X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Containergardener
    replied
    Who is this YH snoop?

Not too wet a walk but it's grim now, I can see the rain drifting left to right . It says 10degrees on the weather thingy but feels colder than that.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Cloudy here but warmer. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Its dry out just now but rain later, so I'll be in the garden and out and be out this morning. Might even do a Grory hop.

Glad to hear its working out well with your YH Snoop, its good experience for him.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning gray skys here but no rain at the moment, though I expect it to rain shortly, I have some onion sets which I want to get in the ground before we go on holiday on Friday,I also want to get up to the church to check on a bit of work I had done on the hall roof, there was some water ingress when we had heavy rain so did a wee repair and of course no heavy rain since, hopefully there's no more water coming in, right, it's ok, for those who have nothing to do, I need to move, OH just mentioned needing to get some housework done before we go on holiday, so I need to get out to the greenhouse as when OH says I she doesn't me herself, I am sure she is picturing herself as me, have a good day and smile

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

So much for night time temps being on the rise. There was another hard frost this morning. Sunny with some hazy clouds today, but still very chilly.

Mr Snoop and YH are busying themselves about the land. Me, I'm thinking of lighting the range, it's so chilly. My excuse, if they ask, will be that it's a good way to heat lots of hot water for the washing up. Having a lovely time with YH. He's very good company. His parents think we're great for him. We think he's great for us. I think he's enjoying himself. With us and stretching his wings a bit. All good.

Right, on with the show.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Bit of a wet week here, not rainig at the moment but it is windy.
    I managed to get into the gh yesterday so maybe I will get in there today too.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning to all insomniacs! It started raining around 5pm, just had a look out and it’s still pouring!
    I remember getting seed cards as a wedding favour GF but I don’t ever remember planting them. They sound like a lovely idea, I’d go for it!. x

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon, it’s mostly rained here today.

GF I’ve not seen those type of seed cards before but it makes me wonder how long their shelf life would be.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    I had one a couple of years ago GF, but can't remember how it grew! I'm just back from a steak lunch in Bradfield - lovely

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Back again. While trying to not be too noisy as Mr GF was still asleep I was looking at birthday/Easter cards online. I've seen some I've never seen before.... Seed, wild flower or herb, impregnated cards, where after the event the card can be planted. I'm thinking small children would like this and considering buying some. Has anybody tried them?

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning all My son is taking me out into Derbyshire today. It's raining but that won't dampen my spirits. Happy birthday Nicos. Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    It looks as if my neighbour is having the fast fibre broadband put in this morning. Two vans, one a cherry picker, outside, about 3 engineers ascending telegraph poles, putting a new line in and drilling holes. It's the same company that I've got. I hope she's equally happy with it.

I hope your grandson copes with the needle, Rary. He must be absolutely petrified after last time.

Nicos, I had to google candle wick scissors. I'd never heard of them. I don't use candles though except in dire emergencies. I once managed to ruin my favourite suede skirt with candlewax back in the dark ages of strikes and power cuts.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Bright blue again. It clouded over in the afternoon yesterday and the forecast is for more of the same this afternoon.

Mr Snoop is out gathering kindling with YH at the moment and I'm about to settle down to a heap of work. Better get a move on as YH has volunteered to help me with the garden for a couple of hours while Mr Snoop is out. Excellent.

Oh, my slow cooker will arrive today. Just as well we've got sunny weather at the moment.

Right, seeing as I have unplanned gardening on the cards this afternoon, I'd better get a move on with the paid work now.

Have a great day, everyone. Especially you, Nicos.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning and a happy birthday to you Nicos, I suppose I am fortunate that you aren't standing here with me as my knee would be sore if I had to give you your dumps a busy day for me today, I need to take my son for an job interview, though I will be able to do a bit of shopping while waiting for him, then once back home I will then collect my grandson and take him to the dentist, where he will be getting a tooth out,which will be a bit of a problem as he has phobia with needles, the last time he got a Jag he fainted, however we will find out how he I'll cope today, then later this afternoon OH has a hospital visit, then once back home I will have a quick tea then out to a church meeting, it's good to be retired when you have no need to rush as you have all the time in the world which is also the name of one of my favourite songs
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Happy birthday, Nicos.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X