Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobnobs , but fresher. Yes.....recipe please. These sound ultra dunkable.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 24-03-2022, 07:03 PM. Reason: Can't spell hobnobs. Prabably just as well oresictive text didn't take over.

Comment

• Predictive!!!

Comment

• Evening
        This afternoon my GH reached 38c that was with door, louvres and auto vent open. No wonder it was a shorts an t-shirt day.
        Not really achieved much in the garden just lots of little things.

enjoy your evening.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all,firstly FFso sorry about your loss,something no mother should have to go through,thinking of you all,as was said we're all here for you when you ready,bless you flower,and bramble,what happier news,pray things will continue to improve back to how she was,Well things are going well with the garden,I have mooched around here and there,I have had some very bad nights,hardly any sleep,I was up at just gone 5amthis morning,so got on with getting things done for this afternoons cake and bring and buy at the group i go to,the cake I made raise £20 so that was good,my poor eyes are hanging out now,so I bid you all goodnight god bless,my bed is screaming for me take care
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.
            Looks like another lovely day today, the sun is certainly bringing on all the blossom, even with the chilly nights.

The recipe:

Click image for larger version

Name:	button cookies2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	2543297

Bother! The page won't lie flat in the scanner and the edge print isn't clear. So that's:
            the sugar and the oats
            gentle heat and stir
            dissolved
            walnut sized balls - I did them an inch diameter - I left off the cherry but flattened them slightly, and put 9 to a baking sheet (it made 18 biscuits about two inches diameter)
            bake for ten minutes

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• What a beautiful sunny morning. 6°C but forecast to climb up to 18°C. I've just checked on my seeds and I've got aubergines sticking their heads up now and a pepper. All four luffa plants are up too.

As soon as I get organised here this morning I'm off to the allotment with any luck.

Mothawk that recipe has got moreish written all over it.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Very heavy frost here this morning - just as my plum trees are coming into blossom
                The house looks like a bull has run through it so it’s going to have to be a bit of a clearing up start to the day before I get outside into the garden.

MH…..those sound easy enough to make…yum! Ta muchly for the recipe - I’ve printed it off for later I can see those turning into a favourite

Right…let’s get this kettle on…..
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin gf….I wondered who was nattering away in the kitchen with MH

I’ve just realised that it’s this Sat night/ Sunday mornin* that the clocks go forwards …..yippeeee!

Comment

• Nicos, you just had me panicking thinking it was already Saturday and I'd lost a day.

Comment

• Ha!….well…just think of all those extra hours you’ve suddenly gained!
                      (Sorry about that.)

Comment

• Morning all

Taking a 12 mete privet hedge ot tody as I want to replace it with fence. i need to take hedge ot first to get an idea of how I am going o build the fence as it's on a stepped slope. Need to find my loppers first and only when I have cleared the thick of it will I resort to the chainsaw if need be.
                        Wish me luck!
                        Bye for now.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning it looks like being another day to spend in the garden, best of luck with your hedge Snadger.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Mornin n’alln’all
                            MH…..those sound easy enough to make…yum! Ta muchly for the recipe - I’ve printed it off for later I can see those turning into a favourite…..
                            It's the first time I've made them. I was looking for a recipe I could make without rolling out and cutting. These are really quick and easy to make, and they do taste so good, though a lot sweeter than biscuits I usually make.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• good morning all,what a lovely day it is,must catch up on washing and tyding up,we all out for a family birthday later on,looking forwards to it,have a good day all,stay safe and Bgood2yourselves
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Not sure where the morning went... Ah well. No getting it back now. Better be doubly busy this afternoon.

Got some brassicas to sow and a bit of cooking to get done. Interesting you mention those biscuits, mothhawk. I was looking at it just the other day. What do you reckon? Maybe cut down on the sugar a bit. I won't bother with the glacé cherries either. Mr Snoop likes to dunk biscuits, as mentioned the other day, and a cherry will just get in the way. I never get as quite many out of her recipes as she says. Thought it was my fault because I was making them too big. Maybe she's just optimistic or gets extremely small walnuts.

Good luck with the hedge, Snadger. That sounds like a big undertaking.

I didn't spot the smiles leave this morning, but doubtless they've been round your ways already.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X