Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all nice morning here,think of making a list of what I should be doing garden wise,suddenly seems a lot,got ideas and plans ahead of my mojo,hence a list,I will get there,hoping to see more of my mojo with these lighter nights and Warner times,have a good afternoon see you later,time to get tarted up for my time out
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

Grory hop first thing then either gardening or house stuff since. Tea and fruit loaf time just now store bought not homemade though.

A lovely sunny day here
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
        Rain has stopped my gardening so just having a break.

For any peeps who do Wordle, here is another one.
        Its called The Waffle game.
        Much like Woedle but with more challenges.
        Ideal when you're having a tea break.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Looks like it’s almost a full moon?

What amazing weather today…. I’ll send some of it your way tomorrow with the smiles if you ask them to stop by Snoop.

The waffle game bramble?……*tootles off to look it up…..
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

ooohh….Waffle game was interesting…will have a go at a few more - thanks for that!

We have a very damp but lovely start to the day. It’s going to be a hot one apparently.
            The smiles set off early didn’t they snoop?….They’ve set off again with baskets full of sunshine for everyone. Enjoy x
            ( Some were very tempted to have a nibble of those chocolate cornflake nests I’ve made so forgive them if the baskets have sticky chocolatey handles)

Our friends arrive soon - yip yip!
            Commiserations to any of you stuck in holiday traffic - I hear it’s been pretty awful

Right - I best crack on - croissants and brioche with homemade jams for breakfast if anyone cares to join us?

Enjoy yourselves this weekend peeps - and don’t overdo the gardening and UV!
            Last edited by Nicos; 15-04-2022, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• Morning all. Mmmm... brioche with home-made jam - delicious, I'll have some please Nicos and fresh made tea. lovely.

Looks like it's going to be sunny today, which makes a change for a Bk Hol. I can never understand why people are happy to sit in a traffic jam for hours to get to a beach or beauty spot. I'd be too frazzled to enjoy it once I arrived.

Have a lovely weekend all.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Looks like we're all sharing the sunny weather perfect for spending in the garden.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• A strange morning here. Mr GF overbalanced at the allotment yesterday afternoon and ended up on the ground. I helped him up and he trundled around for a while and then we came home. By bedtime last night he struggled to stand and put any weight on his right leg, but we managed to get him to bed.

This morning he can't get out of bed and can't put any weight on it. He is a lot taller than me and weighs 1½ times my weight so we have a problem. Just waiting for a paramedic to ring me back.

Comment

• So sorry to hear about Mr GF, hope it's nothing too serious.

Good morning all.
                    The sun didnt reach us yet but there is still time.
                    My daughter and grandaughter are coming over today.
                    We are setting up an Easter egg hunt for my 3 year old grandson.
                    His parents are gone to a wedding so I am looking after him.

We have a couple of family birthdays over the weekend but we wont go out to celebrate until the weekend is over.
                    Enjoy the time with your friends Nicos.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good news! Slowly through the morning Mr GF improved and by lunchtime was able to get out of bed, put some weight on his leg and make it as far as the bathroom. I cancelled the paramedic. Hopefully he'll slowly improve. I was dreading A & E (again) on a Bank holiday. He has had a stern warning from me about being more careful (water off a duck's back, no doubt). He's up, dressed and watching TV in his recliner now.

The weather here today has not lived up to expectations. It's thick cloud, but warm.

Comment

• Afternoon all,that's good news GF,have a good time with your friends nicos,made my list,and got some more done,so that is good,I seem to have got trapped nerves again,lower back etc,so it's been ,a do a bit, squeak ,rest ,then carry on day,but am pleased with what I got done,next big thing for me is racking the veg plot,especially when I got to get soil from 1 end,After the rotivator,my arms and Back Do not like it ,but needs must loads missing
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

And another sunny day ahead!
                          I’ve been listening to several jackdaws chatting away to each other. One looked like it was feeding another but they’ve not had young yet so presumably that’s part of their courtship?

Last night we heard the frogs down by the river all croaking in unison. They’ll do that now for a few days whilst spawning. They start calling when it gets dark and suddenly stop abruptly before midnight.

OH heard his first cukooo the other day too….but it’s not been heard since so it’s clearly headed north and one of you lucky peeps might just get to hear him sooner than later!

More eating and nattering today. The chocolate nests went down a treat!.
                          Urmmmmm….what’s happened to Cadbury’s mini eggs? They seem smaller and more pointed. Still just as yummy, but why on Earth change then?

Right…got pizza dough to make for later.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend
                          See ya later peeps

Comment

• Morning

Another sunny day here today and it looks like its here for the next few days.

Lets hope Mr GF keeps on improving.

enjoy the Bank holiday weekend.

Comment

• Morning all. It's still grey and overcast here but hopefully it will improve.

Mr GF is up and about I'm happy to say. My sister was really happy and surprised to receive the "Easter" pudding.

I'm hopefully going to have a good few hours at the allotment today. I need to weed. I'm hopeful that I might get the replacement tomato seeds today too.

I am watching the local pigeons on the fence just outside my window. One, obviously male, individual has decided that Spring has arrived and has just one thing on his mind and another, female pigeon I assume, is leading him a merry dance up and down the fence.

Well I need more coffee so I'm heading for the kitchen. I'll leave extra for anybody to grab.

Comment

• morning all,another nice day,the smiles have arrived early,am going to try rake the ground this morning,and take today from there,it is nice having all the slidding doors open,mmmmm fresh air,as for easter,it's just a normal weekend here,so far,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X