This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning guys.

Yes, Nicos, the smiles set off in a right hurry. Frankie charged out during a lull in the rain and the smiles shot out after him. He has a very expressive tail that they find irresistible.

The forecast says drizzle all day.

Mr Snoop is off out for a mini shop but most importantly to buy seed compost... With any luck, I'll catch a break in the drizzle as I'm a bit behind to say the least.

Have a great day, everyone. Big hugs to them as needs them.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Lovely sunshine here and the air is warming up. It should fetch the blossom out on the blackthorn and wild damsons in the hedges around here. The sunshine is finally touching down at the very end of my garden at midday now, so it won't be long before some of the soil starts to warm up a bit.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening, it's been tee-shirt weather here even saw some in shorts, not me though its a bit to early yet

Did some gardening and seed sowing this sunshine makes all the difference.

enjoy your evening.
        ​​​​
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• SHORTS!!! Aaaarrggghh!!!! This is (for most, but not all of us) England. Shorts are worn in the couple of days in July or August when the temperature hits the dizzying heights of the high twenties °C, unless you are my postman, an exceptionally hardy soul.

Comment

• Good grief, the idea of wearing shorts is beyond me today. This is Spain, but it might as well be November in Ambleside. We've got another 150 litres per square metre forecast over the next week. The ground is already saturated.

On the positive side, I now have potting compost and a potting table. Though whether I can actually sow anything over the next few days is moot.

Comment

• Good night all.
              Just an update.
              My sister has been taken off the ventilator and is breathing on her own.
              A little bit of hope.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Fingers crossed Bramble, do hope the improvement continues.
                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Morning

Another frosty start here and like yesterday the suns burning it away.

I wear shorts a lot to me they're not much different to having a skirt on, just that shorts have more pockets.

Hope your sister continues to improve Bramble xx

Comment

• Morning all.

I got up in a good mood and told Mr Snoop and the smiles that today was the grand opening. Of the seed packets. That said, the rain might stop play or at least some of it. Mr Snoop is currently suggesting I put on one of his raincoats and my wellies and just get on with it. The smiles went off grinning. One thing's for sure, I won't be doing any tomorrow (50 mm forecast).

Really glad to hear your news, Bramble. Still thinking of you.

Big hugs all round for them as wants them, smiles for everyone. Have a great day, guys.

Comment

• Good morning everybody. Not a bad day here. 7°C and very cloudy. It was freezing just before dawn when I first woke up.

We are temporarily prisoners today as the local idiots on the council have closed the main road, at the end of our road, for a 10k run. I know it's for charity and only once a year but why always this stretch of road and more than anything why for so long. 5am to 2pm. At least it doesn't annoy me as much as when they shut the roads for the lycra clad brigade for hours and hours and hours when it takes the cyclists seconds to pass through.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Heavy frost and now a very sunny start to the day.
                        Deffo an outdoor day, but preferably out of the shade.

Wonderful news there bramble…tiny steps….

Have a great day peeps whatever you get up to .
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          Morning

Another frosty start here and like yesterday the suns burning it away.

I wear shorts a lot to me they're not much different to having a skirt on, just that shorts have more pockets.

Hope your sister continues to improve Bramble xx
                          I must agree that shorts, particularly the cargo style with lots of pockets are similar, but far better than a skirt. However I am struggling to remember when I last wore a skirt or dress or my legs saw the light of day. It must be last Summer. I really ought to have a sort out of the wardrobe.

Good wishes from me too Bramble.

The sun has finally burned through now although it's still only 7°C.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

First things first….a brew!…anyone care to join me?

Deffo a gardening day for me today as I missed out on one yesterday.

Oh gosh…all this talk of showing legs makes me realise it’s time to start mowing my legs again

Right…and on that off putting thought I best get that kettle on!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Yep another day sunny day to spent outdoors Nicos, it soon drops cool once the sun goes in though.

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                              I must agree that shorts, particularly the cargo style with lots of pockets are similar, but far better than a skirt. However I am struggling to remember when I last wore a skirt or dress or my legs saw the light of day. It must be last Summer. I really ought to have a sort out of the wardrobe..
                              GF thats the type of shorts I usually wear its surprising how much those pockets hold.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's raining again. I might not bother giving a weather report till it stops. There are at least another ten days to go. Everywhere is sodden and squelchy underfoot. And the house is full of mud dust brought in by us and the animals on our feet. The smiles are all right: they don't need to touch the ground if they don't want to, so they set off this morning grinning rather smugly I thought, though perhaps that's just me being uncharitable.

No work to do. Better find myself something else to do instead. Otherwise I'm just going to get depressed over the news. I'll put the kettle on for starters. Anyone fancy another brew?

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X