This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

My mum's not quite 104, Jay, not till next month!
    The trip to the hairdresser was a big success. Even though walking is a struggle for my mum, she insisted on walking the short distance from the car to the salon, rather than using her wheelchair, which I always take, just in case. The salon was quiet, only one other lady there having her hair done, so very low covid risk, thank goodness. She thoroughly enjoyed having her hair done, and is so pleased to lose the long hair! Being out in the fresh air has done her good too, I think.

Have a lovely day out, Nicos, Medieval would be my choice, I love historic sites.

Hair cut for me later today. Have a good day all.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Just about to head off

We have wet and windy and lots of brrrrr….
      So….we are going to the coast!
      We decided to do Medieval/ prehistoric in 5 weeks when we have friends staying as we know they would also enjoy it…plus I think OH wanted to buy some fresh oysters from the port. Anyone would think it’s his burpday wouldn’t ya? Te he….it’ll still be fun.
      Thats just reminded me…..
      We have a photo somewhere of me as a 2-3 year old on our summer holidays visiting Blackpool beach. I’m wearing wooden tights and a balaclava

Right - best just grab my wellies and head off. Enjoy your Friday/ weekend peeps. I’ll pop in when I can.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I’ve seen a lot of things in my life Nicos but wooden tights!!!!

Enjoy your trip Happy Birthday too when it comes x
        sigpic

Comment

• I've heard of a "wooden overcoat" but not wooden tights. The mind boggles....... Good old predictive text wins again.

Comment

• .....did you end up with legs like tree trunks?

Comment

• Well, I'm afraid I've been hogging some of the smiles today (not all, honest) but wooden tights made me laugh out loud! Impossible to sit down, I presume!

Anyway, afternoon all.

Went out this morning for a grory hop and to buy the last of the trees for this year. And on the way into Lidl, they had raspberry canes. I know nothing about raspberries except that I like eating them. I shall have to find out more. Four euros a cane (a stick in a pot, pretty much, no sign of roots), so I bought five. Probably be about ten years before I've propagated enough canes to fill a bowl of raspberries, I imagine. On the other hand, we now have six different peach trees. Hope our friends like peaches... Anyway, it was nice to be out and about and the man at the nursery was very friendly and helpful. So, all good.

The food prices at the shops took me aback, mind. I haven't been out on a big shop for a while now (Mr Snoop does all our shopping by and large). People on low incomes must really be struggling.

Anyway, hope the smiles found you all jolly and well this morning. Have a nice evening.

Comment

• Wooden tights are quite a surprise, but even more so cameras on the go in those days, wow!
                Dont want to say too much about that, just incase I can't sleep long in the morning, as I have heard how a guilty conscience can waken you in the morning
                Last edited by rary; 11-03-2022, 08:27 PM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Oh Rary, do you reckon it could be my guilty conscience that is wakening me up so early? I almost wish it was (depending on the sin, of course).

Snoop, raspberries grow and increase so, so quickly. I gave my niece 5 "sticks" a few years ago. After 3 or 4 years, despite having an absolutely mental Great Dane who rampaged around her garden, she got enough raspberries to eat them for weeks and make jam as well.

When you plant them do NOT decide after a few weeks that they are dead and dig them up like Mr GF nearly did, and nearly lost certain appendages.
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 11-03-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    Snoop, raspberries grow and increase so, so quickly. I gave my niece 5 "sticks" a few years ago. After 3 or 4 years, despite having an absolutely mental Great Dane who rampaged around her garden, she got enough raspberries to eat them for weeks and make jam as well.

When you plant them do NOT decide after a few weeks that they are dead and dig them up like Mr GF nearly did, and nearly lost certain appendages.
                    Brilliant news. I haven't had a chance to read up on them yet. Thanks. Any and all advice very welcome. Poor Mr GF, by the way. Can't have been very comfortable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      We have a photo somewhere of me as a 2-3 year old on our summer holidays visiting Blackpool beach. I’m wearing wooden tights and a balaclava
                      Hope you didn't get splinters Nicos

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hey all, hope everyone had a good day. Missed the sun today but did pick up a 2nd hand coldframe which will give me an excuse to sow more

Comment

• A cold frames an handy thing to have Nikk I use mine mostly for hardening of plants.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Friday night now and the seeds I ordered from Su***ns seeds Tuesday lunchtime have still not arrived. The confirmation email said they would be despatched within 24 hours. I have only ordered 6 very small packs of seeds (and paid £2.99 for delivery). I am disgusted by the customer service. I got an email yesterday, Thursday, teatime saying they had (eventually) been despatched over 48 hour after I ordered them and was provided with a tracking number .......... which does not work. Some companies really do not deserve customers. Why make promises you cannot keep? If this ends up as bad as the Dunelm Chritmas curtain saga I will blow more than a fuse. Needless to say they are now on my never to be used again under any circumstance company list. Even more annoying I am getting marketing emails off them.....as if.

Comment

• Nicos, the sonic boom is not something I've heard here, but I have noticed a massive increase in planes in the air. I downloaded an app called Flightradar24 and it's fascinating! There are plenty of RAF planes in the air, but that's fairly common here, as we're near Lincoln, but more than normal. Much more. And apparently there were several planes doing practice bombing at the coast near here.

https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Good night all.
                                I have not been posting as we are on holiday,
                                I.am.asking for prayers.
                                My sister and husband are on a two week holiday in Tenerife
                                She is as fit as can be..,
                                No health problems, just a bad headache and vomiting
                                It got so bad her husband called the ambulance
                                She had a brain opp today for a brain aneurysm.
                                -Her life hangs in the balance
                                PLEASE KEEP HER IN YOUR THOGHTS AND PRAYERS.
                                She has a lot of crosses to,bear in life and doesn't deserve thisà

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X