This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Sorry to hear about the flooding, FF. I hope the two smiley faces mean the insurance will pay for the kitchen.

The man with the JCB is already at work. Looking a bit like a mud bath out there at the moment. I'm sure it'll look better when it's all finished and the weeds have regrown... I hate landworks, but it needs doing if the fields are to be even minimally productive. Just got to think of all the onions I'll be able to grow next year.

Loads still to do to clear a couple of terraces, so better step on it.

The smiles shot off this morning even though it was still cold. The JCB is more noise than they're used to. Hope it doesn't frighten the birds off permanently.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• I heard them fly over an hour or so ago Snoop. By heck can they natter between themselves
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^You should hear them at night when they're tucked up in their bag! I think they must have learned all their nattering off Rary.

Comment

• Morning, its dry and windy here.

Sorry to read about your flooding Flo xx hope it can be sorted so it doesn't happen again.

You did well with your clothes shopping Bramble its always good when you're happy with your purchases.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            ^You should hear them at night when they're tucked up in their bag! I think they must have learned all their nattering off Rary.
            Ha ha ha ha ha!

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Dull, grey and breezy with the rain starting to pour down.
              A day of domestics in our house today.

Oh Flo, that sounds dreadful, hope you can get it sorted.
              Yes Bren, clothes shopping sorted so that's off the list.
              Snoop, the smiles arrived ages ago but they're not very happy with our weather today.
              Have a good day all whatever you're up to,

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, dull but dry at the moment. Terribly wet last night though.
                Sorry to hear about your flooding Flo, hope you get it sorted soon.
                Nicos, our granddaughter, who I think is around 1-2 weeks younger than yours, hasn’t quite got the art of crawling yet. She is trying though. Can get her knees in the right position but not her arms. She gets so frustrated. She left me a lovely present when she left…a rotten cold that she picked up at baby group.
                Doing nothing today except a few general domestics I couldn’t get done yesterday.
                Have a good day everyone. Thinking of you today Snadge. x
                sigpic

Comment

• ^^^^ won’t be long then Jay

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    ^You should hear them at night when they're tucked up in their bag! I think they must have learned all their nattering off Rary.
                    Hoy, between you and the old yi.. sorry Nicos, you will finish up giving me a complex
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Not sure about the wisdom of using metal because of condensation but I really, really want to try and keep away from plastic.
                      Nicos at 14 mm have you considered using brush shafts, or wooden doweling which would be a bit warmer and avoid condensation
                      ​​​
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Another day nothing done in the garden, it's been heavy rain all day, however did get a new wall put up at the top of the stairs, now just waiting till its time to go for my booster and flue jags

Comment

• Good evening all.
                          Not ad wet as we thought it would be.
                          Spent the best part of the day decluttering.
                          Charity shop drop off in the morning.
                          Had a quick trip to the library this evening,
                          That will keep me going for a while.

Nothing donein the garden but the dahlias, if a little battered are still in full flower.
                          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Did some work upstairs, OH said she didn't want it as the heat from downstairs keeps the rooms cosy, one is used for storage the other hasn't been used for over a year, but I am going to fit a doorway, but of course mention upstairs and OH says it will need to be hoovered and dusted, as I said over a year since it was used, yet she still wants it hoovered and dusted, have been with her with winching and marriage for over sixty years and I still don't understand how her mind works, other than trying to keep me busy. Also went for my flu and booster jags this evening when I went over to the lassie that was going to inject me, she said my age, to which I replied oh thanks I felt fine till then, but she said I looked very fit for someone of that age, I didn't think 56 was that old ​​​​​​
                            If out and about this evening keep safe and keep happy, smile and spread a little happiness. Goodnight

Comment

• Am I first in?
                              Oh good

I just wanted to make sure Flo had a nice cuppa to start her day. Yesterday she sounded like she needed a bit of cheering up what with her kitchen events.

Just off to let Hibou out - she really can be demanding at times
                              See ya later peeps…..

Comment

• Morning all

Dog walk,trip to allotment,appointment at optician for new specs, (others are held together with elastoplast). Then some measuring up for campervan fitments and possibly a bit of internal joinery.

TTFN
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X