X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Te he…^^^^ I blame Snoop

Much more cloudy here today - it’ll give my sunburn a chance to cool off

And yes Rary…how did you know? Nattering has definitely been the order of the day!

We all need to burn off some calories so it’s going to be a gardening day - our friends love gardening .
    It’s funny how gardening in someone else’s garden is more exciting. I love weeding in my sons garden - I suppose it’s the checking out of different plants and weeds etc isn’t it?

First things first - breakfast and a brew . And yes of course Rary……a bit more of a natter

kettle’s on- help yourselves!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

GF it was raining here when I went to bed around 12-ish last night by the look of the garden it didn't rain for long though.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        It’s funny how gardening in someone else’s garden is more exciting. I love weeding in my sons garden
        Nicos, would you like to adopt me😁
        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 18-04-2022, 08:24 AM. Reason: fixed quote
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

The smiles were a bit sluggish this morning, I have to say. And very noisy too. Now I know why. Just as well you explained all that, Nicos, as I now know they were all trying to make bell clanging noises. Not very easy for smiles to get right and I had no idea what was going on. Anyway, I've told them to visit northern climes first and drop in on Nicos on their back, so they should reach you all in reasonable form.

So today's plan: get rid of a load more thistles and maybe sprinkle a few borage and other flower seeds before the next round of rain and hope it isn't quite as cold as the forecasts say it's going to be. Another 60 mm of rain forecast between Tuesday and Friday, then drizzle for a few days before another few days of heavy rain. There seems to be no let up this year. Meanwhile, the weeds grow apace.

Hope you all have a great day. Hope your sister's recovering well, Bramble.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Sunny, dry and 9 degs.
            The smiles came by earlier.
            They appeared and a bit sluggish, I expect it was from over indulgence yesterday.
            Hoping to pot on some cosmos, cornflowers and plant out the last of the sweetpeas.
            Have a good bank holiday all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning. 7°C and hazy sunshine so far. It actually feels cold so the heating is on. I think the maximum forecast is only 13°C today with scattered showers.

I'm taking Mr GF for his covid Spring booster later this morning in a local supermarket car park. Depending on the weather I might decide to do a grory hop then.

Again a trip to the allotment depends on where and how heavily the showers are scattering themselves.

Comment

• Mornin gf n’alln’all

Sounds like we have similar weather.
                We got the lawns cut yesterday so it’d be good to get some weeding done today to tidy up the boarders…mainly of my old strawberry bed which I want to put over to wildflowers. There are loads of self seeded flowers in other borders which I can transplant in there and then sprinkle some wild flower seeds between and they can fight it out. Survival of the fittest!

Apart from that I guess more nattering will go down a treat!

Anyone fancy a brew?…the table is set. Fresh fruit salad, muesli and yogurt followed by brioche and homemade jam . My melon jam seems to be going down a treat!
                Do feel free to help yourselves.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Enjoy your breakfast, Nicos. Sounds yummy.

All good here. Had an excellent long weekend. Mr Snoop helped in the main veg patch and I tackled some of the weeds in the main fruit patch. The fruit trees are looking good but four of the vines still look dormant when I would have expected them to be showing a leg by now. The strimmer should at last arrive this week. Some time... Eventually... I've left the fenced veg patch to its own devices and it now looks terrifyingly overgrown.

Frankie is turning into a tremendous hunter. Yesterday, he caught a juvenile ladder snake. Fortunately I spotted it in his jaws and managed to get him to drop it so it could slither away. We have blue tits nesting in a very accessible hole in one of our olive trees. I hope he doesn't spot them, though it'll be hard for him not to notice them once the chicks start squawking.

More rain due to start any time now. Today won't be too bad, but tomorrow will be another deluge. I'm leaving the plants out today, just so's they get used to the wet. But not sure about tomorrow. But it's just as well it's going to rain for a bit, as I have rather a lot of work to get through. So being stuck at the computer will be a good thing for the next few days.

The smiles shot off early this morning. Perhaps they heard the melon jam jar opening. Anyway, should be with you all at some point today.

Have a great day, everyone.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 19-04-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A beautiful sunny morning but it's just 8 degs so far.
                    Off to the park for a walk shortly, I havnt been for a while.
                    Some gardening 8n the afternoon.
                    Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning. I woke up the first time before 6am and I remember thinking I was wide awake and there was no chance of falling back to sleep......and then suddenly it was 8am.

It looks quite a nice morning. 6°C and sunny at the moment.

We're both having our hair cut this morning. No doubt a chance to catch up on all the local gossip too. I think this afternoon I'll do some more weeding and plant some seeds.

Comment

• Good morning all and where is everybody?
                        It's a beautiful morning here, not a cloud in the sky.
                        An outdoor day for me.
                        First a walk in the park and then outt9 the garden.
                        Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, though it'll be afternoon here by the time I've finished typing this.

It is absolutely pouring again. The dogs are well and truly fed up.

Mr Snoop is off into town to buy me some different compost (third time lucky I hope, as the second lot isn't great) and to pick up some parcels, including the strimmer at long last. Which means buns have had to be made as gifts. Not owning up to how many we've eaten but there were three different types made... No, we didn't eat three, but nearly... The smiles did a very quick tour of the kitchen, lapping up the smells before heading off. They were gone before the mini bundt cakes came out the oven and just as well as a couple of them were a bit burnt. I shall trust Nigella's recipe for the next time I get a hankering to make those again.

Loads of work for me to get through, which is just as well as there's not much else to do today. Oh, the rain has just eased up, so I'll take the dogs for a quick stretch of the legs.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,I ended up out for the night Monday,was good,there were a family of ducks on the pond,3 very tiny babies,1of the shetlands was after mints,so entertaining 😁with the antics employed,have lost the sharp pain,but still feel like I been kicked by a boss with general pain ext,have just doing carrot seeds,have come in for a rest,am only preparing a row at a time,them smiles are extra happy today,must be all they are feeding en route,I am having a time with dobies,will have to ring and find out were are my plants and seeds,it seems like the delivery peeps,sent a email saying delivery time after,they said,sorry none in ext,but I was,and would try again as yesterday,not a sausage,I did leave the porch door slightly ajar,stil no contact,and I cannot get them,head from a person they had the same bother,l really-want my money back,as it it bare rooted strawberry plant,and surely will be to dry by now,Bramble how is your sister doing,anyway a snack with a drink,then finish the carrots,next is the snips 😊CU later
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening, on here to pass some time, sound terrible but have been making myself busy all day and done nothing, sadly waiting on word about my older sister,I want to be there but have always felt at times like this her children are better having privacy, need to go just can't concentrate, keep safe and pass on a smile it will help, especially if its returned. Goodnight and God bless
                              ​​​​​​
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.

Lottie, against all the odds my sister seems to have turned a corner and is slowly improving..
                                No visitors allowed but the nurse let her husband speak by phone.this morning and she knew who it was, so we are cautiously optimistic that there might not be any brain damage, Thank you for Asking Littie.

Rary, I am sorry to hear your sister is I'll and I will keep her in my prayers.

Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...