Clear All

• Oooo Snoop - those look delicious!

So glad they are the ‘diet ‘ version!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Bright sunshine here but just 3 degs.

Meant to sow my tomato seeds yesterday but discovered I had no fresh compost.
      Just been out and bought a bag so that's my job this morning.
      Looking after my grandson this evening.

Snoop, those cakelook devine.

Have good dy all and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.
        Those Magdalenas look delicious, Snoop! Put them somewhere I can't see them, I'm putting pounds on just looking at them.

The early snow disappeared in the sunshine so I did a grory hop this morning. Now it's started to snow again, but it's not settling thank goodness. Haven't the seasons moved on? We usually get this snow about the third week of April.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon, it's been odd weather here its just stopped snowing but my GH temp was 28c even checked it with another thermometer.
          I don't do well with the Grory hop I forget the braising steak luckily it's only a 10 min walk away. Must try harder and actually read the list.

​​​​​​
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well , what an interesting day weather wise!
            We eventually had strong winds, hail, sleet snow…then cleared but still very cold.

I’m still drooling at those cakes snoop.
            I went to make our dessert and someone who won’t be named ate the banana I was intending to use…said it was starting to go brown … I know , on any other day I’d have been chuffed

Comment

• Evening all, as you all say a strange day weather wise. One minute sunshine the next snow then sunshine and snow together.
              Haven’t done much today. Groceries delivered so put them away and a bit of ironing done, that’s about it.
              Hope you are all well. Lovely looking cakes Snoop.
              Much better news about your sister bramble. You are all in my thoughts. x
              sigpic

Comment

• Big fat snowflakes falling here again. We've had the weird weather all day too. Snow, then sunshine, then both, then hail. Freezing cold too. It sounds as if it's pretty widespread.

Comment

• Morning all.

There's a gale blowing and it's really cold outside, but it's sunny so that's a plus. Not that I'm going out. I watched the smiles struggle to head off in the right direction, so I'm taking that as a sign to stay put. Plenty to be getting on with, mind.

Some of my seed trays have got weird mould on them. A first for me. So I've put them out in the hope that the weather conditions will dry it all up.

Right, better get on with things. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Ongoing sleet/hail/ cold winds. Always exciting to watch…so long as I’m in the warmth!

I can’t seem to get motivated this morning - any tips?
                    Maybe the list of ‘things needing doing asap’ is too long and a bit off putting

Oh…just realised - it’s April 1st!…only 2 weeks until Easter
                    No pranks so far this morning.There’s usually something in the news intentionally misleading isn’t there?
                    Anyone spotted anything?

Enjoy your day peeps - whatever you get up to

Comment

• Morning all, and a chilly one at that🥶. We've had rain, sleet and sun this morning so far.

I am still trying to get meaningful information from the local hospital about the elderly relative, and that is when they answer the phone! Ggggrrrrhhhh!🤯😬

I am going to calm myself down and cheer myself up now by warming some compost up and replanting some seeds. Something I generally find very soothing.😌

Comment

• I’ve just been baking so am feeling much happier/ motivated.
                        Going to share some with a neighbour .
                        Sharing always brings on a feel good factor doesn't it?
                        Last edited by Nicos; 01-04-2022, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Hope you finally got through to the hospital gf in the end?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Hope you finally got through to the hospital gf in the end?
                            I tried all yesterday evening/night to get through and just got a constant engaged tone. This morning I got through to find she'd been moved to a different ward last night. I rang the new ward but she hadn't seen a doctor on there yet....so ring again later, they say.

Comment

• Evening

Rain, snow and sleet today, plus I was looking out of the window at the sleet bouncing when a huge gust of wind blew a neighbours bins over scaring the cat that was laying on the windowsill of the house opposite.

Hope you soon get an answer from the hospital GF..

Enjoy your evening.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                                Busy day today.
                                Long story, I ordered a new tablet from a large computer store.
                                I couldn't get it in Dublin with the 64 gigabites of memory on it so we went up to Newry for it.
                                They were sold out but ordered it in for me and assured me it would be in the store in a week..
                                That was on 14th February.
                                They were to ring and let us know and we would go up and collect it. We have been chasing it ever since until my husband got through to the depot in Darby who said it had been sent to the store weeks ago.
                                So we went and collected iit today and no explanation as to why we were not notified.

After that I spent the afternoon sowing seeds.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...