X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was my thought also Snoop.

edited to say I've now got the answer
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 26-03-2022, 06:40 PM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I am shattered again. We went to the allotment this morning and I spent over an hour searching for Mr GF's lost hearing aid to no avail. I gave up and planted the shallots I'd found, did a battery's worth of strimming and then weeded for England. About threeish I decided I'd had enough and went to lock one of the sheds. As I bent down to put the bottom padlock on, right in front of my eyes, was the elusive hearing aid in perfect working order.

We had just got home when an old friend rang to see if we were home and it was okay to call round as he fancied a trip out on his mobility scooter in the sunshine. I said yes and started to cook some mince etc for bolognese sauce. He stayed for a meal as well, with a bit of persuasion. I am now curled up with a coffee, blisters and sore hands. I think it might be an early night......especially as we lose an hour.

Comment

• Well spotted gf…always the last place you look eh?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Well spotted gf…always the last place you look eh?
          I'm just glad I found it, I was getting hoarse shouting at him, he was getting frustrated, and of course the hearing clinic is not open at weekends to order a replacement.

By the way intrigued by the tank!
          Last edited by greenishfing; 26-03-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            I’ve not changed any clocks yet,but I did remember about it at least!
            Definitely darker this morning.

Looks like it’s going to be a perfect day weather wise to eat outside with guests…yippee!

Must get a scoot on - things to prepare!

I’ve left breakfast trays outside your rooms as thought everyone might fancy a bit more of a lie in this morning?

Comment

• Is that a French breakfast with nice coffee and fresh, warm croissants? It sounds perfect. It's 7°C and cloudy here, but not supposed to be a bad day, with sunny spells. I intend to rotovate some of my weeded soil ready for potato planting so tonight I'll probably have sore legs to go with my sore shoulders. I've turned the thermostat up and will get up when it's warmed up a bit.

Comment

• It’s whatever you fancy gf…I’m using the ‘magic trays’ I bought online from Hogwarts online shop a few years ago.

We have a heavy frost which I hadn’t noticed earlier….brrrr….

Happy Mothers Day to all those mummies out there…. Another excuse to have breakfast in bed!

Comment

• Morning all.
                  Thanks for the breakfast tray Nicos, I carried it downstairs as I hate having a lie-in. Once I'm awake I like to be up and dressed.

Glad you found the hearing aid, GF.

Happy Mothering Sunday to all those with offspring, hope you all have a lovely day.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

No frost here so a good start to BST I know its going to be cooler for the rest of the week but at least todays sunny.

Good find with MrGF's hearing aid

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning again. That extra half hour in bed while things warmed up turned into an hour and a half and it was wonderful. I never thought that I would drop back to sleep but I did.

Mr GF has been in charge of coffee and done a great job. I am ready to face the day now. Last night's dinner guest was raving about the Sungold tomatoes that I grow so I pointed at the windowsill and told him he'd have to wait a while for this years as the one tomato that has come up is only about 6cm tall so far.

The temperature has risen to 9°C now but is still really overcast. At least no wind or rain.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Habemus sunum. The sunshine feels so momentous I thought I'd give it a special announcement. Mr Snoop took the dogs out for a proper walk. Unfortunately they found some unmentionable stuff and the pair of them have rolled in it. They're banished out doors for the duration. The smiles scarpered in a hurry to escape the pong. I've told them to make special fly-bys for the mums.

Good find, GF.

My day ahead: sowing brassicas, flowers, lettuce and spring onions. I made sure the smiles left before I started so I wouldn't hog them all. Due to be dry and cloudy tomorrow, then back to rain on Tuesday. With any luck, we're nearing the end of this wet spell.

Have a great day, everyone. Thinking of you still, Bramble.

Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-03-2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• We've had a productive day at the allotment. I did some tidying up and did the rotavating that I had planned. I now have some wonderfully loose fine soil to plant new potatoes, radish and salad stuff in. I might wait another week to plant the radish and salad as evidently we are in for a cold snap later in the week with wintry showers Wednesday night/Thursday morning and frosts next weekend. Hard to believe after the last few days. I might have to dig out the ski trousers again!

I put Mr GF some painkilling gel on before we went to the allotment so he did some tidying up too. I'm sure the fresh air has done him good but I hope he hasn't done too much and doesn't seize up tomorrow.

Off in the kitchen to make risotto next.
                          Last edited by greenishfing; 27-03-2022, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• I spent the morning in the garden, come lunchtime it turned cool so I changed to trousers and a fleece. I did get lots done so a good day in all.

Comment

• Morning all.
                              Definite chill in the air this morning, though the sun is bright and shining. The wild damson blossom is out in full flower round the hedges here, so this week's snowy forecast will do for it, there'll be no damsons in autumn I'm thinking.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Clear skies last night and a touch of frost this morning. Dry today, drizzle for the next couple of days or so and then a string of extremely cold nights. Last frost here usually around 10 April but some years it's early May. I was starting to wonder whether this might be an early last frost year, but evidently not. And there was me, thinking this morning I could even start off some sweetcorn and French beans in modules and keep them indoors. Might need to delay that a bit longer.

The smiles were in a right good mood this morning and set off very early. Just as well because they didn't see the blackbird I spotted in the distance, walking about on the ground. There's been one near the house giving alarm calls at the dogs the last couple of days. Last night I went out onto the drive and he shot out of the garage and into a wall. Hope he was just picking up breakfast this morning rather than unable to fly. If he's thinking of setting up home in the garage, it'd be a nice dry spot for him and his family but they'd have to tolerate a lot of noise and comings and goings.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X