Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late morning here but it's a lively sunny day.

Jay, I am so sorry to hear what you, and Mr J has been going through.
    There is no visiting in the hospital where my sister is either which makes the situation doubly stressful.

Rary, still keeping your sister in my prayers.

My mother always said, your health is your wealth and idnt that just so true.

Try to have a good day all and enjoy the sunshine, those who have it.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've tried the strimmer. Not as bad to handle as I feared. And oh what mulch I shall have this year... I shall be looking at clumps of grass with a new appreciation now. Due to be dry Sunday and Monday. So a-strimming I shall go!

Comment

• Jay sorry to hear about MrJ I hope keeps on improving and can soon have his opp xx
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all

Just popped in to say hello.Bright and sunny here but there is still a 'nip' in he air. I was going to go fishing today but didn't deem it warm enough. I have instead finished my low dry stone retaining wall and am pleased with result. I have a narrow bed in front of a fence on top of it to fill with ornamentals now. I'm not a great fan of bedding plants so will beg, borrow/steal or at a push BUY some plants to go in it.

Ta ta for now.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Well…thanks for the crossed fingers -we came home with 4 brown point of lay chooks.
            We have been rewarded so far with 3 eggs!
            We might leave them overnight in the large double rabbit hutches to give them more time to bond before mixing them tomorrow evening with psycho/ bully crowing hen.

Sorry to hear about all the ill health issues - I send my positive thoughts to you all.

Its been a glorious day today - definately not forecast a couple of days ago!

Time to prepare supper though so I best go crack open some wine first……

Enjoy your evenings peeps
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening all,what a lovely day it has been,son came today and did some jobs for me,then it was to b&q ,came back with more compost ,paint for a breeze block wall,and lots of plants at bargain prices,so have hopefully enough for some hanging baskets as well as,the garden,
              Jay how awful for you both,wishing you all the best,good night ,sleep tight
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all.

Sending good wishes to all those with partners and relatives who are unwell, and wishing a speedy recovery for all.

Today has been a lovely day, my Mum's 104th birthday. The house is filled with flowers and chocolate, my mum's sons and GDs have visited, and the community nurse turned up to give Mum her Spring covid booster. Happiness all round

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mothhawk.
                  Happy birthday to your mother and sounds like she had a wonderful day.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Very many happies and congratulations to your mom MH. A fantastic age! Bet she sleeps well tonight!

Comment

• Morning all.

Special delivery of smiles to you and your mum, mothhawk. Sounds like you all had a lovely day.

Little bit of drizzle forecast for today, but for now it's sunny. Great to see. It was a very chilly night though. 3 ºC in the corral. It will have been a few degrees colder than that down in the fields.

Plenty of work to get through, but I'm going to make time for a bit of gardening later on if it stays dry. Fingers crossed. Some of my seedlings are definitely too spindly and leggy, so they'll need resowing too.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

A cool start here but its supposed to be sunny later birds are out and about we've a pair of Robins nest building in a lean-too next to the kitchen.

Belated birthday wishes to mothhawks mum xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
                          Definitely much cooler today, and windy too. I need to plant out the sweet peas, but I'm still undecided whether to put them in a row or up tripods. i've planted half a dozen by the climbing rose to see if they will grow up through that and use it as support, or latch on to the trellis behind, but what to do with the rest?

I'll have another brew and think on it. Plenty in the pot if anyone cares to join me, and if it's not too early, there's the remains of yesterday's Victoria sandwich cake in the tin.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning. Belated Happy birthday to Mothawk's mum.

It's 9°C here and overcast, but no rain forecast.

I've just done a windowsill plant inspection and some seedlings are looking a bit sulky. I've given them a good talking to, a bit of encouragement and some water. I hope they cheer up now. 🥰

Yesterday I got lots more weeding done and some rotovating. This morning my shoulders, biceps and triceps are complaining😣.

Nicos, I am trying to imagine your psycho/bullying crowing hen. She sounds like a cartoon character. I hope your new ones can cope with her.

I think one of today's jobs is planting more potatoes. They are definitely well chitted.

Oooooh, the sun has just poked it's head through a gap in the clouds.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely brew- thanks MH. I’ve taken a small piece of cake for later if that’s OK?…it smells so yummy!…what’s your secret to such a light sponge?

Our four new chooks are settling in well. They have paired up and the crowing bully seems to be a tad confused as to who to pick on so as long as they keep their distance I think all should be well.
                              We had 3 eggs from the newbies yesterday ! Fantastic or what?

We have very high cloud and the promise of hot sunshine later - so more stacking and cutting of wood today.

Cant believe it’s almost weekend again!

Enjoy your day peeps - I’m sure I saw those smiles doing somersaults in and out of our wispy clouds as they flew over….they’ve got some mischief in their veins today!

Comment

• Mornin gf….I wondered who was clattering around in the kitchen - was that you or MH humming? My dad was a great one for humming. You don’t hear people doing that much these days do you?

Chocolate…..chocolate is the remedy for aches and pains!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X