Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, quite a nice day today, took the dog a walk and went to a local field and while there I watched a roe deer moving through some bushes, then it moved off barking a warning, later on in the day when I was back out there were three deer moving about, after the first walk I needed to go for petrol, so offered to take OH out for a coffee, also offered to take daughter and her youngest son and I even offered to pay so was getting ready when daughter phoned back to say she couldn't manage as she had something to do, quite sure OH thinks I knew that, and thats why I offered to pay, anyway went for the petrol then the coffee and ofcourse I paid, though OH paid the petrol, £53 so I suppose I can't complain, well not too much once back home went a walk with the dog after that I even washed the car, then when checking the tyres, got pelted with hail, after tea was out in the greenhouse for a time.
    ​​​​​No Snoop theh hot bin is made up with bits and pieces not a kit, kits cost money and I don't have any
    Keep safe, think of others when out and please, give a smile. Goodnight
    Last edited by rary; 08-04-2022, 10:32 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning. A cold and sunny one again here. It froze hard in the night. I had a peep out in the early hours and the world was white.

I want to go and do some work at the allotment today, weather permitting.....it might be.

Rary, am I getting this right? You took your OH out for a coffee, and while out, she paid for you fill your petrol tank? Mmm...... I think that's what you said.

Comment

• Good morning, gardeners.

Like Nicos, I left some of my seedlings out last night. Made a big difference, not having to haul so many trays out this morning into the sunshine. Wasn't expecting the weather conditions. The forecast says cloudy. However, it's very windy, so what with that and the sunshine, I can see I'm going to be watering them repeatedly today. More seed sowing on the cards for this weekend now I've got a new bag of compost and vermiculite and perlite.

Somewhat like Mrs Rary, I've given Mr Snoop a great load of jobs to get through over the next few days. Number one: fix the gate to the area of veg patch where I will at last be planting out my potatoes. Perfect chits and perfect weather conditions, so it's go time for them.

After the gate, Mr Snoop has special dispensation to go off to a local medieval and wine fair, so fingers crossed he doesn't pick up the plague. Me, I'm stopping in with the dogs and getting some work and weeding out the way. Oh, and a bit of baking. So that's more washing-up for Mr Snoop, but I don't think he'll mind.

My glee was rather infectious this morning and the smiles set off in a right giggly gaggle. Hope they arrived at your places in similar style.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Looks like you've come up with a good design, Rary. Hope it works well for you.

Comment

• All going to plan here apart from catching Mr GF sticking a knife into the toaster while it was toasting!!

The wind is so strong the washing is nearly constantly horizontal on the line. The only problem is it is a really cold wind. I've set meat off in the slow cooker and can just smell it. Off to the allotment next.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I know gf! I had to read that twice too.

No frost this morning after all! Maybe if it stays dry I could at least cut the smallest back lawn this afternoon.

I was up early this morning and have done loads of washing and drying, and the dishwasher has been earning its living too!
              Oh- thank goodness for mod cons eh?
              I’ve now got some ironing to crack on with - my granny used to heat her iron using her open fire….yet another mod con for me!
              Actually, that reminds me about my mom saying she used to iron her hair flat using a flat iron heated from the fireplace.
              I have a few French antique irons - (not in good condition) and you actually put small pieces of burning wood and embers inside it to heat the ironing plate. They are blinking heavy too!Can you imagine having to spend all day ironing and starching for a family using one of those
              I often reflect on those comparisons…..

Right…brew over and I best crack on.
              See ya later peeps
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Did you know you cup an get wooden tweezers for toasters gf? I bought my mom one when I spotted her doing the very same thing.
                I seem to recall it was about £3 so money well spent.

Comment

• Crumbs, GF. My jaw dropped just reading that. Can't imagine what it would have been like seeing it.

Wooden tweezers sound good. I was wondering about one of those old-fashioned toasters that have drop-down sides. But you'd have a fire if the toast got forgotten.

It has to be said that buns for breakfast might not be healthy calorie-wise, but they are pretty safe electricity-wise.

Comment

• Re the toaster. I wouldn't care but all he had to do is press the eject button which actually lights up as an option as soon as you lower the toast. It wasn't jammed. I have told him that if he does it again the toaster is going in the bin!!

Comment

• HI all,the weather keeps changing it's mind ,oh dear GF,lets hope he listens to you,Good luck with all the planting Snoop,i looked in the poly not long ago,to see the newly planted sweet peas,and yet to germinate courgetts,plus some winter squash seed,now i not know what is what,i just left them and walked out for now, anyway,i did not wake up till 10 to midday,so had had a really good night,then without warning down came that veil off emotions,no idea why or what for,must be a bit rundown eh,i will get over it,all i can do is rest,on a positive spent some time yesterday in my den resizing the size of my dummy with foam,hopfully i have cracked it,just needs finishing off,in the mean time am waiting for MR WILL POWER to message me ,have a good afternoon all
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• If OH caught me doing that GF, she might think, everything going to plan🙄 and yes you got it right, I paid the coffee, OH paid the petrol, I am now waiting on the question being asked, "where did I get the money to pay for coffee, after all I'm a married man, where did I get money, without asking for it😒 T be honest we have a very good understanding, what's mine is hers, what's hers is her own🤔
                        Its a nice day here today, sunny but a cool wind blowing but sheltered it nice and warm, planted out some onions this afternoon, I have had them sitting out under the micromesh, started off under a poly tunnel then fleece which was removed about a week ago and now planted, I haven't watered them in but will water them tomorrow morning, so they are not sitting in wet soil overnight, Snoop I know you looked at my other post, but after reading that you could be constantly watering I would recommend that you try seramis you might get it cheaper in Spain I think it comes from Germany, so that put the cost up here, but it would be worth while you getting some clay pellets to give that a try, if they work saves both time and money, well I think we are for having a fish supper for tea tonight, so will try and talk OH into going to Ardrossan for them, oh and I might just manage to get some seaweed 😁enjoy you evening, keep safe and pass on a smile
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice, Rary. Brilliant. Enjoy your fish supper.

Comment

• Evening, the day started out frosty but the Sun scared it away, it's been cool but sunny ever since.
                            ​​​​​​Nipped out shopping then spent time in the GH not sure were the rest of the day went
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all…or should that be ‘pre-mornin n’alln’all’?

well, I worked on domestics near enough from 9am- 7pm then promptly fell asleep in front of the TV I didn’t even bother with eating I was so tired . OH made a yummy Thai curry and I just had a taste of it as I headed for bed stupidly early.
                              I’m surprised the iron didn’t go on strike- I ‘ve only used it for about 5 minutes in the last two and a half years!

Needless to say ,I’m wide awake now
                              Is anyone doing the ‘Wordle’ thingy? I check it out most days if I remember.

Deffo a gardening day tomorrow if the weather stays ok - I need some fresh air after a day indoors.

Comment

• Good morning, slight touch of frost this morning but not many clouds about so the sun will shift it, I am sterilising som burn sand just now, I will check on the hot bin to see if the temperature is rising, though that will be after church, just now I am off for a cuppa, care to join me?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X