Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.50am. Good morning. I've been awake for an hour already and the thought of coffee has pulled me out of bed. It's 1°C and frosty here, white roofs and cars but the central heating is on.

I think we might have better weather today. Yesterday we kept getting hailstones on and off and the wind was icy but the washing did more or less dry outdoors.

Today the temperature might just reach double figures and I might plant some potatoes, salad leaves and radishes.

I like the tranquility of this time of morning on a Sunday.

Comment

• While I was feeling laid back and tranquil I have just emailed Su****s Seeds as I planted all the other Crimson crush tomatoes and Sungold seeds. In total not a single Crimson Crush has germinated and only three Sungold. It looks as if I might be overrun with cucumbers and aubergines that were planted at the same time however. The aubergine was old seed and I planted plenty with the expectation of poor germination......

Experience and age has taught me I complain more lucidly when I am calm. Let's see if Su****s have a decent customer service dept.

Comment

• Ta muchly for the brew Rary - much appreciated.
        As expected , we had a very heavy frost. So pretty!
        I’m having a slow start to the day as I definitely over did things yesterday I never learn .

Good for you gf…let’s hope a) for a quick response an b) they do something about it. If people don’t complain then they wouldn’t know there was a problem and hopefully adapt accordingly.

Enjoy your day peeps…whatever mischief you get up to
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Try not to overdo it Nicos, you think, just this bit and that bit, forgetting your age, it's one of the things I have marked down in my book for when I get old, Don't Overdo Things, remember there's always tomorrow,😁
          Last edited by rary; 10-04-2022, 09:19 AM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning. Sending a special delivery of smiles to rary. Nice to see you this time of day and thanks for the cuppa.

I do Wordle, Nicos, and Quordle most days. Good distraction, but Quordle takes me quite a bit longer.

Chilly night here last night. Cold enough for a touch of frost down in the fields again, but bright now. Quite a lot more rain forecast for the coming week. Bit more seed sowing for me today (squash and melons) but that will be my sole contribution to gardening today.

You've had terrible luck with Suttons this year, greenishfing. Sorry to gloat, but I'm pleased to report my old poached egg plant seeds are starting to come up. Bought from Premier Seeds Direct, packed for sowing by 2019. I shall sow some more, now that they look like they're worth doing.

Mr Snoop is about to serve me beans on toast for brunch so better I'd better go and get the cutlery.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

An early start to gardening, I've been out sowing seeds and moving plants around. I've mixing my sourdough that will be going in the oven around 3pm along with some scones and pizza's. All while still wearing my pj's don't say its only me who does this.
              No real plans for the rest of the day just messing around in the garden and going for a walk.

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Dull and grey with a temp of 7 degs.

No plans for the day but that may change later.

Nicos, yes, I do Wordle every day and do the one in Irish as well.

My sister had had a setback in her recovery.
                She had an infected bone in her head and had an operation late last night.
                We are all so worried as to how het body can cope with.

Hope you all have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thinking of you and your sister, bramble.

Comment

• Morning all.

That sounds bad, Bramble, hope your sister improves quickly.

I do wordle too, but I need to go and find out what quordle is, not heard of that one.

edit - quordle is more fun than wordle!
                    Last edited by mothhawk; 10-04-2022, 11:09 AM.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• mothhawk, if you like Quordle you should try Octordle
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Afternoon all,what a nice day although not overwarm,sorry to hear about yours sister bramble,my thoughts are with you all,rary you do make me smile,bet your nothing like it had a bad night early morning,finally got sleep after 3.30 ish,my tummy was so uncomfortable,anyway I am much better so far today,see how the day goes,got things i can do but ????????,suppose I better start in the poly and sort them tipped up trays ,plus it'l be warmer,a positive today is,I finally got an egg from all of my girls,wow,see you later
                        Last edited by lottie dolly; 10-04-2022, 11:56 AM.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          Morning

An early start to gardening, I've been out sowing seeds and moving plants around. I've mixing my sourdough that will be going in the oven around 3pm along with some scones and pizza's. All while still wearing my pj's don't say its only me who does this.
                          As far as I'm concerned, your the only one that does that Bren😊
                          Now need to go and find out what pj's are🤔

Thinking of you and your sister bramble, hope everything comes OK, God bless
                          Last edited by rary; 10-04-2022, 12:22 PM.
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Not quite so cold out this morning (plus 6 ºC). Hazy cloud in the sky and rain due this afternoon and through till Thursday midday. Ah well, plenty to do indoors. Especially today. I'll be glad when today's over, in fact.

Martin H, I looked at Octordle but it's too much for me: I only have a smallish screen and I like seeing all the words displayed at once, which is possible with Quordle but not Octordle. Good on you if you can manage it.

The smiles scarpered when I started bringing my seed trays out. What a lot of toing and froing! Anyway, the smiles said they wouldn't take any diversions this morning so should be with you early.

Have a great day everyone. Hope the Covid sufferers are doing OK.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              More domestics today for me.
                              Yesterday apart from cutting one of the lawns I was jumping up and down on curtains in the bath tub!
                              Thats one way of getting lovely clean feet! I tell you what though, I wouldn’t have lasted long trampling grapes for a living

More of my sweet peas are germinating on wet kitchen roll so I best get those potted up as they are already looking a tad leggy.

Apart from that I’ve not really hot much news .
                              I did try quordle and although I managed it , it took the pleasure: effort ratio outside my limits. The octordle I’d never heard of - and that looks bonkers! Not my idea of fun/ satisfaction. I’m better with numbers and tend to enjoy a difficult suduko.
                              This morning’s challenge for me though will be waxing and polishing up the wooden furniture without pasting it everywhere else at the same time!
                              Time for a brew I reckon?
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. 7°C here and overcast, but no wind or rain.

Good wishes for you and your sister, Bramble. I hope all goes well.

I've never heard of Wordle, Quordle etc. Obviously I'll have to google them now. I used to do a crossword and sudoku every day for years but for some reason I stopped.

I want to go to the allotment as soon as Mr GF is organised. Lots to do.

We shall see if Su****s reply to my email today. I did get an automated response saying they had received it, so at least it is not lost in cyberspace.

Did treading the curtains work, Nicos? At least you ended up with clean feet, not dyed feet! A friend of mine dyed her legs and a hotel bathtub blue when sitting in it trying to shrink her new jeans many years ago.

Time for another coffee.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X