X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

You do make me chuckle rary Thank you .

We’re counting the days for you Flo…I hope you’ve treated yourself to a few other new things too?
    I bet we could all swap ‘man drawers’ and find they’re all much the same

We woke to a light frost again today but it looks like we’re in for a sunny day, so, fingers crossed, I can at least make the first cut of the lawns at the front of the house. The back ones are now about 10” long…and wet
    Apart from that I do need to start thinking about wiping down woodwork in preparation for painting inside one of the gites. We’re living in there at the moment so it’ll entail a ‘moving of stuff’ day .Maybe that should be for a rainy day.
    Failing that, there’s always gardening which is tempting me the most.

Anyone fancy a cuppa? Kettles on.

Last edited by Nicos; 08-03-2022, 07:37 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Just on time with the morning cuppa again Nicos, ta.

Frosty here too and clear skies, I hope it's done for the greenfly I noticed already on the roses which are beginning to put up new shoots.never seen greenfly this early in March before.

Good work with the kitchen, Flo. It will soon all be straight again and ready for action!
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all. It feels cold here, 1°C at the moment but sunny with it. I've just set the washer off hoping to get towels dry outdoors today. More hope than expectation I think. I love the smell of bedding/towels dried in the sun. I can hear Mr GF making me a coffee and I slept well.....so all is right with the world.

Coffee has appeared. Anyone else want one?

Comment

• I love the smell of them too.
          Not so keen on crispy dry towels though.

Frustratingly we get bird poop if we hang out clothes - plus in the summer things actually bleach if left out too long.
          When I first came here I hung out a pair of black trousers and a dark T-shirt for a couple of hours only to find they were bone dry
          But, you could tell which parts had been facing the sun. Not so bad if you don’t mind dark peg marks, half a leg and half a sleeve a different shade etc

Still, we do use it a bit still at other times of the year.

Ta muchly for the offer of a coffee but I’m still supping me brew.
          Last edited by Nicos; 08-03-2022, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Morning a frosty but sunny start to the day.

Just been emptying my H/propagator and finding homes on windowsills, germinations seems quick this year well apart from some one pot of tom seeds.

wrap up warm and enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

I've just looked at the weather report. Normally, the closer we get to days when rain is forecast, the amount of rain due drops to nothing. But this time, it's rising dramatically. We're now up to 30 cm of rain over four days, starting on Monday. This is a scary amount over such a short period of time. It'll be interesting to see how our new drainage copes... Hope the new trees cope. Hope it turns out to be not quite that much.

So that's the big news of the day. The smiles shot off before I saw the report. Just as well.

Hope you're all doing well. Have a great day.

Comment

• Well I decided that today I would eventually visit the one garden centre in reasonable distance that sells Suttons seeds. I wanted crimson crush tomatoes and gypsy pepper seeds more than anything. I know that to stay in business garden centres these days sell lots of other, non garden related items but this one is one of the worst offenders for overpriced tat and with a vastly overpriced cafe too. Anyway before I set off I looked at the garden centre website and discovered they no longer stock Suttons seeds.

So the seeds were ordered from Suttons website, and a few extras sort of sneaked into my basket while browsing. As a treat we then went out and had a coffee somewhere else.

One of the packs of seeds that jumped into my basket was luffa seeds, which I always knew as loofahs and thought came from the sea. Just wondered if anybody had grown them and with what success.

Comment

• See you women that offer tea, coffee and whatever is it room service, or do I have to come and get it
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                    See you women that offer tea, coffee and whatever is it room service, or do I have to come and get it
                    No sugar in my tea, thanks Rary.

Comment

• Evening all,what a lovely day outside ,warm and sunny son and I have been working in the garden getting,things ready for the season,it is going to look smashing,I have always wanted a garden that was a garden,not with lots of man stuff about,I will post some pics when I can,I made a meal for us all,save Dinlaw cooking after working long hours,plus I am out the walls for a short time,will be taken back later on,them smiles are doing wonders here,this new lappy is great,have a good evening and stay safe Until,lost the smile things somewhere so just imagine,them .
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

No sugar in my tea, thanks Rary.
                        Sorry to disappoint you GF but one woman to run hand and foot to is enough
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

Sorry to disappoint you GF but one woman to run hand and foot to is enough
                          No, you just need more practice.

Comment

• Good Morning All Getting there Birds are singing. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

No, you just need more practice.
                              * splutters out tea!
                              Te he….great laugh to start the day!….Don’t ya just love this place?

Mornin n’alln’all
                              Early start here - we have roofers already working fitting a new Velux window in our main bedroom. . After a lot of humming and hawing the new frame is apparently a tad bigger than the original one so it’s a bigger job than expected
                              Flo…are these your workers moonlighting?

I was going to try and attack one of the smaller grassed areas at the back of the house but it rained overnight so it’s sopping wet again…pah.
                              So it looks like it’s another weeding day then. Still , it’s brill being outside for now espesh as we are due a few wet days again.
                              Best go get another brew seeing as I spluttered most of this last one!

Kettles on - help yourselves.
                              Last edited by Nicos; 09-03-2022, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Perishing cold night. One of the hardest frosts yet, but a lovely sunny day so far. Which means electricity, which means some baking can happen.

I've told some of my clients I'm off work today and tomorrow. Been really busy recently and need to get ready for the rains. I didn't tell the smiles this, just about the bread and carrot cake, so they set off in a really good mood: fairy lights due to the sun on the frost and the promise of cake. Bet they were with you early.

Hope everything's going to plan, Flo. Glad everything's going well for you, LD. And Rary, I'll send a special delivery of smiles your way tomorrow, but I can't imagine they'll manage a cup of tea or coffee without spilling it on the way. Sorry about that.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X