This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

I hope your sister improves quickly, Bramble, and can come home soon. It is dreadful enough to need an operation, but to be abroad when it happens is ten times worse.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Woke up to pouring rain today .
      I think we were exceptionally lucky with the weather yesterday. People were skinny dipping in the sea and sunshine! (not me!)

We ended up going to Concale , getting some oysters, followed the coast road to a massive Sandy beach…on to Dol where we came across a lot of ancient sweet chestnut trees. The oldest being planted in the mid1600’s. I’d no idea they lived for so long….I had it in my head that it was just oaks which were so long lived. 6 metres around its girth!
      I’ll see if my photo is good enough to post.

We camped up in a quiet spot and were the only people there - and a lovely view of the sun rising over Granville.

We spotted a German mausoleum from WW2 containing 12,000 skeletons. I never new it existed. Poor lads - most of them were 19-24 years old. Can’t help but feel sad at such a waste of young life.

We had a lovely coastal walk along a peninsula where the sea was azure blue , then drove past Mont St Michel and had a lovely picnic next to a field of literally thousands of sheep with their lambs. Never seen so many sheep!

So, I thought I’d share my birthday adventures with you

Bramble - fingers crossed still for your sister xx

For my burpday my OH bought me a lovely tall rusty metal flower from a fantastic flower shop . I’ll take a piccie when I finally put it into the garden.
      Last edited by Nicos; 13-03-2022, 10:59 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Thinking of you and your sister, Bramble.

Bit surprised I'm not feeling the worse for wear today. Overdid it a bit in the garden, trying to get things done before rain stops play for the next two weeks. Another twenty asparagus crowns planted and more trees. And then decided to celebrate with a G&T. One wasn't enough. Fortunately, I insisted on more T than G...

Another really busy day ahead. Sounds like you and your son have been busy too, LD. I sent the smiles off early and I'm sure I overheard them chattering of making a special flyby to check on your progress.

Better get a move on. The clouds are coming and there's still loads to be done. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Comment

• I've just been and got Mr GF a newspaper and delivered a couple of pasta bakes. One of the old men I delivered to insisted on giving me a big bar (360g) of chocolate so some of it might just find it's way into a chocolate mousse next. I will not however attempt to melt it in the microwave this time.

Somehow my brain has suddenly deviated into thinking about cream filled profiteroles and hot chocolate sauce. They may have to go on the menu next time we have guests...... not worth making them for just the two of us.... I would eat far, far too many as they really deserve to be eaten fresh....that's my excuse.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 13-03-2022, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• HI all,we said to be having rain,so far is sunny,glad you had a good time Nicos,so far it was well worth doing the camper,lots more adventures to be had,and new memories ,was forced to go out shopping this morning,ran out of milk ,i was very good and left all the naughty stuff in the shop,Snoop i saw the smiles gave them a wave as they flew over,Still rooting for Bramble and family,also hope the covid struck peeps are feeling better, son scattered wood ash over first,got from burning all the tree chopping,not just from my place,got more ready for the main growing area when it sorted,more shrubs and bulbs to be rehoused,the older tunnel frame am going to try growing some things on it,and plant maybe the canning tomatoes in the bottom,also grow climbing beans up,it is 3.5 x 4 mt,so a nice space,son is putting extra support runners on the roof part,so i can use it to better effect,thats the plan any how,have a good afternoon and Bgood2yourselves .
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Thinking of you bramble, hope your sister is doing well
              Good afternoon all, funny how the greeti g changes with daylight extending, all we need here now is some heat though I have buried a max/min thermometer in the bed I will be using for potatoes, today the low temperature overnight was 6c. so if it stays like that till Thursday I think I will plant some potatoes, then plant the rest in 2 weeks time, after church this morning I was out in the greenhouse where I mixed some compost and soil with a scoop of BFB once mixed I soaked it mixed it again and now resting it till I go out later when there is nothing on TV that I want to watch, now need to go and get the tea ready. Keep safe hope you all avoid covid as it appears to be on the rise again, if anything is passed on I hopefully its a smile
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all! Just popping in to say we’ve tested negative…yay! One more negative test and we can go out into the world although I think we are going to give it another day. That’s exactly 1 week from feeling as though we had a cold starting. Sarriss, hope you’ve had negative tests too!
                sigpic

Comment

• That's good news Jay.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Great news, Jay. I hope Sarriss is doing just as well.

Comment

• Fantastic news Jay !
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good night all, and again, thank you for your kind words.
                        Latest report is not looking good.
                        The hospital says my sister is not responding to any treatment.
                        It's another day of waiting.
                        We will know more tomorrow hopefully,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dry but cold here. Hope there's better news for you today Bramble. Have a good day All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, dry so far. Another day of lazing about I guess. Not much else to do at the moment.

Keeping you all in my thoughts bramble. Hope you get better news soon. x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Hope you have better news and your sister pulls through Bramble.

The sun has been up for an hour already, and there's tea in the pot. The thermometer says 3C so not quite a frost this morning. I may give the grass its first cut later if it stays dry.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

A sunny start to the day so it didn't take long for the frost to disappear, looks like being a good gardening day.

Thinking of you and your family Bramble. xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X