Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon, frost overnight and still frosty at 6 but was gone by the time I got out of bed, breakfast, then a quick run round the living room with the hoover, move some ornaments (someone will then think I have dusted(D) then up for the dogs and though the frost was gone it was still very old out, once back home OH wanted to go out so headed to Kilmarnock to have some lunch at the GC, then had to call in at the hospital before heading back home and now home the rain has started and looks like being on for the rest of the day, right off to sort things for tonight's tea think it will be a chicken curry, so not much to prepare
    Remember to pass on smiles
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon the whole house smells of bread, only problem is it's makings feel hungry so I gave in and had a piece of carrot cake ​​​​​
      Its still raining but good news tomorrow it's going to be fine. ​​​ ​​​​
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon All I'm sure you must be bored stiff of hearing about my kitchen but latest is no one came today so we're still halfway there. No working oven or hob yet which is frustrating but plenty of progress with aesthetics. Interestingly the workers have 6 houses in S Yorks in pretty much the same state as ours but we're the only residents in situ, the others are in hotels! Hindsight is a wonderful thing
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          No rain yet, but it’s threatening….I’m hoping though to get more gardening done . If not, it’ll be more domestics. Never ending are they?
          Not bored at all hearing about your kitchen Flo. Just feeling very frustrated and sympathetic for you.I think we’ll all celebrate when the work is completed.

First things first - would anyone like a cuppa?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Love a cuppa Nicos, thank you!

Morning all, haven’t looked outside yet so no idea what the weather is doing. Not at all bored hearing about your kitchen Flo but I’m really looking forward to hearing you say it’s finished, it’s been a trial for you.

Have a great day everyone. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning everybody.

Flo, not bored hearing about your kitchen; happy to cheer you on from the sidelines as it slowly comes together for you.

6°C and murky/foggy here. Rain forecast later.

Haircuts today at lunchtime. I also need to pick our prescriptions up and ring the surgery for test results.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first hopefully I'll be back before it rains, some seed sowing after that.

Flo carry on with the kitchen updates you know you have our support xx

enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Not nice outside so rather than domestics I’ve decided to start replanning the patio!
                  I was weeding and cutting back in that area again yesterday and my imagination was flying!
                  * now wonders if the bedroom will be finished before the patio!….poor OH.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

Not bored at all Flo.
                    Cheering you on with every step of progress.
                    It cant be much longer until ou have your house back to normal.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• morning all,another one here not yet looked outside,feel lazy relaxed,today is take it as it comes ,looking forwards to my time with new friends later on,
                      FF keep the updates coming lass,you know how good it is to share,plus we are a nosey but genuine lot,thanks for the smiles Snoop they are in very chatty mood this morning,am slowly finding more about my new LTop,bloomin nora,i have yet to find the [make me a coffee button], am hoping to be able to get to grips with it,never seen the likes before,it does more than i dreamt of,WHEN i get to grips with things,seems i am able to dictate a letter,my brain has a new universe to explore,it hopefully will help me to spell,so far it is a good investment ,all I need to do is practice,and hopefully get quicker,anyhow have a lovely day,stay safe and Bgood2yourselfes
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning guyses and galses.

Really sorry to hear your woes, FF. They're making slower progress than the Russians.

Really busy today. The weather forecast is not good: next to no rain whatsoever. Just cloudy and cold. No good to man nor beast. And definitely not the land.

The smiles were out and about earlier, trying to get Frankie worked up again. But he's seen a mouse, so there's no distracting him today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

The morning started off really overcast so I did a grory hop before any rain arrived, but instead of rain it has warmed up and the sun is trying its best to get through the cloud now.

Biscuits - ah - I have some. I wanted to try out a new icing recipe I found so I made some sablés and sandwiched them together with the icing. They are pretty good!

The icing is divine. Here's the recipe - someone is sure to want it (Snoop!)

100 g unsalted butter, softened
                          125 g icing sugar, sifted
                          100 g white marshmallows
                          Beat butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl with a handheld electric whisk until light and fluffy. Melt marshmallows in microwave in a glass bowl for 20sec bursts until just melted and warm I found it only took one and a half bursts. Stir marshmallow until smooth, then beat into icing. Use while still warm, either in a piping bag or spread quickly with a knife. It sets as it cools.
                          Last edited by mothhawk; 03-03-2022, 12:26 PM.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• As I use Muscavado icing sugar the flavour had a slightly caramel flavour too.

Fogot to say - Flo, totally not in the least tired of hearing about your kitchen. In fact I'm probably as excited as you must be to see the finished article.
                            Last edited by mothhawk; 03-03-2022, 12:31 PM.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• So far the day is going well. We've both had haircuts, and obviously caught up on all the local gossip courtesy of the hairdresser. (Her tip today was a jar of my marmalade and a jar of my preserved lemons.)

I managed to get through to the doctor's surgery and evidently Mr GFs test results are normal; as he told the doctor at least something about him is.

Off to the chemists next to pick up our prescriptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                                Afternoon all.

The morning started off really overcast so I did a grory hop before any rain arrived, but instead of rain it has warmed up and the sun is trying its best to get through the cloud now.

Biscuits - ah - I have some. I wanted to try out a new icing recipe I found so I made some sablés and sandwiched them together with the icing. They are pretty good!

The icing is divine. Here's the recipe - someone is sure to want it (Snoop!)

100 g unsalted butter, softened
                                125 g icing sugar, sifted
                                100 g white marshmallows
                                Beat butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl with a handheld electric whisk until light and fluffy. Melt marshmallows in microwave in a glass bowl for 20sec bursts until just melted and warm I found it only took one and a half bursts. Stir marshmallow until smooth, then beat into icing. Use while still warm, either in a piping bag or spread quickly with a knife. It sets as it cools.
                                Sounds yummy, except the only place to buy marshmallows here is online at a certain store at an extortionate price.

No, I tell a lie. I've just visited said long river store and there they are at a price I would be willing to pay... Just as well we don't have a microwave oven, then!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X