‘what is today’s priority’.
                                No wood or grory hop in the end, nor today- hopefully tomorrow!

It’s a lovely morning here again although cooler. I need to get the shredder out today and get mulching - as well as diy.

Must dash, but hope everyone is ok.

My thoughts are going out to Flo this morning - I’ve not seen her around for a couple of weeks. Hopefully she’s on holiday.

Enjoy your day peeps

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X