Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon everybody. Hope everyone with the balmy weather is enjoying it. I might not have gone as far as shorts yet but the sandals have come out of hibernation. My feet feel like they can breathe again.

I am delighted to say that I have one Sungold, two courgettes, and "maybe" a luffa plant sticking their little heads up. Maybe I should start talking to them. (Anybody remember the experiment with talking to the beans in the Good Life?)

I was going to go Care Home visiting today but they have got Covid in the home and are locked down again so that is cancelled.

Comment

• Where is everybody hiding this morning? I was up with the lark today. The physiotherapist is calling round to see Mr GF again in th next hour or so.

Hopefully the allotment then.
      ​​​

Comment

• Morning, late on parade GF, having a lie in this morning. Looks as though weather is going to be lovely today.
        Domestics today including ironing non iron bedding!!
        Hope you all have a great day and hope all goes well well with hubs physio GF. Catch you later folks. x
        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Up and awake for hours in the night, unusually for me, but managed to sleep late. I've developed tinnitus and it was stopping me from dropping back off. Fingers crossed it sorts itself out. Oddly, I could also hear a clock that I can't normally hear. Very annoying as one of the things I really like about living out in the sticks is the silence at night.

Anyway, got a few jobs to do today. Rain is due to be a bit lighter today, so will get a few more seeds sown. Some brassicas today I think. And I will definitely be making apricot and walnut cookies. Chopped up the apricots yesterday and Mr Snoop is cracking the walnuts as I type. The idea of cookies set the smiles flapping. Looked they were making good speed as they shot off into the distance. Shouldn't be long before they're with you.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sorry gf…..I dashed outside in the sunshine and started some potting up and sowing dwarf nasturtiums all over the place so hopefully we’ll get some decent colour in the garden in the summer.
            I’ve loads of self seeded oxeye daisies which need moving whilst the soil is wet and before they get too big.So that’s a job for today.

Hope Mr gf’s physio goes well x

Just had a belated breakfast. Home made muesli with live yog….and got the washing machine earn8ng a living.
            Might hang them on the line for a short while as I’ll be weeding nearby which should scare the birds away from the temptation of
            ‘decorating’ them

Anyone fancy joining me with a brew or coffee?- Ihave plenty of rich chocolate cake and a tropical mix sponge which really does need eating up before I get stuck in myself

Just noticed….Its supposed to UV 4 at the moment so I best go hunt out the sun cream!

Enjoy your day peeps - I actually missed realising that Sunday was the first day of Spring! How on earth could I have missed that fact?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Cross posted there Snoop!. Mmmm…I’ll trade you some of my cake for your cookies? …they sound yummy

By the way…what’s the difference between a biscuit and a cookie?
              Are cookies meant to be more chewy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Cross posted there Snoop!. Mmmm…I’ll trade you some of my cake for your cookies? …they sound yummy

By the way…what’s the difference between a biscuit and a cookie?
                Are cookies meant to be more chewy?
                I wouldn't want chewy chocolate chip cookies I don't think.

Comment

• ^^^^ha!…I was just thinking exactly the opposite!….I’ll have the chewy ones then and you can have the crunchy ones…perfect teamwork eh?

Comment

• Are you not a dunker then gf?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Are you not a dunker then gf?
                      Definitely a dunker on things like ginger biscuits, but not on soft crumbly biscuits........thinking about it I never realised how faddy I was.

Comment

• Oh the satisfaction of dunking a digestive biscuit without it dropping into the tea/coffee!
                        Even now I quietly grin to myself if I can manage 2 or 3 dunks with one biscuit!

Faddy?…Moi? Te he

Comment

• I always think of cookies as being raised and a bit lumpy looking on top, biscuits as smoother and flatter.

Either way, they're not an enormous success. Different apricots to usual and not as sweet. Next time I make them, I'll up the sugar to the specified amount in the recipe. Should have tasted the apricots first. So, not much of a swap for you, Nicos. Maybe next time.

Me, I'm definitely not a dunker, though Mr Snoop is.

Comment

• Good evening, just back late afternoon from a trip to the Lake District, weather was good, never had a jacket on for the four days I was there, enjoyed the break, but found it too busy for just strolling around and though we wore masks there was very few in use, and very few people giving you space, OH is in the high risk category, so we finished up sitting relaxing at the hotel for most of the time, though I did do some walking by my self and definitely need to get back out more regularly, I have spent too long in the house, now that OH is more able to get about the house I should be able to get out more, now going to watch GW which I have recorded, so enjoy your day tomorrow, keep safe and make sure it just a smile you pass on
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              Good to see you safely back home Rary ..it’s always lovely to have a change of scene isn’t it!

Woke up to another sunny start to the day.
                              Got all the rest of the lawns cut yesterday - now I need to let the field dry a bit more then mulch it with a second cut. It’s certainly made the garden look more cared for.

Time for a brew?

Comment

• Morning all

Enjoyed first day of this years fishing season on the trout waters I fish on. Was with my youngest Son and we both caught fish and were sun tanned. A really pleasant opening day at the waters edge!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X