This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.
    Looks a bit grey out. I saw the robin with a beak full of building material earlier, and the bluetit has started pulling at the bark on the hardy fuchsia, so it seems nesting is on their minds.
    Kettle's on, help yourselves, there's some ratafias in the tin.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Grey but dry so I might be able to sneak outside for an hour or so later yip…..
      more painting for me again - there’s quite a lot to do tbh so I’d rather crack on before the sunny weather arrives.

My shallots are rooting and sprouting nicely in their trays - happy days!

I forgot to mention that I picked up some beach windmills the other day to stick in the soil to keep the blackbirds off the shallots. I’ve tried them before and they seem to work. Plus they look fun seeing as we grow in the garden plots.

Hope peeps with Covid are over the worst now?
      Bramble - still thinking of you xx

Must be time for a brew?
      Porridge too me thinks.

Enjoy your day peeps - anyone up to no good?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin MH - I wondered who was clattering around in the kitchen!

* wanders off to goooooogle ratafias….

Comment

• Oooo…yes please!….I like amaretti biscuits so I’m bound to love those! Thank you x

Comment

• Morning

Its dry now but rains due in a couple of hours, so I'll nip out soon and dig up the last of my parsnips.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

More rain forecast. Good steady drizzle by the look of it. My favourite kind of rain. The smiles were pleased at the news too and set off all jolly. I think they were talking about checking out your shallots, Nicos, as mine are still in the bag and I probably need to do something with them soon.

Busy day ahead, so better get a move on. Mr Snoop is making coffee this morning, so if anyone wants one, just shout. Have to be very loud though, at this distance.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Hey Snoop - I was wondering if you got any of the Saharan sand?
                We got a tiny amount but nothing very obvious. I believe some of it reached the UK too?

Comment

• Good morning everybody. I hope you're all raring to go. It's a miserable 8°C here, with rain forecast. After today the weather is supposed to take a turn for the better however and become positively Springlike.

I think a grory hop today while the weather is miserable and maybe more seed planting. My excuse is that some of my seeds are old so I need time to replant if they don't put in an appearance.

My shallots are still in the bag too.

I hope the covid sufferers are starting to feel more human and your sister is improving Bramble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Morning

Its dry now but rains due in a couple of hours, so I'll nip out soon and dig up the last of my parsnips.

enjoy your day.
                    Good thinking Bren. I forgot I still had parsnips in the ground so better get them dug up! Have a good day everyone.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• afternoon all,no more about brambles situation,all the best for them,is nice to hear of covid recoveries with our friends on here,hope Snadger regains his health soon,have you had your bloods checked,your stress might have left you lacking something,i was low on iron,all ok now,we got rain here today,what an excuse for staying inside ,i do have things i can do,had the scissors round my mop earlier on,much better,just a mess to get up in he bathroom,got some stuff in the new shed,and son done a good tidy up around what's to be the general garden area,it is planed to build a shelter in a bit of a dead area in the shade,it will be a covered potting on,shade from the sun,and a B Q ,plus there is space under the garage back for storage of extra hid it away store,there are a few steps down to the lower patio and garden,but not yet,things are getting better and better,must get of this laptop,and get usefull like sort out the concervatory,now it emptied of garden stuff,have a good after and Bgood2yourselves
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I’ve taken the day off from painting - OH and I would have been getting in each other’s way, so I decided to prepare food for tonight and tomorrow ( being St Patrick’s Day).
                        I’ve made some farls ( potato cakes) and an Irish stew which will do for tonight and tomorrow night.

I’m now waiting for a fuel delivery for the central heating….I don’t dare say how much it’s costing per litre
                        Good job we have loads of split wood for the wood stoves eh?

Lottie - your house and garden sound like they are coming on in leaps and bounds!…brill - I’m really chuffed for you.

Right…time for a brew…who fancies joining me?

Comment

• Afternoon

I’ve done well, the washing was almost dry and parsnips dug up before the rain started.

Time for tea and cake soon.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon. I blitzed the bathroom this morning. I've been and done the grory hop; the most I've spent in a supermarket apart from when I've bought electrical items. Mind you, the trolley was full. The only non-household item was a pack of 6 small lavender plants as a certain person decided mine were dead sticks and dug them up

I think next job, after a well deserved coffee is to change the bed and set the washer off as hopefully the weather tomorrow morning will let me dry outdoors.

Evening meal will require very little effort as my pie filling was cooked yesterday and the pastry I made this morning just needs rolling out.

Comment

• Funnily enough it’s been rather ‘dark’ here for a few hours. The sort of sky where you’re not sure if it’s going to hail or snow. But - it’s fairly warm outside.
                              Having done a bit of weeding I spotted Saharan sand on the cars and house windows when I came indoors. Clearly it’s being dropped from a height. But I never noticed it as I was gardening.It really is a strange sort of light.
                              All very ‘different’!

Comment

• The Saharan sand hasn't reached us here. Maybe we're too far east? Apparently there's still quite a bit about, so maybe it'll become evident tomorrow in the form of muddy, red rain.

Thinking of you, Bramble.

And of all the Covid sufferers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X