This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

By ‘eck - those smiles scooted by this morning…clearly on a mission !

Yesterday evening we finally had some rain. Not had any for a while so that was most welcome.
    This morning is calm with the sun breaking through - perfect for a day by the coast.

Dippy eggs and toasted brioche for breakfast? Do help yourselves…..we suddenly seem to be getting an excess of eggs

Enjoy your day peeps…one more week and it will be May
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all and what a beautiful morning it is.
      Wall to wall sunshine.
      Snoop, barely had I opened the curtains when the smiles arrived.
      They spent ages playing with the rogue squirrel who insists on coming into my garden.

I hope everyones ill relatives are making progress.

We are off to church shortly and then a day chilling out in the garden.
      Happy Sunday all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Really glad the smiles reached you today, Bramble. They were up and gone really early. Not even much of a chance to wave goodbye before the wind carried them off. It's very blowy here this morning.

Got a ridiculous amount to get through today, as I did next to nothing yesterday apart from some strimming. But even that not in the veg patch as we had intermittent showers and hailstorms, so I stayed close to the house. With any luck, though, the wind will have dried up the grass at least and I can have a check of the veg patch up by the house, which is now a jungle.

So, I'd better get a move on. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning everyone.

The sun's out but the wind is still chilly. The garden could really do with some rain, the soil is becoming dust. I'm using my water butt just for the plants in pots, but it is nearly empty, then I shall have to refill it with the hose. In April! I'm reducing the amount of pots I keep, but all the seedlings under their cloches laid out down the path need caring for. I'd plant some of them out, except the ground is so dry I'd have to keep watering them anyway.

Hope everyone's rellies are improving.

Have a lovely Sunday all.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Very overcast and windy here so far. I've spent most of this morning playing around in the kitchen. One lonely Crimson Crush (out of the replacement packet of 10 seeds I got last Saturday) has stuck it's head up so far but it is looking very lonely and lost on it's own. I hope it's pack mates join it soon.

We went Care home visiting yesterday. Considering it was Saturday and mid morning I managed to zap across to the other side of the city in record time. The visit was awful however so I won't go into detail. I just hope my body gives out before my brain.

I'm going to go to the allotment for a couple of hours next and I'll do some weeding and path strimming hopefully.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright day here today. Got a bit of work to finish off. Then out into the veg patch. Then a bit more work. Then back out into the veg patch. How's that for good work-life balance? The smiles did a gleeful dance on my behalf and then set off to see you all, with a special fly-by for you, greenishfing.

I've just checked the weather. Wish I hadn't. Nice today, cloudy tomorrow and another bout of significant rain starting Wednesday. Pah! Better get on with the show if I'm to make the most of today and tomorrow.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all. 6°C and cloudy here. Rain forecast before lunchtime. Not the nicest of days so far.

I managed to fit in a trip to a local garden centre yesterday afternoon as I needed a couple of bits. A few extras jumped off the shelves of course. I'm going to do some potting on today. I now have 2 little Crimson Crush seedlings (out of 10).

Snoop, if I spot the smiles I'll give them a wave as they go by.

Comment

• Morning

Its dropping cooler here night temps are back to 3 and 4c so my toms will be overnighting in the kitchen, other plans are on windowsills. I suppose its all good exercise carrying pots in and out

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Looks like we’re in for varying sun and cloud all week. Pity we have to crack on indoors with the diy.
                    We now have a definite time limit to get things done so we need to notch up several gears both indoors and out!

Such bliss having modern household appliances…the washing machine is on its third load and the dishwasher is doing its part!

Hope everyone is doing ok …and positive thoughts to struggling family members.

Enjoy your day peeps….kettle’s on.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      The sun is shining and its 9 degs.
                      Off out go have a walk in the park.
                      I need to return my library books as well.
                      Gardening in the afternoon..
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening,things seem to be growing fast now,got my side border all planted up,also 3 big planters, a dahlia in the centre,with 3 each of trailing bagonia,and lobelia,plus a pot with a pieris in,it was already here,it looks smashing with the flowers and red bracts,bean frames all ready,just want it frost free to,plant me out,
                        I have been booked a holiday week with the family later in the year,that will be all 4 generations together,looking forward to it,looks like I May need a new swimsuit of some kind,
                        hoping to start the hanging baskets tomorrow have got all I need,think am coming out of the other side,it is 11 months now,it is a job to comprehend what life as like before,how time flies any how night,night all
                        Last edited by lottie dolly; 25-04-2022, 09:03 PM.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all. Morning LD. Big hug and a special smile delivery for you.

Missed the gardening window this morning, as was busy with other things. Now getting a bit hot, but will do a bit of strimming later and some more weeding this evening. Plenty of work to fill the gap in between.

The smiles spent a while watching Frankie in the fields. No idea what he's hunting but he's bouncing up and down like a mad thing. The smiles couldn't make up their mind whether to laugh at his antics or feel sorry for the mouse. So they scarpered sharpish.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning everybody. Lottie, it is good to hear that you feel happier now. Enjoy swimsuit shopping.

Nicos, I agree completely about modern appliances. Life must have been so hard, unless you were rich and had servants, when everything was done by hand.

Still only two Crimson Crush seedlings, so I am not overly impressed but at least I can see lots of baby sweetcorn peeping out.

I think a grory hop either today or tomorrow as the only meat in the fridge is bacon (plenty in the freezer though) and we are down to one bottle of milk. Mr GF was muttering about the shortage of cooking oil when he'd heard about it. He calmed down when I reminded him that when we were young it was just not available and we didn't starve. We managed with butter, margarine, lard and dripping. I was trying to remember what we put on salads though when we couldn't make vinaigrette or mayonnaise at a few minutes notice. ..... Salad cream.... Eeuugghhhh! And double eeuugghh!!. Then I remembered how boring and bland the actual salads were in England too (certainly in our house anyway). Lettuce, tomato and cucumber......full stop. I'm happy to live in the 21st century for the food and modern appliances.

The sun is trying to peer out now and the allotment is beckoning. I'll go and behave like a medieval peasant for a few hours.

Don't work too hard everyone!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

te he you made me grin there gf….” Medieval peasant “ …love it!

Tis a day for celebrating…it’s my son’s burpday and he’s such a lovely lad - always sees the funny side of everything and great fun to be with. So raise a glass to him if you feel you need a good excuse to open a bottle of something midweek

Best crack on with more diy ( and hopefully gardening later) …it looks glorious outside.

Enjoy your day peeps.

Comment

• The sun has now decided to have a sulk and it feels cold out in the wind, particularly when stupidly wearing sandals...... Obviously part of my medieval peasant attire.

I called at Aldi while it was reasonably quiet and amazingly, for the first time in a couple of weeks got both a bottle of olive oil and a bottle of sunflower oil.😊 Still no boxes of tissues for some weird reason. They haven't had any for a couple of months. I've got plenty kitchen roll, loo roll and one box of tissues in the cupboard so it's not a problem ...... just a mystery🤔. I've got more seedlings ready for potting on here so I might do that later. They are the ones that got a severe talking to a couple of days ago and seem to have rallied round now.

I think by next week I'll have to start buying potatoes until my new ones are ready as last year's are just about finished....just as well as they are really starting to sprout now. I hope this year's crop is as good.

I'll raise a glass to your son Nicos.......No excuse required.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X