This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Not very sure what the smile might have been carrying, Nicos. I'm afraid I had a lie-in this morning and they were long gone when I got up. However, I do know there was a lot of rustling going on in their bag last night. Maybe they're taking a delivery of smiles back to Rary's so he can distribute them a bit closer to home.

Perishing cold again here today. Frost still even when I got up and the big bowl of water for the animals in the corral had turned to ice overnight. Fingers crossed for the new leaves on the fruit trees. The pear and plum blossom will come to naught, for sure. A hot breakfast sounds good, but I reckon I'm a bit late for yours, Nicos. I shall consult Mr Snoop and see what he fancies.

Didn't do any of the things I planned on doing yesterday. Not a one. Had a good day though, gathering wood, having an afternoon nap and taking the dogs on a long walk. But it means I've got double the stuff to get through today. A tall order. So I'd better get weaving.

Have a great day, everyone. Glad you're feeling better, GF.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      The sun is high in the sky but it's only 3 degs.
      Bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes hetr as well.
      No plans for the day but my g son is coming to lunch and to set up my new tablet.
      Smiles arrived ages ago Snoop and are delighted to be in the sunshine,
      Glad you're back on track GF.
      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh joy …OH has suggested we go out in the camper….to the outdoor launderette

We have them dotted all over the place here - bit like in a bus shelter ….several large and small washing machines and a couple of giant tumble driers. Park up outside and wait….

Some are located in the car parks of the large supermarkets so they can be washing whilst you shop. They have coded access only so no one can open them up and pinch them. Good idea eh?

We have a couple of king sized padded mattress covers which need refreshing but won’t fit inside our washing machine.
        Sunday lunch is very much a family time here so I doubt they’ll be in use. So…a nice book, the heater , a flask of coffee and a lovely rural setting. Quite doable

Oh well…it’s an outing at least!
        Best go and get ready then!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hi all,i hope the sun is warming a bit,has been so cold,thank you GF,the best times out are the just do it/unplaned,i think i seem to have got my pics sorted,now need to find out how to down size,so they will post on here,
          ,so that is a step in the right direction,i do hate tec changes,as is out of my radar,time for me to poke my nose out the back door,say hello to my girls and collect eggs,also see how chilly it is,have a good afternoon,and Bgood2yourselves

sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Oh joy …OH has suggested we go out in the camper….to the outdoor launderette

We have them dotted all over the place here - bit like in a bus shelter ….several large and small washing machines and a couple of giant tumble driers. Park up outside and wait….

Some are located in the car parks of the large supermarkets so they can be washing whilst you shop. They have coded access only so no one can open them up and pinch them. Good idea eh?

We have a couple of king sized padded mattress covers which need refreshing but won’t fit inside our washing machine.
            Sunday lunch is very much a family time here so I doubt they’ll be in use. So…a nice book, the heater , a flask of coffee and a lovely rural setting. Quite doable

Oh well…it’s an outing at least!
            Best go and get ready then!
            What a brilliant idea.

Comment

• ^ That sounds like a brilliant idea, Nicos. I remember visiting a friend in Basle who lived in a block of flats with communal washing machines in the basement. More environmentally friendly than everyone having their own machine and space saving in people's flats.

Comment

• Afternoon

No laundrettes in our area anymore the local one was handy for washing duvet's but that closed 30 year ago.

Not sure if I can hold out until 7pm the braising steak in the slow cooker smells good. That's the only draw back with using it instead of the oven.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We've just had a ¾ hour power cut! I never realised how vulnerable that could make me feel. In the ....very dim and distant..... past that would never have bothered us. We, Mr GF and I, have lived off grid with an inverter, wind generator, solar panels, a petrol generator for when I insisted on setting the automatic washer off (also charged the batteries) and our own well. When we lived aboard our boat things were very similar minus the well but with large freshwater tanks.

I hate to feel vulnerable. I had just not realised how dependent most gas appliances are on electricity these days. Obviously we are now far too old to venture off into the wild but I am seriously considering what we can do to balance the affects of modern technology with common sense in an urban environment.

Comment

• Evening all!! Hope this finds you well. Nicos, I’ve noticed a lot of petrol stations here have washing machines and dryers on their forecourts.
                    GF, just heard that Grant Shapps has said there will be no energy rationing in this country as some European countries have introduced rationing. Makes you think doesn’t it? This in the 21st century too!!
                    Anyhoo off for a catch up, see you all later.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all
                      Had a very successful afternoon.
                      Spent 4 hours sitting in the camper in the sunshine with doors open wide but out of the freezing wind. Finished my book , had a snooze and got both mattress protectors washed and dried. Didn’t see one other person - let alone another vehicle pass by! Perfect.

Looks like it’s going to be a cold ‘un tonight- we have an amazingly clear sky and the stars are all a-twinkling!

Grory hop and DIY hop tomorrow oh joy

Sleep tight peeps ….bed bugs bite etc….

Comment

• Good evening, sorry up haven't been in on a regular basis recently, I have been trying to catch up with the gardening now that my OH is getting a bit more mobile, though thinking have done a wee bit of damage to my back, I had to lift a big container to kick a door mat that was stuck under it, I had tripped over it a couple of times so before a more serious incident I moved it out the way, I have finally got the paths around the new raised bed tidied up, also helped the young man next door to cut down a couple of conifer trees, I will saw it up for fire wood over the next few months, after church this morning I was again out in the greenhouse and potted on some tomatoes and marigolds, I have also caught a couple of mice who have been helping themselves to my young cabbage and other seedlings, hopefully that's all of them, but doubt it where there's two there usually more, well going to catch up with some tv programs, so have a good day tomorrow stay safe and pass on a smile Goodnight
                        Last edited by rary; 03-04-2022, 10:02 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

-4 C last night
                          That’ll have seen off the plum and some of the cherry and pear blossom. Very disappointing tbh seeing as we had no tree fruit at all last year either.

I’m pretty sure I just spotted two swallows so will keep a keen eye out for another sighting.
                          The cuckoos haven’t appeared yet though. Has anyone heard them ?

gf…sounds like you’ve had a very interesting life off grid. It does make you appreciate things which others may take for granted doesn’t it?

Off out to the shops in a sec…so keep safe and warm everyone …and mind that back of yours Rary!

Comment

• Good morning all. It is blowing a gale here and thick grey cloud with it.💨 According to the forecast on my phone we've got rain on and off all week with wintry showers thrown in on Wednesday night/Thursday. It looks as if we get better weather next weekend.

Nicos, having lived off grid certainly makes me appreciate a long hot shower and being able to turn on the washer without a thought.

I had a really enjoyable afternoon yesterday planting more seeds. I think I might go to the local garden centre today and get some sweet pea seeds as mine, saved by me a couple of years ago, have not germinated. 100% fail rate. A trip to the garden centre is never a waste of time, always something to see.

Comment

• Morning

The GH temps are warm enough now for me to empty the window sills for the day and open cloches, running up and down stairs with plants is good exercise

Its a dull and blustery day here windsocks jumping around a fair bit.

Enjoy your GC outing greenishfing I've not been to one since before lockdown. must go for a look around sometime.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                A grey start to the day but its 11 degs.
                                A trip to the card shop for me first of all.
                                An absolute rake of birthdays in our family in April.
                                I might call into the garden centre on 5he way back.

Never hear any Cucoos here Nicos.
                                There is blossom on my plum tree and so far, so good.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...