X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon!

That looks yummy MH.
    I always try to have a packet of marshmallows in in case of doing a bbq and I prefer them to be a bit old and hard before toasting so they hold their shape. Looks like that’s a saved recipe for later - thanks!

Urm…as part of my ‘diet’ I needed to use up some filo pastry so had an attempt at making baklava!
    They are actually yummy but I think I over reduced the syrup so it was more chewy than a syrup - but they taste lovely!
    Just enough to make 3 muffin sized baklava. Yum.

We have heavy drizzle here so it’s been a bit of an indoor pottering sort of day.
    I did of course check up on my chitting potatoes several times!
    I made some yog yesterday and added some powdered Sheeps milk to try and make it taste a tad creamier than usual but it hasn’t dissoved Oh well, it’ll be fine on muesli
    Last edited by Nicos; 03-03-2022, 02:18 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, the forecasted rain didn't appear it just cold and damp instead even in my GH so no seed sowing today.
      I've spent the afternoon indoors seed sorting and planning what's going where in the garden and GH.

have a good evening.
      ​​​​
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Evening All I've been WFH today. It's rained all day. Decorating is nearly done, the walls are duck egg blue and I love the colour thank goodness. Some units still to complete and skirting boards to go on. Lounge is full of stuff from under the stairs (Glory Hole) and it has to stay there for a bit because although it's been painted, the floor needs laying. Feels like I'm on the home strait at last. Enjoy your evening, I'm off to look for a small table and chairs, my beautiful polished 6-10 seater is redundant and destined for firewood. Even charity shops don't want them that big!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Good to hear your progress Flo…definitely getting there!

No plans as yet today - I have a massive list of large and small things to tackle so I’ll play it by ear. Not sure whether to do a grory hop today or leave it until next week when it’ll be quieter.

No plans for the weekend as yet. Anyone got any exciting plans?

Comment

• Ooops- nearly forgot!
            Anyone fancy a cuppa?

Home mixed muesli with home made yogurt and home grown stewed apples for breakfast - you’re welcome to join me
            Last edited by Nicos; 04-03-2022, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

That must be heartbreaking, Flo, turning a table like that into firewood.

Nice offer, Nicos. Can I have yogurt and stewed apple, please? And definitely a cuppa. It's cold and miserable out. Feels like a day for a lot of hot drinks. No rain forecast for us again.

The smiles set off very early this morning before I had a look at the news. Just as well. The reports are not very smile-generating.

So, busy till five today and then I reckon I'll be calling it a day on the work front and only doing an emergency job over the weekend. Have already warned Mr Snoop I'll need a very big potting table this year for leaving plants out on during the day. So far he hasn't asked me where they're going to go at night...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

Yoghurt and apple for me too, please, Nicos. Lovely.

It's raining here and was raining when I wwent to bed, so maybe it rained all night, in which case it's due to stop I hope, or it will be another wet walk. I don't mind at all walking in the rain, but I hate having my coat done up, have done all my life. Still after practically no rain all winter it's time the ground got its moisture back. Just so long as it's not flooding people again.
                Last edited by mothhawk; 04-03-2022, 08:24 AM.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Oh wow!
                  OH has just appeared and said ‘ Grab your things- we’re going out in the camper for a few hours”

Oh yippee!
                  We’ll no doubt end up somewhere en route buying something or other diy but who cares…an outing is an outing - I’ve only been out for 1/2 hr in the past 2 weeks. Yippee!

Comment

• Morning

Rain here as well its not supposed to be for all day though.

Hair cut this morning then a stroll over to the shops later.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Bright and sunny here.
                      Off out to walk the beach.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning everybody. I'm waiting for a joiner to call round next as when Mr GFs mobility (wobbly) was assessed the other day by the physiotherapest/occupational therapist between us we decided grab rails in the bathroom would be a good idea. This afternoon she is dropping off a Zimmer frame which I cannot really see him using, but you never know (it took him 3 years to realise that it was a good thing to wear his hearing aids) and a pressure cushion.

Back again. The joiner is here, fitting grab rails in the shower.....Wow, that was fast and he's done a great job. It was getting scary watching Mr GF getting in and out before. At the moment he is watching the news and wishing he could go and help in Ukraine...........it's pointless telling him a wobbly 92 year old would be a liability.

I can't wait for the weather to improve so that he wants to go down to the allotment again, (as long as he stays away from the greenhouses).

If the physio lady calls early this afternoon I might fit in a trip to the garden centre later as I can't see the appalling weather, cold and wet, improving today and just for once the forecasters agree with me.
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 04-03-2022, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Well folks - it's done and functioning, thank you for being supportive friends. Now for the dust battle and filling the cupboards. I can't do much in the way of cooking until my stuff comes back from storage, but it's a great feeling now it's finished. And breathe ......
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Toot toot!…fantastic news Flo. You deserve a medal lass xx

I’ve been thinking about your poor table. Is it too late to donate it to an allotment society or something similar?

In case anyone was wondering , I had a lovely couple of hours out.

It looks like Hibou was helping me along with my diet today. When we got back she’d eaten half a defrosting burger then threw it up
                            She’s never pinched food before so that was very unexpected. Ah well.

gf - my mom had a second lease of life once her grab rails were fitted in her shower. Nothing like feeling independent and safe again eh?

Comment

• Ahhh Flo, you must feel as if you have scaled a mountain. I am so happy that you have got your kitchen back. What is going to be your first "culinary extravaganza"??

It has never dried up here today. Constant drizzle and murky with it. I just hope that the weekend is an improvement.

Comment

• Evening.

Really pleased for you Flo finally you can start to get back to normal xx
                                ​​​
                                ​​​

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X