This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Grey and breezy here with a temp of 10 degs and its dry.
    Continuing to weed, tidy and generally knock my garden back into shape after the winter.
    Cutting back the dahlia foliage from last years plants and emptying all the spent compost from last years tomatoes around them.
    Getting the bed ready to plant the sweetpeas out shortly.

LD, hope you feel better today.

The smiles passed by ages ago Snoopl I could hear them chattering.

Have a good day all whatever you're doing.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Mornin n’alln’all Looking forward to seeing your hot composter Rary….are you following plans or just experimenting?

Right…who fancies a brew?
      Plans!! who follows plans?
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, it has been raining here all day, which means I couldn't get out and had to do some housework and now that's done, its still raining, so think I will just sit and read a book, or possibly make a presentation up for the garden club, might do one on composting, so will start it off with making a cheap hot composter will need to get the camera out as any photos I have taken so far are on the kindle, which are nothing like the clarity of the camera, need to go now as OH wants a coffee and ofcourse I have to do as I am told​​​​​​
        By the way I have trapped nerves in my hands and am getting pins and needles in hand and forearms, any suggestions on how to stop this, as I get wakened through the night with it, and before anyone says anything it's pins and needles that waken me not a guilty consciounse ​​​​​​
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Rary, I get what the doctor decided is nerve pain in my right hand, but not pins and needles. It used to wake me up in the night every couple of hours. It made me truly miserable. I had tried all the painkillers I had (leftover from previous ailments) to try and stop it to no avail. In the end I gave in and went to the doctor's. I told him exactly what I had tried that hadn't worked. He gave me a prescription for something that does work for me (not a painkiller). I still do get pain, particularly in the morning, but never bad enough to wake me up every couple of hours in the night. So, if it is making you miserable maybe a trip to the doctor's. I don't think he/she'd be any good for a guilty conscience though!

I got a text from the NHS this afternoon to book Mr GF's covid Spring booster. Amazingly six minutes later I had found his NHS number, been online, booked it at a place less than two miles away for a convenient time and date and got a confirmation text and email.

I don't know what I am more impressed with: the ease of use of the website or the fact that I didn't make any cockups and have to go back to the beginning again. I am useless with paper forms, but then they don't have a backspace.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 05-04-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• rary , I've just written and deleted a long reply about the benefits and dangers of vitamin B complex. Tingling in hands and feet might seem like nothing much, but there can be all kinds of causes (and remedies). If you've got it up your forearms too, it might be time to go and see your doctor.

Comment

• Thanks for the information girls, definitely not making me miserable, just frustrating at times when I don't have complete feeling in my fingertips, as for vit. B having worked 8n a factory which manufactured vit. B I will stick with natural ways of obtaining it as for going to a doctor, all you get is a phone call and at present it only emergencies with staff shortages due to covid

Comment

• As the others say Rary…go to your Dr…it could be coming from your neck and some simple change in sleeping position and some heat to relax the muscles might sort it. They may refer you for Physio without actually seeing you first?
                Look after yourself mate….
                You need to keep fit for all the housework

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Rary, being woken up by pain frequently every night wears a person down. For a long time I didn't realise how badly it was affecting me. At the time I think I rarely came on here, or any other internet site. If I did it was just basically to rant, as my world seemed to close in around me.

When I told my doctor that I had already tried everything from paracetamol, codeine to tramadol (leftover from old prescriptions) he did raise his eyebrows slightly. He also knew, as I'm sure your doctor does, that I only visit him as a last resort. I cannot describe how different the world was (mostly due to uninterrupted sleep) within a few days of him prescribing something different. Weirdly, when I picked up my prescription from the chemists, the pharmacist commented "If this doesn't work for you tell the doctor because sometimes a double dose is needed." I didn't need a double dose.

Even if you only get a phone consultation to begin if your doctor decides that they then need to see you (Mr GF's did a few weeks ago) they might really improve your quality of life. Look after yourself!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Yesterday I did a quick grory hop along with a diy collection. Guess who forgot to bring in 2 of the bags of shopping and left them by the front door overnight? Yup…getting a bit overtired methinks

Its actually warmer this morning - I see the cloud direction has changed to SW, so warmer but wetter to be expected. The lawns and weeds will love that!

Anyone fancy a brew?…come on, catch up, I’m already onto my second one

*tootles off to put the kettle back on….
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning, I've been awake for a while but I'm just waiting for the central heating to warm things up before I "leap" out of bed. I awoke to bright sunshine, but that is definitely not the forecast for today. The rain is expected to start shortly and continue all day.

I'm thinking of doing a grory hop later today, the fridge is looking decidedly empty.

That is it now. The thought of coffee has overcome all others and I 'm impatient to check on my seeds.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 06-04-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Morning all
                        Just made the contractors who are laying my block paving a cuppa before they start. Impressed with there work ethic the last couple of days so keep them topped up with tea throughout the day.
                        Going shopping with daughter after I have taken Kato for a walk.
                        Was at box n core followed by Rockfit last night and was even featured in a small video by the coach! Over 20,000 steps yesterday and this pure squeezed lemon juice first thing each morning certainly wakes me up and is supposedly good for the kidneys?
                        Hope you are feeling a bit better LD and chin uo lass!
                        Got my toms potted on yesterday so only one lot of chillies and some Cape Gooseberries to pot on then thats the greenhouse stuff sorted.

Bye for now and take care all.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning

A sunny start to the day so I've been in the garden doing bits before the rain starts, just need to pick some chard to make room for my pea frame then i'm set.

Enjoy your day.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning al
                            Sun is shining and its 7 degs.
                            A visit to the doctor this morning and I need to drop off a birthday gift and a card
                            Hopefully some time in the garden later.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Sounds like we've all got a full day ahead. Me, I've got a very irritating interruption to deal with: the bank in our village has sent me an email today to tell me they've blocked my account as from this morning because I have to fill in some forms, which I know I filled in the last time I was there. The man who works there (only one member of staff) is totally incompetent. The smiles left in a hurry while I was gnashing my teeth when the email arrived. Hope they found you in a better mood than I was.

Not as if I haven't got lots of other stuff to do. Have resigned myself to having to start off all my tomato seeds again. Feels very late. Everyone else will be planting theirs out here in about three weeks time and mine will barely be visible. At least I can buy onion and leek seedlings, though they won't be my preferred varieties.

LD, definitely worth trying an external keyboard. Resting your wrists on the edge of the laptop often does funny things to the mousepad. Used to drive me mad, text disappearing, the cursor moving all over the shop, till I worked out what the problem was. Like GF said in an earlier post, an external mouse helps too. It might feel like you might as well have a full-blown PC, but laptops are still more economical in terms of power usage, you can carry them about from room to room, and they don't go off in the event of a power cut, so still worth having.

Right, better step on it. Hope your paving comes out grand, Snadger. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Rary try these nerve flossing arm movements,it got rid of my trapped nerve,there’s different techniques for each nerve area,the numbness you mention sounds like this is the one -
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85QKyWvrbI

I had a trapped nerve in my shoulder,the movements that helped were simple to do & I could feel the pain ease in the area,it’s gone now,I just did the arm movements when the pain hurt,hope it helps.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X