Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, Cloudy but not too cool. Happy Anniversary Nicos and Mr. Nicos!
    bramble, so sorry to hear your sister is still in hospital, you are both in my thoughts. OH has been in for just over 4 weeks now and that’s been hard enough. Hope she is on the way to recovery. x
    On a less serious note the drawer front on my washing machine broke, the back of my front tooth came away last night and of course it had to be Friday and a large glass panel on my sons back door has a huge crack in it after a gust of wind caught it! Lucky white heather eh? Think I’ll stay in bed today!
    sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for all sick relatives on the vine.

Happy Anniversary Nicos and Mr Nicos. Hope your day is as romantic as the day you wed
      Last edited by mothhawk; 07-05-2022, 08:30 AM.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!….breakfast in bed for me…OH sneaked out and bought a selection of croissants, pain aux raisins etc etc. What a good man

It was supposed to be a sunny UV 7 day today but it actually looks like it’s going to rain!…maybe later……

Yeh…stay in bed Jay - I’ll bring you breakfast in bed
        Hope your tooth doesn’t actually hurt?

gf - I had to chuckle about your handbag contents too! I purposely bought a smaller bag so I couldn’t do things like that…and I often end up walking around with my bag unzipped as it’s too crammed full of things ( often for OH) to be closed. I seem to have a 5 metre metal tape measure in mine at the moment- and it’s flipping big!
        I have to ask why though…..THREE secateurs? You’re not one of those people who grab cuttings of other peoples plants are you? My MIL did that for years - most of her garden was made up of freebies.

I’ve just been watching 4 swallows picking up nesting material from our driveway. They always bring a smile to my face. Brave little things flying from Africa.

Right…best shake a leg….stuff to do!
        Enjoy your day peeps.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos, enjoy your anniversary.....it sounds like a good day for you so far.

The three secateurs ended up in my bag as my sister was helping me. One set for me, one for her ..... but I was giving her a choice of two different types of grip. It started to rain and they just needed to go somewhere dry... my handbag.

Heaven help anyone who I decide to hit with my handbag. It would probably be classed as a lethal weapon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Really sorry to read your latest post, Bramble. Being in hospital is depressing in itself. Is your sister back in the UK now? I remember you posting about the possibility of her being flown back but I don't remember if it actually happened.
            Snoop, she was flown home by air ambulance on April 1st.
            She lives in Dublin . My other sister lives in U,K.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Bright and sunny here so a bit of time in the garden.
              I have been asked to look after my grandson for a few hours this afternoon.
              I love having him but it's now a battle to get him to play outdoors rather that watch TV.

Jay, you are really going through the mill, thoughts and prayers for you.

Nicos , have a wonderful day.
              Take care and enjoy the sunshine.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                Snoop, she was flown home by air ambulance on April 1st.
                She lives in Dublin . My other sister lives in U,K.
                Ah, sorry for the mix-up over place. At least she must feel closer to home and be benefitting from more fluid communications with her nurses and doctors. Are you able to visit readily?

Comment

• Hugs to Bramble. Jay, a small cut can be deceptive, I caught my ankle on a rose bush many years ago, I still have the scar from the sepsis, so you and your OH are in my thoughts. I hope you and hubby are having a wonderful anniversary Nicos.

I’ve been to a record fair to pick up 45’s for my jukebox. I took a couple of friends with me who haven’t been out to anything like it or the pub since the pandemic started. We’ve had a fantastic day, spent too much money, and my friends were welcomed by people they haven’t seen for 2 years. I bought about 30 records, all very nostalgic. I’ve realised that 3 of them were never pressed to have the centres removed. I’ll have to think about that. The garden will have to wait til next week, I’m off to my daughters tomorrow.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Ah, sorry for the mix-up over place. At least she must feel closer to home and be benefitting from more fluid communications with her nurses and doctors. Are you able to visit readily?
                    Snoop, no apologies needed...Unfortunately I am not allowed to visit.
                    She is in high dependency unit until she gets stronger..
                    Hopefully that will be soon. 1💕

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• That must be very hard, bramble, not being able to visit. Keeping you in my thoughts.

You too, Jay22. What a terrible time you're going through.

Comment

• Didn't get up early enough to make the most of the day this morning. It gets quite hot out in the sun already. The weather here is a bit extreme.

Didn't manage to get the shallots and leeks out yesterday. But did plant out the red peppers, some lettuce and the first round of sweetcorn. Went out on a snail and slug hunt later on and it looks like we'll have a plague of slugs this year, though there are still plenty of snails. Had to rescue the lettuce from an onslaught of slugs. Grrr.

Today's jobs: this morning, shift some muck and barrels; this evening, a load of strimming to stop seeds from setting.

The smiles set off in a jolly mood, as they can see progress being made. Mr Snoop commented on how quickly I seem to be clearing beds in comparison with previous years. And he's right. By this time next week, I should have made some serious inroads into both patches. Am leaving the flowering brassicas as long as I can but their days are numbered. They're still heaving with all kinds of bees, so we'll all be sad to see them go.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Dull but no rain here this morning.
                          I’ve got masses of jobs needing doing - mostly diy and gardening - with a two week time limit to get them done. Nothing like having yr back to the wall as a form of motivation eh?
                          Yesterday I rewrote said list to help me focus…it’s doable at least

Janie- I’ve never heard of a record with no hole in the centre!
                          Are they actually more valuable?
                          I guess it would be almost impossible to manually make a hole dead centre. I did come up with the idea of piercing a hole in the middle using a compass then scraping out with a very sharp knife by turning the record repeatedly. Thing is, it needs to be 100% accurate for the needle to run in the groove. Hmm.
                          Have a look at these ideas (if they aren’t more valuable in that state!)…https://blog.njm.com/10-diy-projects...-vinyl-records
                          I rather like the click idea!

Right…best crack on as yesterday I actually did nothing at all constructive ( well- who can blame me!)

Enjoy your day peeps. Kettle’s on!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Another warm day here that I'll be spending in the garden lots of thing I want to get done at least I won't end up wet like I did with yesterdays GH washing.

enjoy your day.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. It's a pleasant morning here, 10°C and forecast to go up to 18°C.

Yesterday I got lots of weeding done at the allotment and lots of slug killing at the same time. There does seem to be more than ever this year. I intend doing more of the same today, along with strimming if it's dry enough. I actually wrapped a new line last night, not something I like doing at all. I noticed that one of my neighbours has planted out some tiny sweetcorn already which I am now keeping my eye on, as at double the size, mine are still hiding in the bathroom. I am obviously not as brave or foolhardy as they are.

I also managed to get Mr GF to video call his daughter who lives abroad. It mesmerises him that it's even possible even though he forgets half way through and she ends up inspecting his ear. He still has to be reminded that phones can move around and he's not tied to one place for the duration of the call so I think video really is in the realms of Star Trek for him.

I think I'll have an inspection of all the baby plants next and then off to attack the weeds and commit slugicide. (Glad I reread that sentence, predictive text changed it to suicide!!)

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                It's a beautiful sunny morning at 15degs.
                                Off to church shortly and I will probably spend the afternoon in the garden.

Snoop, the smiles came by earlier and were I great good humour.

Nicos, glad to hear you had a good day yesterday,
                                Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...