This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for hoarding and storing...

I think Mr Snoop is a hoarder and I'm a storer. He's pretty sure it's the other way round.

Comment

• Morning all,glad he can hear better GF makes all the difference,sounds like you got a lot of wet stuff Snoop,you been working hard Nicos filling up the larder and freezer,am awaiting my GGB's for a few hours of fun ,have a good day all and Bgood2yourselves .
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all you hoarders and storers. The only thing I hoard/store seems to be jam, simply because I love making it, especially with free, wild fruits, but actually I don't eat much of it, so tend to give it away to family. If anyone has ideas or recipes for using jam, other than on toast on in cakes, I'd love to hear them.

Some smiles have arrived here, Snoop, and they say the sun is not far behind them, so it's going to be a warm day.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

It was a tropical 10.7c low in my GH overnight the warmest this year. I'd have left my toms in there if I'd realised.

Mothhawk I can't help with jam uses I only really use it on toast, pancakes, sponge puddings and my morning oatmeal I seem to have 4 jars on the go in the fridge Raspberry, Damson, Rhubarb, orange and ginger then a Blackberry and apple, then lots more upstairs in a box.

enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. It's not raining here and the sun is actually trying to find it's way between the clouds to make an appearance. Everything is still very wet however.

Mothawk, I make lots of jam too, although I don't eat a lot myself, only in Victoria sponge cake. Mr GF more than makes up for me however. Back in the dark ages, when I was at school, one of my favourite puddings was vanilla ice cream with a small ladle full of just warm, and therefore runny, jam. Yummy! It amazes me how many people have never tried proper homemade jam, jelly and marmalade and their reaction when they do.

Speaking of preserving, I am still trying to find a recipe for my Indian chutney as the link no longer works, but the actual chutney has matured well.

Oooohhhh! The sun is out🌞 and it is already 10°C.

The thing I really used to hoard, I started as a young child, was books (thrillers and crime fiction). I used to find it hard to pass a charity shop or secondhand book stall. Even my local doctor's surgery used (pre-covid) to have a table full of books and raised money for charity with donations. I used to get anxious if my unread pile at home dropped too low.

The sun has disappeared again but at least it feels less like Winter🥶

Don't work too hard everyone .

Comment

• Good morning all.The sun has just come out.
              We had a whole day of rain yesterday so I am going to make the most of the good weather today.
              Glad Mr GF got his ears sorted. My mother used to,have her ears syrenged and she hated it.
              Hoarding, yes, I cannot part with books and so there are a lot of them stored on book cases in the attic.
              For the first time I have run out of home made jam, however the fruit is in the freezer whenever the mood takes me.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Glad for Mr. GF getting his ears cleared, but not necessarily an advantage for him, speaking from experience, its handy to be able to turn a hearing aid off 😁 it has been a busy morning, up the town for some messages then walked the dog, just when I returned from the walk my daughter turned up to see if I would pick up a table for her, though her car looks bigger than mine it doesn't have the same room, so after that lunch, which I have just finished and now going out to plant some lily bulbs, enjoy the day and smile🙂🙂
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                  Glad for Mr. GF getting his ears cleared, but not necessarily an advantage for him, speaking from experience, its handy to be able to turn a hearing aid off 😁 it has been a busy morning, up the town for some messages then walked the dog, just when I returned from the walk my daughter turned up to see if I would pick up a table for her, though her car looks bigger than mine it doesn't have the same room, so after that lunch, which I have just finished and now going out to plant some lily bulbs, enjoy the day and smile🙂🙂
                  Rary, Mr GF has always got convenient selective hearing with or without his hearing aids.

Comment

• Afternoon,another good day,and shopping done,as for selective hearing,it is after all an invention of man himself,my pack off 72 plug plants arrived this morning,so have another job,still waiting for the strawberries ,so I have plenty to do if the weather behaves,plus finally rake the main patch,and get seeds in,they are waiting in a tin to be let out,I am guilty of hording fabrics and related stuff,Az well as seeds,but I need to have a clear out of what is not viable any more,so next year i can have a reliable start,
                    Last edited by lottie dolly; 13-04-2022, 04:11 PM.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning everybody! I have just had over nine hours of sleep... practically unheard of. It's 9°C and very overcast, no rain forecast, but no sun either.

Sutton's did email me on Monday to say they were replacing my tomato seeds. I've been waiting in anticipation ever since. I got another text yesterday, Wednesday, to say they've actually dispatched them.

Next job, once their breakfast time is over, is to ring the care home and see if they are clear of covid and allowing visiting over Easter.

Then, when Mr GF is organised, down to the allotment.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        What a stunningly sunny start to the morning.
                        If it weren’t for the brown blossom instead of leaves on the trees it looks like a summer’s morning.

A few more domestics this morning then I’m going to make chocolate cornflake nests for the weekend.
                        I’ve found my granny’s bunny jelly moulds so I can make those tomorrow ready for Sunday.

I scooted around the garden yesterday looking for daffs for the Easter table but they’ve finally given up the ghost so it looks like a vase of dandelion flowers again this year!

A couple of friends ( besties) are arriving tomorrow for 10 days. They’ve been isolating before they set off so from the word go we’ll be in our own safe bubble. They were the last people to stay with us before the pandemic and it really feels like a very long 2 years.
                        Still….we’re all getting really excited!
                        Loads of outdoor stuff to get on with if we feel like it but this is going to be a proper holiday for us all!…yippee!

Whats everyone else up to for Easter?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

So total rainfall of 95 litres / 9.5 cm per square metre over 24 hours (the forecast was for 25/2.5). The ground is sodden again. And I've taken gardening leave... Very bad timing. Drizzle tomorrow and Sunday and then quite a bit more rain due on Tuesday next week, when we'll also be back to near frost temperatures for a few days. Pah! On a positive note, no rain run-off down the big drainage channel in the valley, so all sopped up. Plenty of irrigation water in the aquifer that our well draws on, then.

Not very sure what to do with myself today, though. I suppose I could try and get ahead of myself with some other work, but I'd rather set my heart on getting beds ready. I suppose I could make hot cross buns and pastry... Doubtless the smell of spices will bring the smiles back, so I'd better put them off till much later so that the smiles aren't distracted from visiting you.

Anyway, whatever you're up to today, have a great day.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-04-2022, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Oh yum…hot cross buns eh?…mmmmm…. Mine arrive by friendly courier tomorrow along with a whole pile of shopping I can’t get here!
                            Dare I say I’m almost as excited at the anticipation of munching my way through a packet of Cadbury’s mini eggs as I am at seeing our friends again I must remember my manners and avert my eyes from the shopping bags for at least the first few minutes!…te he…
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A mild but misty start to the day.
                              Some bits and pieces to pick up this morning so I need to go shopping.
                              No other plans for the rest of the day.
                              Plenty to do in the garden.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm waiting in for the gasman to come and fit a smart meter. I don't particularly want one but the gas company has been nagging at it for over two years. The time slot is between 8am and 12pm so been up and got everything done that needed electricity or gas really early. The man has just now called to say he'll be here about 11am.
                                So, up unnecessarily early, and a bit of a wasted morning, and I'm wanting to make hot cross buns for tomorrow and refill the biscuit tin. Can't do any of that till he's been and gone. it takes 2 hours apparently - typical to come over the lunchtime period.

Better go and check the spiders haven't returned to the meter cupboard after being carefully re-located yesterday.
                                have a good day all.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X